News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: How I run my Harlequins using Codex: DE  (Read 2028 times)

Offline master of asgard

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
How I run my Harlequins using Codex: DE
« on: September 19, 2012, 09:02:51 AM »
Hi,

This is just my thoughts on how to run a Harlequin army, using Codex: DE. I've seen a lot of people giving their thoughts on using Codex: Eldar and DE but I think mostly they make the mistake of not thinking outside the box enough. One of the best things about the Harlequins, IMO is all the things we don't know about them, which gives modellers and gamers a huge scope for invention.

I will write out some fluff with the "Harlequin name", and the entry in C: DE, and later I'll include some images of how I've imagined these units.

First up, special rules:

Power from pain -> The Jester's dance
Constantly performing, as the battle goes on the Harlequins become faster and more deadly as they become more immersed in their dance.

Combat drugs -> Masters of movement
Before each engagement the Harlequins may choose to gift their enemies with a special performance. Each one is different, and results in different types of movement, either faster, more violent, or making use of their holofields.

Now for the HQs. Here's where you can really let your imagination run wild.

Lelith Hesperax/ Archon -> Solitaire
Little is known about the Solitaire, but this creature is deadly in close combat. Few can match him.

Archon/ Succubus -> Troupe master
The leader of the whole Troupe, this Harlequin is as deadly as he is graceful.

Haemonculus -> Shadowseer
Shadowseers are equipped with bizarre weaponry from the oldest Eldar armouries, and also wield devestating psychic powers. For the uninitiated, it can be difficult to tell the difference between technology and sorcery.

Haemonculus Ancient with Hexrifle -> Elder Death Jester
This individual has been playing the role of the Death Jester for many centuries. He is deadly from afar.

Elites

Kabalite Trueborn -> Death Jesters
These Eldar are armed with Dark Lances, Heat lances and other devastating ranged weapons.

Incubi -> Gatekeepers of the Black Library
These individuals have taken strict, almost monastic vows in defence of the Black Library. They guard the Black Library's entrance, but on rare occasions a group will lead a preemptive strike on some individual whos future actions could result in disaster for the Eldar. Woe betide any who stand in their way.

Troops

Wyches -> Harlequins

Kabalite warriors -> Wardens of the Crossroads
These members of the Troupe have been fated to guard the myriad webway paths which approach the Black Library. The Library has many lines of defence, but these are the first Living Eldar one will encounter when trying to gain entry. Some go on to become Gatekeepers, and like the Gatekeepers, units of Wardens will often accompany Harlequin missions to provide fire support.

Fast attack

Reavers -> Harlequin jetbikes
What is dangerous in the hands of normal Eldar is devestating in the hands of the Harlequins.

Hellions -> Harlequin skyboard riders
Drawing on technology from all corners of the Eldar species, these Harlequins ride skyboards into battle to harry their foes.

Heavy Support

Talos -> Sentinel of the Portal (Use Wraithlord or Epic Titan model)
The Laughing God will occasionally release an Eldar spirit to be placed in a Wraith construct to fight beside the other defenders of the Black Library.

Talos/ Chronos -> Manifestation of Cegorach (use C'Tan Deceiver model)
When a Solitaire is killed, his life is forfeit to She Who Thirsts, but the Laughing God can intervene. On the rare occasion that Cegorach bests Slaanesh, the Solitaire's body and soul become a living vessel for the Laughing God, that he may visit his vengance and scorn upon the material world in person, and inspire his followers to even greater heights in their performances and battles.