News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Is mega-armors good?  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Delmazar

• So may I be the weapon of my clan...
Is mega-armors good?
« on: November 6, 2002, 12:52:03 AM »
Hi!

Do mega-armors are good? When do you use them? Are they point-wise?

I was thinking of a big HQ squad in mega-armor... a little bit crazy but it could prove powerfull! What do you think of this?...

1 Warboss (HQ) @ 459 Pts
     Power Klaw; Shoota
     Mega-Armour [30]
     Cybork Body [10]
     Big Horns / Iron Gob [6]

5 Nobz Bodyguard @ [300] Pts
          Power Klaw; Shoota
          Mega-Armour [30]
          Cybork Body [10]

1 Trukk @ [53] Pts
          Big Shoota (x1)
          Red Paint Job [3]
          Turbo Boosta [5]
          Grot Riggers [2]
          5 pt. Armour Plates [5]

Models in Army: 7
Total Army Cost: 459

Ok! It's really costly! Do anybody use a squad like this one? It should be really killer! It gives a total of 21 power klaw attacks on the charge at S8 and S10!! ;D I wanted to put a mad dok with them but he only use his medik tools against shooting...  :P Too bad!
Delmazar
[Knowledge is a weapon... My mind is growing... So may I be the weapon of my clan...]

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
Re:Is mega-armors good?
« Reply #1 on: November 6, 2002, 01:39:57 AM »
Yes they are I have my Retinue similar but with only 4 nobz in mega ar. and the last in eavy ar. he carries the standard an a rokkit launcher. My HQ comes to about 480. And in battle they are nigh unstoppable, you can take out squad after squad with ease.

Offline Delmazar

« Reply #2 on: November 6, 2002, 10:29:41 AM »
When I play eldar, I have a 100 pt farseer and 1400 pt for the army. 400-500 pt is HUGE compared to what I usually put on the table!  ;D But if it worth it... why not!

Do you use your retenue in 1500 pt games?
« Last Edit: November 6, 2002, 12:03:46 PM by Delmazar »
Delmazar
[Knowledge is a weapon... My mind is growing... So may I be the weapon of my clan...]

Offline Frgsinwntr

• Sisters burn
« Reply #3 on: November 6, 2002, 01:55:08 PM »
what i have found is if you spread them around they can do alot more damage, especially if your trukk gets blown up, since the mega armor can greatly slow your movement.  the last game i played was against chaos space marines, i have my warboss in mega armor by himself, and then 2 squads of boyz with a nob each in mega armor.  this spread my guys around especailly since he ripped through my boyz, who in effect just absorbed the damage while the nobs killed the CSMs.  was a close game but it ended with me having my warboss, 8 boyz and 2 nobz left, while all he had was a tank, lol when i get back from class today if i have time i will post what each of us was using : )
Chain swords are awesome.  The only way would be cooler is if they had tits and were on fire.

Offline Delmazar

« Reply #4 on: November 6, 2002, 03:36:40 PM »
Ok! I would do both I think... I would take that big retenue on truk and take Nobs with the slugga boyz. These Nobs will only have power klaw, no other upgrades. I use the new assault rules with my friends and the nobs will be the last orks standing even if they don't have the 2+ save.  ;D
Delmazar

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
« Reply #5 on: November 8, 2002, 07:05:47 AM »
No I use my Retinue in a battle that is 1500+
other wise thats 1/3 of my army gone and I can't fit my two dreads if I do.

Offline CrimsonFist

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2002, 08:34:46 PM »
mega armoured nobs are very excellent, especially in the warbosses retinue, get them into assault quickly
Crimson Fists Army: 2356pts : 18-4-0
Ork Army: 1872pts : 25-15-3
Tau Army: 374pts (just started) : 0-0-0