News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Arachnids.  (Read 1480 times)

Offline CobraCommander

Arachnids.
« on: July 26, 2008, 07:35:16 AM »
I've spent the last few weeks tinkering with a hormogaunt from time to time, and this is what I've come up with so far.

Mainly my inspiration has come from the StarShip Troopers movies, again, mainly how the bugs move around. I figure at least one hive fleet has tried this idea, so I guess why couldn't it be mine? Right now I'm seriously considering pursuing this at the squad, as in all hormogaunts will be converted to be like this, and in my head, it looks really cool. Or heck, why not take it one step further and do the whole army like this? Centuar-like spider genestealers nimbly scurrying towards the enemy lines to begin the slaughter.

Essentially, I have the whole model complete, the head I just accidentally left out of the picture, but right now I'm still considering adding a few minor details. One of them I'm considering is lengthening the neck to something similar to this:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/lom_gallery/88148.jpg

Using the Hormogaunts original neck as the front crest of one I'd plan to greenstuff. I was also thinking of putting an Alien like back head... Slope thing onto the back of the hormogaunt head, but that may possibly draw to much attention towards that area, and probably would cause some balance issues.

I posted a question here a little while ago on how I should/could attach the hormogaunt to the base, but give it the stability to be handled and moved around, without all the weight and pressure being focused on those tiny pointy legs.

Finally, if anybodies interested in how I put this together, I wouldn't mind putting up a little step by step, so people can at least take an idea or two to put towards their conversion ideas.

COOOOBBBBBRRRRRAAAA AAA!!!!!!!
W/L/D for 5th Edition
Splinter Fleet Aquaticus: 0/0/2 - 2.5k total pts
Iron Warriors: 7/1/2 - 4k total pts
W/L/D for 8th Edition
Beastmen: 0/5/2 - 3k total pts

Offline Lucky_Jackal

• I feel akword
  • "What can I say? It's not my cup of tea."
Re: Arachnids.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 10:13:31 AM »