News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Need some suggestions  (Read 617 times)

Offline Gornak

Need some suggestions
« on: January 14, 2008, 02:37:18 PM »
Ok so I've been thinking about orks for a long long time and I finally started to build one up. Now I love the new biker model and rules so I want to basically fill my fast attack options with them. Now when I'm arming the nob what would be better Power klaw or Uge choppa? I play alot of meq armies but I was thinking that the uge choppa would be cheaper but im usally striking last so a PK would be great. And another thing will GW be releasing models for Battlewagons and looted tanks?

Offline Kiefatar

• ...and Margarita Shooters!
Re: Need some suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 02:55:05 PM »
Well,

1. Biker Armies are fun to model and play... They work signifcantly differently in the new codex so you have to watch out for leadership concerns. As a general rule, in squads of Boyz, always take the Power Klaw, in squads of Nob Bikers, 1 PK is good, 2 Is better, but unessesary. 'Uge Choppas though, are quite potent on a squad of Nob Bikers.

2. Unknown, I've had GW people say that there will be a '2nd Waagh!' of ork releases, but nobody knows if there's going to be battlewagon/looted wagon bitz. I've heard interesting rumors concerning a single box capable of building a vareity of orky vehicles up to 1 BattleWagon or 2+ smaller vehicles, but I'm not sure about that, cool though it would be. As is, Leman Russ/Land Raider patterns and Rhino patterns make great raw material. Just cut creatively and start adding bitz from there.
The Flan of Victory! Delicious!

For all your Ork Needs! -
http://www.40konline.com/mos/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=861&topic=155110.0

40K Online Campaign - Despoiler Organizer
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=162397.0

Offline O.I.C.

• Ork Skarboy
Re: Need some suggestions
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 03:46:53 PM »

bike armrys can be fast and fun...and if you expand your imagination alil you can have lots of fun..like i for one have started using bikes with side cars as buggies.

just my 2 cents...

OIC