News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Show Your Dark Eldar (Pictures)  (Read 206321 times)

Offline gbarrelhouse

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Show Your Dark Eldar (Pictures)
« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2010, 03:43:03 AM »
Just completed part of the Dracons' bodygaurd.  Lowly warriors who have to match her loud snake armor color!  Thought the bodygaurd should look different from standard warriors, so you see the guys normally on a raider (Vects' raider?) that I got as a 'throw-in' at a swap meet converted to stand out.

Offline Khain Mor (/kharandhil)

• <3 huskblades
    • Dark Moon Kabal
« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2010, 11:00:22 AM »
Just wondering, did you get the idea of using bra-less wyches by yourself or were you inspired by my wyches?

btw tryanotherone, his posters are still pretty ok, compared to what I have XD
in fact, I don't even dare to hang them on any wall.

well, a little of both, at 1st i wanted topless wyches, but could not figure out how to do it and make it look good, but yourse showd me the way to do it, now if only i can get the Dark Elf wyches to be topless... :P

I have some more topless wyches, just havn't had the time or will to paint them. I want some topless dark elf witches as well, but I kind of like their cloth bra lol. The same could be done as for wyches, just remove the cloth and somewhat keep the form of the breasts. Metal sculpting is the worst type of sculpting lol. I had to resculpt another wych, just for a conversion, it was a very small sculpting job, yet when I looked at the time I found out 2 hours had passed by like nothing.

PS: you're crazy gbarrelhouse, I can't imagine how long it will take to paint a full 2500 pts list like you're doing it.
The Dark Moon Kabal ,possibly the biggest DE army ever!
over 20k and awesome, what more do you need to click? (last updated the 02/03/2012)

Nothing better than killing a thousand slaves to wake up in the morning.

Offline gbarrelhouse

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2010, 07:55:56 PM »
Kharandil- If I didn't have to paint a bunch of role-playing minis all the time I may have actually had my 2000 points painted by now!  I think I'm taking my time because I want to have a good mix of new and old models.  For instance of my eight raiders, I'll buy four now, and four when the new ones come out.  I was dissapointed to find out where you live because it means most of us Americans won't have a chance to see that massive beautifully painted and converted Apocalipse force in action...
  Some Incubi.  A struggle to make them look 'evil' instead of just silly...

Offline blang86

• Woo!
    • Kabal of the Sixth Circle
« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2010, 12:27:40 AM »
Hi all,

This is my first time posting but I wanted to show my Dark Eldar army off.  I started last month with a battleforce.  I just have the jetbikes left to paint.  Here's my raider squad.  I created an agoniser for my Sybarite from the hands of Flayed Ones.  They're the Kabal of the Sixth Circle, somewhat Slaneesh based.  They wear his colors to mock him or something.  I just love pink and black.

I tried to keep the scheme simple.  Hope you like!  I try to post progress regularly on my blog if anybody is interested  ;D

http://sixth-circle.blogspot.com

-blang
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 12:28:42 AM by blang86 »
Kabal of the Sixth Circle - Dark Eldar Project Log

Offline Hadriel Caine

• it's Grimdark up North.
    • Jericho Studios
« Reply #104 on: May 6, 2010, 03:44:48 PM »
Managed to get 5 warriors painted in an hour today:

I'm hoping to get the last 5 done soon and finish my jetbikes next week before doing a proper whole army shot!

Adam

Offline blang86

• Woo!
« Reply #105 on: May 9, 2010, 12:17:42 PM »
Hello again,

I just wanted to include a few pictures of my new units.  I have another squad of warriors and five reaver jetbikes.  Next up, a new Ravager - then I start another whole battleforce. 

• <3 huskblades
    • Dark Moon Kabal
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2010, 03:45:07 PM »
lol I really like your army, the warrors the most, I don't think it was the point to do the same thing I do on mine, but I also kinda randomly paint armor parts purple and leave some parts just in black. Reavers look good, but they won't be that effective in battle :p
over 20k and awesome, what more do you need to click? (last updated the 02/03/2012)

Offline blang86

• Woo!
« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2010, 08:31:20 PM »
Haha, thank you.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them either.  I just know that I can get a Battleforce for $75 - $85 new and 20 warriors plus a raider new is close to $70 so why not spend the extra money for some jetbikes  ;D

I have two Battleforces, maybe I'll buy a third but after that I don't know what I'd do with anymore warriors.  I put the base layer on my Ravager and gave it a wash.  Hope to finish it this weekend!  Also, working with someone to make a custom Archon since the GW one kinda stinks.

• <3 huskblades
    • Dark Moon Kabal
« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2010, 09:50:28 AM »
I think the drahzar model is the best base for a good archon, just look at this Wych lord I made:

Battleforces are indeed the reason why I also have 40 reavers, but I do use them in apoc, very rarely though. In most cases I only use 1 or 2 squads, or sometimes even no reavers at all.

Offline Ferf

• Dark Eldar is fun
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2010, 10:37:30 AM »
Figured I should give some pictures of my dark eldar.  This is my converted dark elf king on a jet bike pretending he is a reaver with part of a splinter pistol glued to his helm for a tormenter helm :P

My incubi. Also known as the inkies :P

My wyches

My warriors

Hope you like them.  My skill lacks lots compared to most of you guys on here especially with the conversions.  But try to enjoy them anyways ;)

Offline blang86

• Woo!
« Reply #110 on: May 25, 2010, 09:22:32 PM »
I finally got one of my Ravagers painted.  As you can see, I took the board's advice about specializing your Ravagers.  Here is my tri-lance.  The next two Ravagers will be tri-dissie.

