News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1850 sisters tourny list... have a look  (Read 536 times)

Offline artimis

1850 sisters tourny list... have a look
« on: December 20, 2006, 02:26:54 PM »
Headquarters
Canoness with Brazier of Holy Fire, Cloak of St. Aspria, Blessed Weapon, Jump Pack, Book of St. Lucius = 130

Canoness with Inferno Pistol, Cloak of St. Aspria, Eviscerator, Melta Bombs, Jump Pack, Book of St. Lucius = 130

Troops
12 Sisters with Veteran Sister, 2 Storm Bolters, Book of St. Lucius = 161

10 Sisters with Veteran Sister, Heavy Flamer, Flamer, Book of St. Lucius = 147

2 Rhinos with Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers = 116

Fast Attack
8 Seraphim with Veteran Sister, Power Weapon, Brazier of Holy Fire, Inferno Pistol, Hand Flamers, Book of St. Lucius = 233

8 Seraphim with Veteran Sister, Power Weapon, Brazier of Holy Fire, Inferno Pistol, Hand Flamers, Book of St. Lucius = 233

6 Seraphim with Veteran Sister, Eviscerator, Brazier of Holy Fire, Inferno Pistol, Hand Flamer, Book of St. Lucius = 204

Heavy Support
10 Retributions with Veteran Sister, 4 Heavy Bolters, Book of St. Lucius = 189

Total: 1851
Model Count: 78
Vehicle Count: 2
Faith Point Count: 12

C+C welcome!

Offline Ixe

Re: 1850 sisters tourny list... have a look
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 10:08:32 PM »
An interesting strategy, once which I haven't really thought about.  You've foregone exorcists in favor of tank hunting seraphim.  This is not a strategy I'd suggest.  I use 3 exorcists in my 1850, and they are the crushing hammer of my army.  If the enemy fails to destroy them, he's dead.  But if he fails to destroy my 4 (soon to be 5) transports, he's also dead because he has rapid firing battle sisters swarming him.  What this means is that, while you have virtually no range, you have quite a few bodies.

Your inferno pistols don't give you nearly enough anti-tank.  You have 4 inferno pistols and an eviscerator, and that's it.  If you play a skimmer based army where you can't score a pen, you'll need much more than that to take out tanks reliably.

TBH, in fact, I don't think this army will work.  The only two tanks on the board are two rhinos, which means they're dead meat.  Any army with an average amount of anti-tank can stop the two rhino squads in their tracks before they get a chance to flame.  I think you have a choice: drop the rhinos or go full mechanized.  All it would take to mechanized your other two Battle Sister squads would be to drop one squad of phim, or one canoness.  If you went that route, I'd go with heavy flamer/melta on all four of your mounted squads.  Heavy flamer/flamer isn't that impressive because of the multiple templates rule, and without a meltagun, a dreadnought creates a huge buffer zone against your BSS's.  I've tried the all flamers list, and one dreadnought clogged up my entire rush forwards, forcing me to go around him and get bogged in difficult terrain...  The flamers weren't so good either, again because of the multiple templates rule.  Heavy flamers are excellent, but that 2nd flamer is considerably less impressive and kills your versatility.

If you decide not to go mechanized, you could drop the extra 2 sisters off your two stormbolter squads and use the points you save on rhinos to get another BSS.  I would take 2x melta on all walking squads.  Stormbolters are just a waste of time - only Guard fear 4 bolter shots on the move.  Stationary, they just give you 1 extra shot each, wheee.  And rapid firing, where Sisters are best, they do nothing.  Meltaguns give you an effective 18" threat range against tanks (6" move and 12" fire) meaning that transports and monstrous creatures can't stop right in your face and laugh at your inability to hurt them.

Regardless of whether you mechanize or not, I'm not excited about your prospects of winning without exorcists.  They are the lynchpin of pure Sisters.  All you'd have to drop would be your 2nd canoness and the 6 girl phim squad and that would be two exorcists right there.  Trust me, they're important tanks to have...

Offline NidFood

• Gotta have faith
Re: 1850 sisters tourny list... have a look
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 07:36:33 AM »
Headquarters
Canoness with Brazier of Holy Fire, Cloak of St. Aspria, Blessed Weapon, Jump Pack, Book of St. Lucius = 130

Canoness with Inferno Pistol, Cloak of St. Aspria, Eviscerator, Melta Bombs, Jump Pack, Book of St. Lucius = 130

She already has an Eviscerator AND an inferno, so dump the melta bombs.  Mastercraft the eviscerator

Troops

Just not a strong choice.  Storm bolters aren't gonna win it for you most games.

2 Rhinos with Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers = 116

Either go all mechanized or all footsloggers.  These 2 rhinos stick out like a sore thumb and will get popped easily because they're your only vehicles.

Fast Attack

6 Seraphim with Veteran Sister, Eviscerator, Brazier of Holy Fire, Inferno Pistol, Hand Flamer, Book of St. Lucius = 204

Mixing weapons is bad.  I'd go with 2x flamers because seraphim are better off going after troops.  And it's going to take you 2-3 turns to get into range to use the inferno pistols.  If you really want your seraphim to be able to take down vehicles, then give the vets Eviscerators.  S3 power weapons aren't going to scare anyone.

Heavy Support
10 Retributions with Veteran Sister, 4 Heavy Bolters, Book of St. Lucius = 189

A nice squad, though a little big.  Also, no Exorcists.  You need the ranged firepower.  Your only tank hunting is on your seraphim and Canonesses, all of it is extremely short range.