News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: [2000] Heretic Astartes - World Eaters  (Read 1598 times)

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
[2000] Heretic Astartes - World Eaters
« on: October 8, 2017, 02:15:10 PM »
+++ 104 - Chaos Space Marines - World Eaters (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [104 PL, 1999pts] +++

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) ++
+ HQ +

Daemon Prince with Wings: Daemonic axe, Khorne, Talisman of Burning Blood

+ Elites +

Helbrute: Helbrute fist, Mark of Khorne, Multi-melta

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) ++
+ HQ +

Dark Apostle: Bolt pistol, Mark of Khorne, Power maul

Exalted Champion: Bolt pistol, Mark of Khorne, Power maul

Exalted Champion: Bolt pistol, Mark of Khorne, Power maul

+ Troops +

Khorne Berzerkers: Icon of Wrath
Berzerker Champion: Bolt pistol, Power fist
3x Chainaxe and bolt pistol: 3x Chainaxe
3x Chainsword and bolt pistol

4x Chainaxe and bolt pistol: 4x Chainaxe
4x Chainsword and bolt pistol

4x Chainaxe and bolt pistol: 4x Chainaxe
4x Chainsword and bolt pistol

+ Fast Attack +

Raptors: Icon of Wrath, Mark of Khorne
7x Raptor
Raptor Champion: Bolt pistol, Chainsword
Raptor w/ special weapon: Meltagun

Raptors: Icon of Wrath, Mark of Khorne
7x Raptor
Raptor Champion: Bolt pistol, Chainsword

+ Dedicated Transport +

Chaos Rhino: Combi-bolter, Combi-melta, Mark of Khorne

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: [2000] Heretic Astartes - World Eaters
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 06:28:11 PM »
This was a hell of a battle vs Ultramarines it was really one of the best games i've had.

We played The Scouring with the 4 pointer near the middle of the table and the 1 pointer on my side. Ultramarines had first turn and with Guilliman's rerolls they laid a royal smack down and got first blood off me. Things looked grim. On my turn I moved up, took the 4 pointer and dropped in my raptors getting 1 of the charges off vs hell blasters. The fight did not end well for me however didn't kill them. Used smoke launchers on the rhinos.

The hellblasters fell back and I got shot to pieces on turn 2 by their allies, then after wiping clean all my units within charge distance the ultramarines started shooting at my helbrutes finished them off and then my rhinos...sadly the Hellblasters apparently forgot that they fell back and I had used smoke launchers and thus took a -2 modifier to hit on overcharged plasma....4 hellblasters go down the drain quick! Only do 2 wounds on my rhino.

All my berserkers disembark and get right in the enemy's face, the daemon prince hoped right over to where the raptors got butchered. With little to no shooting whatsoever left in my army I felt all was lost but might aswell play it out and see what the berserkers can do...and oh boy did they ever deliver.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!! Holy crap I exterminated unit after unit after unit with the Khorne Berserkers and the Daemon Prince multi assaulted 3 units and finished off 3. This was a huge swing in the game in my favor from which the Ultramarines fought hard to come back.

Turn 4 Guilliman assaulted a fresh unit of Berserkers and totally wiped them out clean in one fell swoop all of them gone! Then I assaulted him with the Daemon Prince because hey...SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!! This was an epic showdown by the time the Prince assaulted guilliman he had both the Dark Apostle AND Exalted Champion within 6" what ensued was a whole lot of re-rolls of everything. Everything wounded and guilliman failed several of his saves....SPLAT. Khorne was pleased.

Guilliman then failed to get back up and my opponent conceded. My rhinos still mobile enough to go claim objectives and what little berserkers i had left went to claim objectives and zone out the Ultramarines. 

It was a great game. Ended 9-3 World Eaters!