News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: A Question For The Guys  (Read 2204 times)

Offline Kage2020

• Knower of Things
  • Ancient
  • Mar a tha, mar a bha, mar a bhitheas vyth go bragh
Re: A Question For The Guys
« Reply #20 on: September 7, 2005, 06:41:13 PM »
Anywho, I was just wandering how many of you read womens magazines, and I don't mean for the chance to see clothing pictures, make-up or anything...
To answer this original post, I do!  When I was younger it was because all, or most, of my friends were women and they just left them hanging around.  It's a "boy condition" in some regards, or so I have heard!

Anyway, now I tend to read them with my girlfriend.  We'll go to Barnes & Noble and sit down with a stack of 'boy' and 'girl' magazines and read the articles together.  If nothing else it's hilarioius to be able to share the kind of limited scope article that tends to show up in the articles of the magazines of either sex... :D

Kage

Edit: Just noted the quotation glitch.  Darned typos! ;)
« Last Edit: September 8, 2005, 11:08:45 AM by Kage2020 »

Offline magikot of alaitoc

• Infinity Circuit
  • The lovable li'l pagan
« Reply #21 on: September 8, 2005, 12:11:06 AM »
I do. I work at a grocery store as a cashier (amongst other positions I hold there), so when I am waiting around on a slow night since I usually close the store, I flip through seeing if there are any interesting articles. Sometimes there are, sometimes there aren't. I do jot down the recipes since I love to cook, both for myself and my girlfriend. Also I find it quite comical how they keep printing the same "10 sex secrets that will drive him wild!" articles. Like it was said above, only about half work. Or I laugh at how incredibly inaccurate the horoscopes are and like to compare the horoscopes in all the women's magazines looking for two to match up, but alas, they never do. But yes, sometimes there are actually interesting articles or studies which I read, I read the cooking section, and just browse the rest.
"Your reality, Sir, is nothing but lies and baulderdash! And it pleases me to announce that I have no grasp of it what-so-ever!" ~ Baron Munchausen, The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

Offline Twistedstorytella (the 3rd)

« Reply #22 on: September 8, 2005, 08:15:25 AM »
I didnt understand what you were asking that well but i got the gist of it (well i hope anyway) and i like to read the REALLY girly mags mostly just to see the problems page, its intresting to read and it helps me understand hopes, fears and other things about girls that you dont really hear about...
Mr. Freeze: "A jazz dancer comin to a bboy audition, you know, just cuz he could do those continuous backspins, which the commercial public knows as windmills, doesn't mean that he's a bboy, he's just an idiot that learned how to spin on his back."

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2005, 01:55:56 PM »
Not wanting to over sterotype but in my limited experience most of these magazines tend to have two types of articles; how all men are barstards and how to get men....

Cooking and horoscopes aside of course...
Incidently, does anyone find it amazingly comical that people actually believe horoscopes? Not just reading ones in magazines but phoning in to radio for it (BBC Radio Two norally has a session about 4:45). The future for a twelth of the population all at once! Everyone born in may' now is a good time to sell your house...
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline Commissar Warbird

• Back and with a caffine problem
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2005, 05:35:22 AM »
I read my wifes mags when i am drunk or my pain killers are taking effect. I have read them when i was not under the influance of anything and they were boring compared to when i was stoned/drunk. Somtimes it gets on her nerves when i laugh at the sheer stupididty of some of the stuff in there or when i re-write them so they are better.

Offline AnonGone

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2005, 07:37:13 PM »
I remember, according to a girly magazine, my perfect Guy would be from Spain, shame I'm not gay, that could have been usefull.

However I live in hope Nuts or similar will have a "Find you're perfect woman", untill then I'll make do with the pictures/stories of people hurting themselves etc.