News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: worst person you had to play.  (Read 12714 times)

Offline Farseer-Quelrand

• A your'all goofy looking
Re:worst person you had to play.
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2002, 06:21:53 AM »
Short one this time.
This was at my local GW ( sydney). This guy was not a bad bloke in perosn but when i tried to mind war his wolf lord in his wolf guard he said that it wasen't allowed and had to be perswaseded by the staff and all of the spectators. He also contered all of my special rules and when I was play testing my "powered witchblade" ( like a witch blade but ignore armour saves 100 pts max 1 per army) he moaned and groaned. The next guy I played was nice and accepted that I was playtesting a new weaopn. Thats my say.
Thank you and Goodnight!
"Some call the Eldar  decadent. If that is so, then the Imperial Army could do with that sort of decadence."
Last word of Colonel Brin exexuted heretic 463.M38

Offline Salamando

• Jesus H Christ
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2002, 10:39:33 AM »
I've been waiting for a topic like this.

His name is louis and he plays Dark Angels. Ok before I tell you about him lets go back 3 weeks ago to a tournament (that I'm still in)

The mission is clense he sets up first his assault suqad is at the very front lines and sence he gets to go first i set up my garudian def squad 20" away so they won't be in assault the first turn. So he takes his turn and when assault comes along his whole assault squad in engaulfed in my gaurdian def squad and I tell him they were EXACTLY 20" away and he could NOT have assaulted them that turn. Well after about 30 mins of straight arguing I just say let him and he breaks my squad and they got run down (all 20 of them died) And well the whole rest of the game he goes off about EVERYTHING like one modle out of 20 doesn't have LOS or that hill might be difficult terrain. Well needless to say he b*tched about everything and then a few times he didn't even roll the dice he just dropped them.

Well I ended up losing by about 200 Victory pts that's about the cost of my gaurdian squad

At the end of the game he held out his hand and said Good Game I just walked away.

I have to play him again for 3rd place tomorrow. *heavy sigh*
Some people may laugh at you and call you crazy, but when you're pointing a gun at them you decide who's crazy.

Offline General Canderous Fayler

• Iron Fist
  • Iron Fist of Caldonia
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2002, 12:34:30 PM »
There was this one kid at the rouge trader tournement who played a Khorne brezerker army.  Not knowing that you couldnt rapid fire and assualt in the game, my grey hunters didnt get into close combat soon.  But he rapid fired his pistols every turn and assualted.  Is there some thing wrong here?

How ever, there was something good about that tournement.  I played a salamander army that had a troop heavy amry, lots of tactical squads, all with rhinos or razor backs) who played very well.  We had a very close battle that came out as a draw, one of the most spectacular battle i ever played.  But we had to play by this guy that smelled like ass.

Offline angelslayer817

• die die die i kill u
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2002, 05:22:13 PM »
see im kind of new to warhammer 40k i started during about a year ago when i had enuff painted stuff to play like during the summer i was playing a orks player and i had jus finished painted a w/l that took me 3 days and when when it killed awhole squad of his troops he took my w/l and threw it and it broke i was so mad but he is way bigger than me im on 14 and hes like 20 and i was scared to play anybody but my friends for a while
i will break u

Offline Wych King

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2002, 04:02:08 PM »
I got to play a dark eldar player at 2000 gt, who insisted that all of the hills were difficult terrain. Of course his whole army is mounted in skimmers and i am play IG. His Talos also got to move 12", instead of 6". The man who was about 60 forgot all the negative rules on his skimmers and the like. The he had the gall after the game to say that if I gave him a good sportsmanship score that he would give me one. At least he was banned from playing at GT's.

Death_on_demand

« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2002, 12:04:34 AM »

playing against 14 year olds who get so excited when they have a good roll, they forget the rules.

it's even more annoying when 30 year olds do it...

the WORST i ever played has already been posted here i think

Offline High Marshal

• My pledge is eternal service!
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2002, 08:39:52 AM »
Lets see now, the mission wre there are six counters on the tabel. My enemy: Tyranid. Turn one: he finds the counter 6" from his deploymentzone, and hides behind an Orc fort for the rest of the game! (Despite having 2 flying Hive Tyrants, ang 2 Carnifexes)

The most boring 6 turns in my warhammer time!  

Offline Scars

• Warning: He bites
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
    • Progressive Labour Party
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2002, 10:09:59 AM »
another guy i played at a comp:

BA army 2 5 man tacs 3 10 man assult squads and chaplin and a high priest. he argued every rule and made up all sorts of rules. he claimed that rolling for the black rage was if you wanted them not to black rage so he was raging them every turn. He also claimed that people with assult squads could move 24" and assult 12" another good one was that super charged engines- 4D6 instead of 1D6. i gave him all 0s as none of his models were painted, he cheated and lied, he had no theme or background and was possibly one of the worst games i ever played. he came last overall if any of you are interested.
'The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party

Offline Anaris

• Behold my shuriken power!
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2002, 11:22:56 AM »
Hey I'm 14 and I could , "rip you a new one"...

Not on the table I mean in a fight!

Grr... the bloodlust!

Lucky 4 you Im turning 15 very soon.

hahah...aha... nevermind.

