News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: DIY Khorne/Undivided  (Read 322 times)

Offline Lord Bill

DIY Khorne/Undivided
« on: May 14, 2005, 04:04:07 AM »
I play a small WE army (about 1000pts) and I have often been torn apart by heavy weapons and plasma before I could get close enough to get into CC.

I made a little DIY set of rules and was wondering if anyone has any constructive criticism and if you would play against it.

Cheers

Butchers of Khorne

It is not compulsorily to have a mark of Khorne, but no other marks can be chosen other than the mark of undivided.
No havocs.
No raptors.
No daemons other than Bloodthirster and Bloodletters
No Land Raiders.
No Dreadnaughts.
Can use Undivided Tactical squads as Elites squads.
Can use obliterators.
Cannot use Fast attack, but may have extra slots in all other places (other than HQ)
Still have 'favoured unit' rule (+1 summoning, Free Asp Champ)

Basically world eaters with Heavy Support and Fast attack restrictions, but able to get Tactical Squads (for Hvy Wpns) and Oblitorators
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 07:10:42 AM by Lord Bill »

Offline Sensoth

Re: DIY Khorne/Undivided
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 12:42:20 PM »
i wouldnt mind playing it, if for nothing else than to see if its unfair, but you forgot one deamon choice, the flesh hounds, but you did restrict fast attack, i think it would be acceptable to take the flesh hounds as fast attack choices.  so for the oginization chart i think it wuold be better to change it to this

1-2 HQ
2-8 Troop
0-4 Elite
0-1 Fast Attack
0-1 Heavy Support

that could posably be a better oginization than just added one to all others, becuase i dont think you should have that many Heavy Supports in that kind of army, and it will give you the ablility to take some Flesh Hounds as a slightly faster unit to maybe get ahaed and charge into some annoying units, tell me what ya think.

Travis

PS this is subject to the fact that i dont own the Chaos Codex myself and i dont remember if the Flesh hounds are even a choice for you, but i think they are, if not just take away the 0-1 Fast Attack choice.

Offline Lord Bill

Re: DIY Khorne/Undivided
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 04:32:34 AM »
The reason i said no FA is because Khorne can't use raptors and I think bikes and Flesh Hounds cost a bit to much (in $$ and Pts)
I would still use up to 3 Hvy support because, as I said earlier, I need all the fire support I can get!  ;D

P.S. I told a friend about this idea and he just said that I should just use an allied force. I thought this was a good idea so I'll look into it. I still think a themed army (like this) would be cool though, so I'm not dropping the idea entirely (haven't even read about allied forces yet!!)

Keep the comments coming!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2005, 01:24:23 AM by Lord Bill »