News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ferals on the way out?  (Read 508 times)

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
  • Orks is never beaten. only banned
    • Tellyport to the Ork Board Now
Ferals on the way out?
« on: October 22, 2007, 11:13:43 AM »
So anyway, I recently put together a Feral Warboss riding on a Boar.  He looks AWESOME!  I want to model some squiggoths, too, but that's really all I have right now in the Feral Department.

I've toyed with the idea of doing some Boarboyz, some Savage Boyz, and so on... but now rumours seem to indicate that Ferals won't be in the new Dex at all.  So I am thinking about turning the Boarboss into a showpiece and the Squiggoths into Apoc Squiggoths.

Would be cool to do a Feral army, but I am thinking more and more that it is just not getting updated or included in the new edition rules.

Thoughts?
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Orks iz BEST cause we were made to FIGHT and WIN

Offline Xeal

• Nothing says free time, like modifying an avatar.
Re: Ferals on the way out?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 04:11:37 PM »
Yeah I think ferals are going to be gone.  I think they were too much of a minority to make it into the new dex (i've never seen an actual feral army ever!

Still they may give them an apocalypse datasheet somewhere down the road.

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 05:46:38 PM »
Well, naturally, you should wait until you read the finished Codex before making any conclusions, but for now it would be a good idea to delay any major investment into Feral Orks.  If worse comes to worst, Feral Orks have been a fringe ruleset for a long time, so I doubt that many players who allow you to use the list now would object after the Ork Codex is re-released.

And, with Apocalypse being a more loose ruleset, there should be no problem.
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
  • Orks is never beaten. only banned
    • Tellyport to the Ork Board Now
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 10:50:22 AM »
I'll admit - it is simply nice to be able to draw upon fantasy models as a source of models for 40K Orks.  Some of these I will certainly still be able to do, such as Black Orks for Ard Boyz (if THEY still exist next edition) and so forth.

Boarboyz, though, may be just a dream... making a Feral Army sort of an "Ask opponent's permission" army in any case, I think.

:')
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Orks iz BEST cause we were made to FIGHT and WIN