News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1850 - Khorne Daemonkin + Knights - Rate my list  (Read 989 times)

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
1850 - Khorne Daemonkin + Knights - Rate my list
« on: March 31, 2017, 06:43:59 PM »
Please Read Below!

I'm not looking to make changes to the list. Period. That being said your opinion/thoughts on the list are needed as follows.

- Which army of the imperium do you play? or would play vs this list.
- Would you defeat this list on pure brute strength? mission objectives? both?
- Can you win with your most standard list against this? Would you need to tweak your list in order to counter mine?
- What would you find most challenging to deal with in this list, what are you most concerned about?
- Which Imperium list build or units would be of major concern against this list? (i.e. War Convocation, Grav Centurions, etc)
- If you had to list the "Cons" in my list what would they be? (i.e. No Anti-Air, No Anti-Armor, Lack of Mobility, etc etc)

1850 Pts - Codex: Khorne Daemonkin Roster - Khorne Daemonkin - Combined Arms

: Combined Arms Detachment (24#, 980 pts)

1 Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage, 275 pts
   1 Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage, 275 pts

9 Chaos Cultists, 75 pts (Flamer x1)
      1 Cultist Champion
   9 Chaos Cultists, 75 pts (Flamer x1)
      1 Cultist Champion

1 Maulerfiend, 140 pts (2x Lasher Tendrils)
   1 Maulerfiend, 140 pts (2x Lasher Tendrils)

: Forsworn Knight Detachment (2#, 870 pts)
   1 Forsworn Knight Detachment [RKn], 870 pts
      1 Renegade Knight [RKn] (Avenger Gatling Cannon; Avenger Gatling Cannon)
      1 Renegade Knight [RKn] (Avenger Gatling Cannon; Avenger Gatling Cannon)

Total Roster Cost: 1850

My Gameplan:

After several games running Daemonkin mostly speed oriented. For my 8th and final game dedicated to Khorne i want to try going ALL in from a distance and force the opponent to come to me rather than the usual run up the board and wither 1 round of shooting then assaulting turn 2 strategy that sees many of my units killed prematurely.

In this list the maulerfiend and bloodthristers are counter-assault. If 2 knights blasting away with dual avenger gatling cannons isn't enough for the opponent to bring the fight to me then I just don't know what is.

Knights in my back field their rear unassailable cultists in reserves to avoid giving up an easy first blood.
Bloodthristers in reserve swooping in or if facing an assault oriented army they'll deploy turn 1 and wait to counter assault whatever gets too close.
Maulerfiends can be deployed cover launching at anything that approaches midfield or to run and contest objectives. Alternatively they can guard the knight's rear.