Offline Scars

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2002, 10:17:14 PM »
im 13 turning 14. i have been playing 7 years. longer than alot of you. i remember the days before the eldar codex came out and when guadians had lasguns. a bit of inside info- the old guardians came with las guns only. i know a person who worked over at GW when they were being released. the guy DROPPED the mold and it broke into a billion pieces thus they oly came with lasguns. total true! sad but true.
'The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party

Offline Anaris

• Behold my shuriken power!
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2002, 10:21:42 PM »
fighting_scars, whhhaaaatttt have you been smoking? ~!

Offline TheMightyPikachu

• Pi-Ka-Chu!
  • Ancient
  • The Mightiest
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2002, 03:06:35 PM »
they eventually did make shurikat guardian plastics
but the metal figures were much better looking, guardians with head crests and powerswords and such
www.andylc.deviantart.com
did you know I can draw?

hi

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2002, 10:50:48 PM »
BLOOD ANGLES you kill them and they just get back up.

Death_on_demand

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2002, 11:14:25 PM »

im 13 turning 14. i have been playing 7 years. longer than alot of you.

I'm 15 turning 16 and have been playing since i was.... i can't remember when I WASN'T a gamer! let's see... I started watching warhammer games (I had played magic for a year or 2 at this point) at my shop at age 7, and bought my first pack that summer... then moved and lost my Eldar(my first army I'm proud to say) so I switched to SM, moved again w/o losing my stuff and started a 'nid swarm. now I'm starting Harlies(1000+ dollars is TOO MUCH TO SPEND ON 1 ARMY! DO YOU HEAR ME!) read the GW pricing post to understand that...

Offline Scars

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2002, 11:48:44 PM »

fighting_scars, whhhaaaatttt have you been smoking? ~!

dont talk like a bloody wigger. yes 7 years. a very close friend of the family played so i kinda started playing with him wayyyyyyyy back then.
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party

Ender12

« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2002, 11:47:54 AM »
This post was a way to talk about the worst person you had to play, NOT how much you spent on GW or how long you have been with the game. Start your own post for that. Now I must add as luck would have it that one of the worst persons I had to play was a 14 year old going on 15 who has been with the game for 7 years and thought they knew it all. Love Ender 12

Offline Nindalf

• fear me!
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2002, 04:00:55 PM »
Heh I several stories =)

1st.) once I was playing this blood angel dude, (I myself also had a 3.5k blood angel army at the time, so it was BA against BA) anyways he tried to cheat soo much=) each time I killed one of his figures he would place it very close to the edge of the table and slowly they made their entry back into the game, one by one.... He actually thought I didnt notice.. silly person it was =)

2.) there is a really small arrogant "know it all" person down at my local shop, and he gets so angry every time you kill one of his units he flips out flamming you and cursing and swearing and god knows what... Once I fought him with my BA and I was winning he just threw all of my figures of the table including my predator and my land raider. Needless to say they went to pieces

3.) Dark Angels, all dark angel players ive played against wield large amounts of vinidcators and allways a Vindicare assasin, also they allways contest rules and invent some of their own

Bah!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2002, 04:30:33 PM »
When I run into a "BAD" player I try to educate them. If they are bad sports, I quit. I tell them "ok you win, I quit, dont offer to play me again".  I had a guy once try (I say try) to grab some of my models to do them harm, I grabbed his soft spot under his arm and made him let go. Luckily he did.  Being in the military for 20 years now I have recieved a little training in physical violence.  Now when I'm there on a game night the " bullies" behave or leave.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Morrinath

• I have seen the future...and it's egg shaped!
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2002, 05:50:54 PM »
To tell the truth I haven't really played any really bad sports (luckily). In terms of tactics though, I have played some complete idiots. My main opponent is a generally nice guy but strategy wise, he's a complete retard. Examples include, "my Callidus assasin is assaulting your seer council" (with a wraithlord within 4"), "my bog standard IG troops will assault that almost completely upgraded scorpion squad," and even, "my super expensive VDR flyer that takes up about half my army is going to fly right over those two AA upgraded falcons, D*mn! He got shot down!"
“Always forgive your enemies, nothing will annoy them more.” (Oscar Wilde)

“Knowledge consists of knowing that a tomato is a fruit and wisdom consists of not putting it in a fruit salad.” (Miles Kington)

“There is one thing more powerful than all the armies in the world and that is an idea whose time has come” (Anonymous)“

“To fight and win a hundred battles, this is not the acme of skill. But to subdue your enemy without landing a blow, this is the acme of skill.” (Sun Tzu)

Offline Zim

• Who wants to give me a sponge-bath?
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2002, 09:25:46 PM »
Ork player, good friend of mine, actually.  Fielded a Death Kopta (or whatever they are) for a month before we found out it's a speed freak unit, not part of the vanilla Ork codex.  Even worse, he played with a looted Leman Russ for about 9 months before we finally got the Ork Codex away from him long enough to find out he hadn't been using the trippy behavior table for looted vehicles.

Sufficed to say, my BA playing friend was less than happy at the unnecessary slaughter of so many Honor Guard.
I am the surprise in the midget pants!!!