News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Legio Cybernetica Deathwing Army  (Read 1239 times)

Offline Doctor Thunder

Legio Cybernetica Deathwing Army
« on: December 28, 2008, 12:25:50 AM »
I've been looking forward to doing this commission for a while.  Those of you long in the tooth know that during the Horus Heresy both sides had access to armies of robotic soldiers, and while the concept was cool the GW models were pretty poor, so I've decided to reinvent the look of the robots using GW parts.

Well, since the Heresy the knowledge has been lost to men, but certain first founding legions, such as the Dark Angels, still maintain limited stores of these irreplaceable artifacts from a lost age, and in times of dire need, the Chapter's ForgeFather will lead these constructs to war.

This army uses the Deathwing Rules from the Dark Angels Codex.  The Forgefather model counts as Belial, while the robots count as squads of Terminators.  The Robots are built using the toes from a Sentinel, the legs from a stealth suit, terminator arms, and the torso from an Epic 40K Knight from the Epic 40K starter box set (which has been out of print for a decade, so getting 30 of thoe together was no small task)

Right now I've got Belial and one squad assembled.  When I'm done there will be six squads of terminator robots.

Enjoy

Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this?
This is my BOOMSTICK! It's a twelve gauge double barreled Remington, S-Mart's top-of-the-line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop Smart. Shop S-mart. Ya got that?!
Now I swear, the next one of you primates, even touches me...
Ya! (BOOM) (BOOM)

Offline Sheepz

• Marshal: The beatings will continue until discipline improves!
  • Ancient
  • Getting away with murder.
Re: Legio Cybernetica Deathwing Army
« Reply #1 on: January 2, 2009, 06:48:08 PM »
First, I think those are really fantastic, but I have to offer a bit of criticism otherwise this would be a pretty boring post.

1) ForgeFather's arms are far too small. Really, they look noticeably out of whack with the rest of the model. Doing a proper job for such a project will be much better.

2) The robots look good. Suitably chunky and Imperial, but definitely more organic than men in suits. However, they need Imperialling up a bit. I think some big ass wires, purity seals and the odd Imperial eagle should resolve this nicely.

Other than that. Fantastic.

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Grey Knights
« Reply #2 on: January 2, 2009, 06:50:28 PM »
Friggin' awesome man. I feel the need to go on eBay and search for the knight titans now...

Offline Doctor Thunder

« Reply #3 on: January 2, 2009, 11:28:32 PM »
Okay, army is all done.

Enjoy.

Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this?
This is my BOOMSTICK! It's a twelve gauge double barreled Remington, S-Mart's top-of-the-line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop Smart. Shop S-mart. Ya got that?!
Now I swear, the next one of you primates, even touches me...
Ya! (BOOM) (BOOM)