News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Lets play Dark Heresy.Sign UP  (Read 6643 times)

Offline Rems

• Lazerous Penguin
Re: Lets play Dark Heresy.Sign UP
« Reply #20 on: September 7, 2011, 04:26:37 AM »
Ha, what an illustrious history it carries. Most amusing.

Perhaps he's like the Nameless One, living out innumerable incarnations. (Planescape references for the win)

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
  • Armies: Deffskullz
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2011, 07:01:04 PM »
I only count three character sheets? I want four.

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 07:47:36 AM »
I didn't think I made it in but if it's me your waiting for I'll be back from holiday tomorrow and can steal a rule book on thursday if needed, should be able to get a character up on friday.

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2011, 12:31:04 PM »
I'm very sorry if it is me your waiting for but I've been let down for borrowing a rulebook :(

To avoid holding people up any longer please count me out and sorry again if it was me :-[

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2011, 05:25:59 PM »
Nah it's not you we were waiting on, it was a player in general. But I guess I can run the game with 3 players without any problems. I'll start the game in the next few days

Offline Koval, Master Verispex

• 40kOnline's Care Bear of Tanks | The Velvet Glove of Fated Tenderness and Ambition
  • Ancient
  • Well, that was unexpected...
  • Armies: Imperial Guard (Indelvian 190th Mechanised)
« Reply #25 on: October 1, 2011, 04:55:58 AM »
Is this going to get off the ground any time soon? I'm asking because I've just had the details through for my first teacher-training placement, so if I need to withdraw for any reason, I'd rather do so before having committed myself properly, though if we are definitely starting soon then I'll stay on board for as long as I am able.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2011, 04:59:07 AM by Koval, Archmagos Errant »

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #26 on: October 1, 2011, 08:54:46 AM »
Sorry. I wanted to start at the beginning of this week, but I haven't had much of a chance to sit and write it all up.

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #27 on: October 1, 2011, 10:08:17 PM »
Well i still wanted to run this. But since Koval might have to withdraw and we were already short on players, I think Im going to call it off. Sorry everyone. I hope ill see you in some other games though

• 40kOnline's Care Bear of Tanks | The Velvet Glove of Fated Tenderness and Ambition
  • Ancient
« Reply #28 on: October 2, 2011, 02:09:34 AM »
See, when you put it like that, I feel really bad because of things that are out of my control :-/

Fair enough if we were short on people anyway, though.

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #29 on: October 2, 2011, 03:19:52 AM »
Haha don't feel bad. Obviously I have been very busy, and yes we were short anyways. So let's just go with for so divine reason God obviously didn't want us to play this game :P

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #30 on: October 2, 2011, 10:45:32 PM »
Another one bites the dust, I guess. One day we'll manage to run a game of Dark Heresy here.

Too bad, I was looking forward to playing an rather unsavoury chap, what-ho old bean? noble who lazed around and refused to do any real work. It would been a nice change from playing quiet druids/rangers.

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #31 on: October 2, 2011, 11:31:20 PM »
Yeah I was really looking forward to it to. Had some great campaign Ideas (you acolytes were going to be so abused).

• Ancient
« Reply #32 on: October 3, 2011, 02:45:17 PM »
Yeah I was really looking forward to it to. Had some great campaign Ideas (you acolytes were going to be so abused).
Abuse, eh? Interesting. I can do character abuse well, to the point where I end up making it worse. Case in point; in a campaign I ran last year, my Acolytes were subjected to:
-a Daemon Prince that just refused to stay dead (they had to take it down nine times before it gave up the ghost)
-half of a planet being more or less turned into Cybermen (and when they found the factory, INSANITY POINTS EVERYWHERE)
-near-constant mind rape upon entering a shipwreck with an active Warp engine (which later exploded and gave the whole team Insanity and Corruption)
-a miniature Dreadnought/Talos mish-mash piloted by a fragment of the above Daemon Prince
-an Inquisitor turning traitor right in front of them (largely catalysed by our Arbitrator thinking he was Casanova, and failing very hard... or succeeding, depending on your point of view)
-Psychic Dreams For Everyone (which turned out to have been flashbacks from one NPC's very long and very troubled life)
-one of the team (the above Arbitrator, actually) suddenly developing unexplained psychic powers
-an Alpha Psyker possessed by the above Daemon Prince
-multiple character deaths (including a near miss at the start of the game, when I nearly blew up the Acolytes' spaceship before they'd even boarded the escape pods. Curse you, borrowed Rogue Trader ship-combat rules!)
-worst of all, Clarence (an Inquisitor from whose perspective I wrote this a couple of years ago, YMMV on how debilitating his presence might've been, though)

...let's just say that given the abuse I put my Acolytes through, I'd have been seriously impressed had your abuse topped that. While I'm sure you would've done, I guess we'll never know :P (having said that, feel free to turn it into something on the Fiction board, and feel free to abuse the hell out of Severino if you do; I'd read it)

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #33 on: October 3, 2011, 04:28:50 PM »
Heh, when I GM'd Dark Heresy my group didn't need me to do much; they abused themselves without my help. Even just running through the pre-made Campaigns from the back of the book and Purge the Unclean, they'd always manage to screw the pooch in some spectacular fashion.

Like in the Space Hulk adventure, when one of them wanted to stay behind to try and grab the Deathwatch Marine's thunder hammer. The Deathwatch Marine who was currently being buried under a literal tide of Dark Eldar warp beasts. Or when they met the ghosts of the psykers on the Inquisition Black Ship, and I was very pointedly dropping hints about not saying who they were working for. What does the first acolyte say when the ghosts ask who they are? "We are the Imperial Inquisition!"

Cue unconsciousness and angry spirits breaking all their stuff.

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #34 on: October 6, 2011, 07:43:14 PM »
If you're still interested in running I can throw in a character?
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014