News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Alaitoc need your help!  (Read 203 times)

Offline Melkhor

• Yes... Cubanbe
    • Ubergaming
The Alaitoc need your help!
« on: August 6, 2004, 11:32:49 PM »
3 Rounds, Swiss Pairings

400 points

You must take at least one Troops choice

You may take a maximum of one HQ choice

You may spend remaining points from any part of your codex

No model in your army may have more than two wounds

No special characters, even those which do not normally require permission to play

No model in your army may have a 2+ save

No vehicle in your army may have a total Armor Value of more than 33 (adding the front, one side and the rear AV together)

Eldar may take a single Warlock as an HQ choice without buying a farseer

Black Templars may not take the Emperor's Champion

Victory points earned in each round will be recorded and used to break ties

Prizes will be awarded to first through third place, as well as best painted (although it is not necessary to be fully painted to play)

With those rules I need to come up with an Alaitoc force, but I have no idea where to begin.

I own the following models (and obviously I need to pick up a warlock): 16 Ranger/Pathfinder, 12 Def Gaurdians, 1 anti-grav Starcannon, Wraithlord with Starcannon, 4 Dragons + Exarch, 4 Spiders + Exarch, Fuegan (not legal this time  :'( ), and thats it.

I can buy whatever else is reccomended, but I want to use as much of what I have as possible.
From Seattle/Everett area. If you live around here email me now!!!

Alaitoc Eldar - 1850 points

Black Templars Space Marines - 1000 points

Lizardmen - 2000 points

Offline B'du

Re: The Alaitoc need your help!
« Reply #1 on: August 7, 2004, 01:00:10 PM »
From the looks of it, you won't be coming up against land raiders or nightbringers very often. Therefore, you need swarms.

Think about this: I could get 1 Chaos Aspiring Champion with maybe 2 upgrades for 42 points, OR
                            I could get an entire command platoon with Imperial Guard for the same price.

I strongly suggest mass guardians. 20 Guardians and 2 Scatterlaser Platforms is relatively inexpensive, strong guns, able to take down all tanks that you'll face and you can add warlocks. Put in very small squads of rangers to disrupt your enemy, and maybe a storm squad for close combat.
Za dvumya zaitsami pogonish'sya, ne odnogo ne poimaesh'.

Offline Melkhor

• Yes... Cubanbe
    • Ubergaming
Re: The Alaitoc need your help!
« Reply #2 on: August 7, 2004, 01:54:36 PM »
Right on, but I'm really not a big fan of the storm squad. I would probably rather pick up some scorpions, but even that I am timid.

I like your suggestions thus far, but I wanna hear what more people have to say.
From Seattle/Everett area. If you live around here email me now!!!

Alaitoc Eldar - 1850 points

Black Templars Space Marines - 1000 points

Lizardmen - 2000 points