News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Emperors Imperial Phalanx Guard  (Read 2039 times)

Offline Farseer_Sting

• Play Guard, Never be out gunned
The Emperors Imperial Phalanx Guard
« on: August 29, 2002, 07:11:38 PM »
The Emperor’s Imperial Phalanx Guard

This little know chapter is founded on the most unusual planet of Sparta Prime. What makes this planet so unique is the fact that every 5 years it turn so that now a different side faces the planets sun, this in its self is odd but when one hemisphere is total darkness it becomes totally in capable of supporting life until the next revolution of the planet. So needless to say people on this planet have learned to be mobile very mobile, in fact entire cities there are built so that they can be disassembled and either flown or driven across the globe to relocate in the now sunny side of the planet. The Emperor’s Imperial Phalanx Guard where founded during the 3 third founding but have never achieved quite the notoriety of some of the more infamous chapters such as the Space Wolfs. There battle style reflects on their home world greatly, everything has to be able to move fast or start already up. The Phalanx Guard has fought notably against all of the Emperor’s foes, but it was against the vile Chaos that they lost the Primarch. He was slain after he had killed both a chaos lord and sorcerer. The Imperial Phalanx Guard has been known to ally with the elder on occasion. The IPG (Imperial Phalanx Guard) really heavily on there tech priests and there knowledge of arcane technology. Though they started out as full chapter numbering more than 1,000,000 after constant warfare and very few new recruits there number have dwindled significantly to around 1 quarter of what it originally was.

These rules follow of the 40k guidelines and make no new rules ,only limiting (and adding a bit of flavor)  the army list. This is based off Codex: Space Marines:

Sunny Side up: All models in this army must be able to either infiltrate, be mounted, deep strike, or have jump packs

Devastators, Veteran Squads, Dreadnoughts, and whirlwinds may not be taken at all

The following units are now 0-1 : Terminator Squad, Terminator Assault Squad, Assault Squads,

Other than every other unit must take either a transport, jump pack, and has to use its deep strike/infiltrate rules unless the mission rules specifically state otherwise.

please tell me what u think, im hoping for a challengin yet fun army. When painted im going for that entire  ancient greek theme.

Instant IQ test click here

Warp Riders Expeditionary Force
Win=15
Loose=2
Tie=0

Offline JiMInY

• What big teeth I have
Re:The Emperors Imperial Phalanx Guard
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2002, 01:24:24 PM »
It   sounds prettey cool and like you spent a lot of time on it, there is one flaw though, unless its one of the unnamed chapters, then it did not its self have an actual primarch, well o to speak they di have a primarch but he wouldnt be their actual primarch if u get what i mean theyd just use his gene seed, but other than that the ruls look prettey cool
consume the magical plant

Offline Farseer_Sting

• Play Guard, Never be out gunned
« Reply #2 on: September 2, 2002, 10:53:43 PM »
Thx, i didn't know that but i did get your rift. Also i made a slight tabo in the fluff after reading this months white dwarf the original chapter size should only be about 10,000

Instant IQ test click here

Warp Riders Expeditionary Force
Win=15
Loose=2
Tie=0

Offline Arzetch

• "Fear the Stone Crawler"
« Reply #3 on: September 3, 2002, 02:34:59 PM »
very cool chapter :) got fluff too. would be really cool to see them finished painted in an greek theme. :) fun that some people tries to make space marines at least a bit intresting ;) ;D