News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: lord and paint trouble  (Read 321 times)

Offline Bond, James Bond

• Shaken, Not Stirred
    • BLOBAH
lord and paint trouble
« on: May 28, 2005, 02:19:18 PM »
How should i arm my lord i want the powerfist but not combi-melta :P

Also i dislike the khorne beserker colour scheme so i was going to do them like the rest of my army, would it look right?
"Is this the stupid mother that tailed you uptown?"
'There seems to be some mistake,my name is...'
"Names is for tombstones,baby!"
-live and let die

"An ex-KGB guy. Tough mother. Got a limp on his right leg. Name's Zukovsky."
'Valentin Dimitrovitch Zukovsky?'
"Yeah, You Know him?"
'I gave him the limp'
-Goldeneye

"The distance between insanity and genius is only measured by success"
-Tommorow never dies

"If i want sarcasm, Mr Tanner, I'll talk to my children."
-Goldeneye

Offline CD

• The Plagued Reaper
  • Ancient
  • :\
Re: lord and paint trouble
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 03:00:09 PM »
Paint Scheme: Do whatever you wish, they could be pink with yellow polka dots if you wished, so long as you made it clear to your opponent what they were in rules terms (Take that, you WYSIWYG fanatics!).

Lord: What army do you use? What role will he fill? How many points do you want him to be? I suggest against the Lord model, first and foremost, since Combi Meltas suck, and Powerfists suck. After I got that model, I used the head and the Powerfist on other models, and left the rest to rot.. it's really not a very good model (bar the head), and I wouldn't suggest using it without heavy conversion.

The traditional things a Lord (in 1000 points or higher) should have:

-At least Strength 5
-Power Weapon of some sort (and pistol OR extra CCW, unless you've got a Manreaper)
-Invulnerable Save

Everything else are just add-ons, such as extra attacks (Mutation, Spiky bits, etc.), extra speed (Daemonic Speed, or Flight if you intend to use your shooting phase for psychic powers and whatnot, etc.), and what-have-you.

Offline Kenaz the Red Returns

• Truth in the eye of the beholder. Behold his eyes.
Re: lord and paint trouble
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 04:16:53 PM »
 I like using Chaos Hordes Min from the WHF set. Use lord or champions, Chaos Warriors. Add a back pack some hi-tech stuff, demon armor (to explain why it doesn't look like power armor) and a pistol and you got a killer looking HQ. The sheild can be used as an Icon so no wasted material.
 CD right in that alot of the add-on's can not be repersented (IE demon strenght, Psi). so no need to get wrapped around what they have. A cool looking CCW can he a power weapon one day and a demon weapon the next.