News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tyranid List 1500*I dont play tyranids* but would like advice for the idea  (Read 437 times)

Offline enlg

• I like editing stuff.
ok, here it is,

(181) hive tyrant, wings, 2 twin devourers, +BS, +S, warp field

(70) broodlord
(153) genestealers x9, feeder tendrils

(91) fleshborer guants x13, scuttlers
(91) fleshborer guants x13, scuttlers
(65) fleshborer guants x13 -home objective
(160) genestealers x8, feeder tendrils, scuttlers

(114) carnifex, barbed strangler, scything talons, flesh hooks
(114) carnifex, barbed strangler, scything talons, flesh hooks -1422

(164) carnifex, barbed strangler, venom cannon, +W, +BS, flesh hooks
(164) carnifex, barbed strangler, venom cannon, +W, +BS, flesh hooks
(65) zoanthrope, warp blast, synapse
(65) zoanthrope, warp blast, synapse

1499pts, any advice or comments?

Offline GaleRazorwind

• Hormagaunt
  • Ziltoid Lives!
  • Armies: Nids, BA, CSM
Well, just a quick initial observation. Why are you spending 9 points to give your Stealers FT when you can give just your BL FT for a third of that cost? Excluding your other squad of Stealers who already have their own FT, you have no dedicated CC units that could benifit greatly from it.

Keep in mind that you can't just sit Gaunts on an objective and expect them to stick around and hold it unless you provide dedicated Synapse support. Lurking models can't hold objectives.

I guess my main concern for this list is that you have 39 shooty Gaunts and only 4 models with Synapse. Your opponent could easily wipe out your Synapse network, rendering your Gaunts useless. Your Fexes and Stealers will be fine without it, though. Here is the kicker: Units in close combat don't need Synapse (though it helps), so a brood of Hormies that charges multiple units can be left while they deal with whatever they attacked, although be sure they win the combat as with their low Ld they will be easy to wipe.
Ziltoid is so omniscient, if there were to be two omnisciences, he would be both!