News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Who Needs the Mark?  (Read 324 times)

Offline UvulaBob

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Who Needs the Mark?
« on: March 21, 2005, 09:11:48 PM »
The Codex says that as long as the army is led by a model with the Mark of <God> then <Marine Unit With Said Mark> is a troop choice. Does that mean if my Blood Thirster is my General, then my Berzerkers are Troops?

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Who Needs the Mark?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 09:14:40 PM »
If the person possesed by him has the mark of korne then you have beserkers as troops. greater demons do not have marks thie people they possess do.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline UvulaBob

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 10:14:40 PM »
Just so I know, since this really affects my army - where does it say that?

Offline Newtype

• Traitor Marine
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 11:41:44 PM »
Greater Daemons are not "marked" units, same thing with Daemon packs or daemonic beasts.

What you do is designate a single aspiring champion to be the daemon host for the Bloodthirster, he has no bearing whatsoever on which units count as troops, that is what your chaos lord or lieutenants mark is for, if you arent using a lord or lieutenant then you use the mark of chaos worn by the daemonhost, which in the case of the Bloodthirster, can be Khornate or Undivided.
"Kill a thousand men and they will hate you. Kill a million men and they will queue to face you. but kill a single man and they will see monsters and devils in every shadow. Kill a dozen men and they will scream and wail in the night, and they shall feel not hatred, but fear."