News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2k Iyanden FOR NEW RULES NEED HELP PLZ!  (Read 209 times)

Offline ShadowsOfReality

• Strategy.
2k Iyanden FOR NEW RULES NEED HELP PLZ!
« on: August 5, 2004, 01:34:56 AM »
Ive bin interested in Eldar for some time now and have resently got the money to start up an iyanden force the thing is with the new rules coming out and me knowing nothing about the race i have no idea where to start and everyone around here seems to know exactly what their doing so i thought id ask you. so far i only filled 1571 points and i dunno where to put the other points into and i was hoping u could help me ....also and this is a big question i have a squad of 10 wraithGaurd and it has a spirit seer in it i can my farseer and his 2 spiritseer bodygaurds join the unit aswell making it so its 10 wraithgaurd a farseer and 3 spirit seers because if i leave the warlocks and the seer behind they will get shot at because of the new targeting rules...well heres the list help me fill the point and plz do critic it cuzz im a complete newb to this army

Farseer/ Fortune, Witchblade, Pistol=76
2 spirit seers/ Enhance, Destructor, Witchblades, Pistols=100

3 WraithLords/ Starcannons and Flammers=360

5 WraithGaurd/=175
SpiritSeer/ Enhance, WitchBlade, Pistol=50
WaveSerpant/ HaloFeild, StarCannon=150

5 WraithGaurd/=175
SpiritSeer/ Enhance, WitchBlade, Pistol=50
WaveSerpant/ HaloFeild, Brightlance=150

10WraithGaurd/=350
Spiritseer/ Conceal, Witchblade, Pistol=55

the ideas pritty simple the once in wave serpant get their fast and shoot then assualt and then the 10 lumber accross the feild shooting...even though wraithGaurd can take out tanks veery nicly is till gave one of my Waveserpants a brightlance just incase one was very far off and was a huge threat any  help would be greatly apreciated :D

Offline Dinendal

• Infinity Circuit
  • LARPing FTW
Re: 2k Iyanden FOR NEW RULES NEED HELP PLZ!
« Reply #1 on: August 5, 2004, 07:14:29 AM »
I recommand you to buy the eldar codex, craftworld and eye of terror (for USF). With the new rules coming i dont think you shopuld make your choice now (haha just like me :D).

thats it :p
"The argument goes something like this: `I refuse to prove that I exist,' says God, `for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.'

"`But,' says Man, `The Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED.'

"`Oh dear,' says God, `I hadn't thought of that,' and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.

Offline phobius_firehand

Re: 2k Iyanden FOR NEW RULES NEED HELP PLZ!
« Reply #2 on: August 5, 2004, 09:41:38 PM »
its been a while... hahaha

I'd say that The_Wolf is correct if you havent already bought those units but it kind of sounded as if you had so just in case.

Id say you should first remove the spirit seer ability on all your warlocks except for maybe one in your farseer ret. because they ability wont be working if you have all the spirit seers seperated with only their squad.  Becuase you only have 3 squads of Wraith guard, 2 being in transit, this will make it very hard to keep the squds in range of one another.

The next thing I'd say to do is maybe add a Falcon and supe up your farseer ret. a bit by adding 1 or 2 more warlocks with more destructors or an embolden *never know now since there's sweeping advance again*.  The farseer + ret. can go in the falcon and *if equipped with spears* knock up any tank just about as effectively as a WG squad.  If you give em destructor then you could flame down just about any squad in one turn.  Id suggest trying both.

also regarding the new vehicle rules you might contemplate upgrading your twin shuricatupults on your WS's to shuricannons because you can now move 12" and shoot all str 6 weapons along w/ your Bright lance *main weapon*.

Good luck
Darkness Flame