News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: AhhHhh REDS!!!!  (Read 1442 times)

Offline Jester

• The Mouthy One
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Life is a bet at horrible odds.
AhhHhh REDS!!!!
« on: March 11, 2002, 04:38:55 AM »
Okay. Now i'm not the best painter ever, don't get me wrong... but i can blend with the best of them. Except red. if i blend red, it turns out brown or orange. ?! Yet i see these armour plates on fire dragons mostly, or on the Harliquin Dark eldar in the Featured models that have a red fade to black!?! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!

GOD I HATE REDS!!! i wish they didn't look so freaking good. Honestly i'm 2 seconds from throwing out this whole harliquin/dark eldar conversion thing and tossing in the towel. It's insanely difficult. INSANE!! i think it just might be beyond my painting and converting skills..

I figured above average would be good enough.. but for instance the blue the guy used is regal blended to white i think (Only way i can get the same result) I just spent 43 minutes blending the Blue parts on ONE Incubi... and i havn't done one leg yet.. so it'll be an hour. for one colour. on one mini.. there has to be a better way to do this...

I think i might have to stick to my old colour scheme of Green on Black. SOOOO easy... greens blend so nicely too. It's almost like they were made TO blend you know? I just love harliquins so much.

SO, here's what i need from you guys.
A way to blend Red.
OR
another colour scheme that fits dark harliquins... (Perferably not covered in colours that are nice easy to blend, like greys, reds and yellows. Ya i know, what does that leave for harliquins??!)

Thanks for the help guys. Man this site is great.