News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Completely Impressed  (Read 1461 times)

Offline Imperial Sardaukar

Completely Impressed
« on: August 31, 2002, 04:31:09 PM »
I played a game yesterday, just a quick one 5 man/woman squad aside. I used the hobby stores Space Marines, and seeing that they had a small Sisters of Battle squad in a display case, i took them out and used them to show my friend how to play.

We just had a quick game, showing him the ropes, but the Sisters of Battle performed amazingly. I was stunned. That one 5 woman squad managed to survive a hail of bolter fire, and then about 7 turns of CC (we kept going at it trying to see who would break combat first and run) killing 3 marines to themselves, and suffering no losses in return. They just refused to break, and refused to die. I was so shocked.

Im sure that im probably exaggerating due to the small scale of the game, but still...it was really surprising. I expected them to be beaten down like a bunch of little girls (no pun intended) and they held their own. The manager of the store subsequently told me that the winner of the last store tournament was SOB!  :o

Im speechless.

Offline Archon Xanath

• RTFM
Re:Completely Impressed
« Reply #1 on: September 4, 2002, 01:02:56 AM »
Give the squad a priest w/ bolt pistol and ccw to make them faithful, and they really shine.  The Acts of Faith are what really set the SoB list apart and give it some vim and vigour.

AX