News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Question about Lost and Damned...  (Read 424 times)

Offline Chaplain C Chew

• The real power has arrived...
Question about Lost and Damned...
« on: September 13, 2005, 10:50:39 AM »
Ok...so I'm reading Codex: EOT and I see the allies which I can use from Codex: CSM...the question is this: If marked units count as Elite then do they also take up the limit for Elites taken as allies? Example: I want 2 squads of TS in my force yet both squads have MOTz...this would make them count as Elites but does it also mean that I can only really take one squad...does the squad take up the 0-1 limit for Elite allies?

-Chew
In a world of torment and despair we have at least one saving grace...pie

Thousand Sons - Son's of Apep

Wins         Loses          Draws
  1              0                3

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Question about Lost and Damned...
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 03:04:13 PM »
Thousand Sons are marked marines, and therefore they count as elites..So I guess they do count on the elite restriction....Unle ss there is a lop-hole I'm not aware of.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline CD

• The Plagued Reaper
  • Ancient
  • :\
Re: Question about Lost and Damned...
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 05:05:35 PM »
No such loophole exists. You don't 'ally' troops and then mark them. You do the whole squad and then ally it. So if you're going to have, for instance, a noisemarine squad, they're marked before they're allies, and so they go into the elites slot. They take up your one elite choice.

Better make that one elite choice worth it. Make them Rhubric Termies or something.