News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Forge World Dred Arms  (Read 304 times)

Offline Fred_Scuttle

• Good Evening Viewers!!
    • West Point Hobby In Redford Michigan
Forge World Dred Arms
« on: September 14, 2005, 09:53:11 AM »
Good Evening Viewers!!!

I am thinking about getting a few custom Chaos Dred weapon arms from Forge World when I get my Titan.......hehe... .really looking forward to it.  Question on the arms, are the mount holes in the arms sized to generally fit the new plastic SM Dread?  ( I do not like the metal Chaos GW Dred - going to modify a SM one )

Thanks in advance,
Marc
Do you live in the Metro Detroit Area? - Do you play Warhammer, Warhammer 40K and or Lord Of The Rings?

Would you like to get GW Product every single day at 20% off? - Check Out
www.westpointhobby.com

Offline Midnight Walker

• Mad skillz. I has them.
Re: Forge World Dred Arms
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 10:36:24 AM »
I have a Slaanesh forgeworld dread with a FW blastmaster arm and the missile launcher from my friend's loyalist SM dread. No modding required, it all fits perfectly.
Hope that answers your question in a roundabout way :)
Last match: Draw! Dwarfs vs. Vampire Counts

Offline Newtype

• Traitor Marine
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 10:39:09 AM »
They dont fit perfectly, the GW kits have a little bit wider arm studs, but the FW dread arms come with their own shoulder cowling so with a little filling and glueing it wont hardly show, and if you are using magnets to attach the arms it becomes even less of a problem.

Keep in mind that FW makes arms sized to fit the plastic GW kits as well as their own resin kits, but theyre for Imperial dreads rather than chaos so they just wont have any chaos iconography or gilding on them.

Good luck with the conversion!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 10:41:36 AM by Newtype »
"Kill a thousand men and they will hate you. Kill a million men and they will queue to face you. but kill a single man and they will see monsters and devils in every shadow. Kill a dozen men and they will scream and wail in the night, and they shall feel not hatred, but fear."

Offline Fred_Scuttle

• Good Evening Viewers!!
    • West Point Hobby In Redford Michigan
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 10:53:22 AM »
Good Evening Viewers!!!

Thanks for the answers!!  I've got to be all impatient and all and already started modifying the plastic SM dred - just to get a feel for the kit and all.  I'm going to make my second one a bigger mod with FW arms.

Thanks again,
Fred
Do you live in the Metro Detroit Area? - Do you play Warhammer, Warhammer 40K and or Lord Of The Rings?

Would you like to get GW Product every single day at 20% off? - Check Out
www.westpointhobby.com