More pics on the blog. 

http://sixth-circle.blogspot.com/

Next, 20 more warriors.  I'm getting excited about the new models I'm hearing about.  I can't wait to paint some new Mandrakes if the rumors posted were true!

Offline Host of the Tumultuous Storm

• My name + Host of the Tumultous Storm(Night Lords)
    • Team Snake Eyes
« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2010, 04:30:43 PM »
Ok i know i havent been on in months but i took a break, got back in a few weeks ago, here's what iv done since then.  Some light conversion work, and a great looking accident  :o

First, my Reaver character, he switches between lord and succubus a lot.. and i cant seem to find his punisher atm, he HAD a normal incubi punisher...

My Lord that i use more often than that converted farseer now.  I call the shield his Night Shield, and its quite obvious he has a punisher =P only problem is counting him as having a tormentor helm.. maybe i put one at his feet and say he took it off

My Incubi Master / additional lord, when i need him do be something.  I have kinda bad lighting, and he has dark colors, so i took one with flash and one without.

Now, i did this COMPLETELY on accident. My dad had gotten metallic spraypaint and i wanted to try it out on my ravager, so i taped all the gunners /mechanisms, and every other raised part of the armor, and this was what i got. Imagine my surprise when I peeled the tape off!

And yes, it IS still a work in progress =P

Offline Skari

• "I will enjoy drinking out of your skull"
« Reply #112 on: May 30, 2010, 09:12:55 AM »
My DE ready for war:

Monoliths lurk in the background:

More to come. Cheers!

Offline Robin de Tolens

• Commorragh's Hair Stylist
  • Behold, lessser races, for you face your Doom now!
« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2010, 12:43:12 PM »
I eventually have my new phone, so here are some photos of the few warriors that I have painted yet =) Please comment, I need to find something to push me to paint more ^_^ The photos are more or less blurry, sorry about that, in addition to painting experience I need photoshooting experience ^^ And a better spot >_>"
Each one takes me several hours lol, so until I find a new way to paint them it will go slowly :D

Grouped shot. The one back left is unfinished (he doesn't even have hair!), the one back right has lost an arm (next time don't pass your hand outside of the raider, dumbass :P).
[smg id=3767]

Female Warrior front. I clearly need to train on painting flesh.
[smg id=3768]

Female Warrior back (this one is blurry).
[smg id=3769]

Ponytail Warrior front. Hate that badly moulded head... By chance it's not visible on a gaming table =]
[smg id=3770]

Ponytail Warrior 3/4 back.
[smg id=3771]

Proud Warrior front.
[smg id=3772]

Proud Warrior 3/4 back. (At last one almost not blurry ^^)
[smg id=3773]

That's it for now. I'll update this week-end with better lighted and better focused pics, but please tell me what you think :)
Rapid Fire - You don't need to be a better shot, you just need to fire more splinters!

Slaves? No... your women, your elder, your sons will be slaves! But you... by midnight this day, you will be raped men. - Blooded Rose motto

Kabal of the Blooded Rose (W/D/L) : 2/0/0
Latest slaves : 1 Chaos Terminator & 1 Havoc

Kabal of the Blooded Rose's stories

Offline Hekkastor

• Ork Boy | KoN Veteran
  • It's 40k. Everyone dies.
« Reply #114 on: June 14, 2010, 01:07:56 PM »
Firstly, to all the people who've posted picks, really nice work.
As for Robin de Tolens, your guys look really cool. As for taking hours on making them, don't worry about it too much. If the method works, and you keep using it, you'll get better and faster. My only suggestion is to try and put a bit of blood on the bayonets and blades. You don't have to, but I think it'll look cool.

Offline Shayen

• "Give me a new Toy , this one is Broken"
« Reply #115 on: June 14, 2010, 04:39:13 PM »
Here is my army ;)

Offline Severin_drax

• Evil keeps me young
« Reply #116 on: June 17, 2010, 09:24:03 PM »
my first post here, be gentle!

WIP of my bodyguard unit

[smg id=3778]

Offline blang86

• Woo!
« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2010, 06:06:35 PM »
I changed up how I paint the pink on my models - now I wash it with Baal Red before the final highlights.  What do you guys think?  The first model is the new look and the second is the old. 

I feel the new look definitely brings out more definition.  It is also a hell of a lot easier to get an even look.  I might glaze the model with Tentacle Pink to soften the colors but I'm not totally sure of the effect.

Anyways, I'd love to hear what you think.  Also, is the color difference too noticeable?  I hope not because I'm not going back to paint all those Warriors  :'(

Here's an overview of all my Warriors:

-blang

Offline Khira'lyth

• Archon
  • I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
« Reply #118 on: June 29, 2010, 04:44:33 AM »
@ Blang86

I really like the new shading... definitely brings out the detail, especially on the weapons (one of the few places we have detail worth bringing out).

I'd have to admit it is a rather noticeable difference (at least on this model shown)... but it's still plenty coherent and would show a difference between warriors on foot and warriors in Raiders (or something similar) well.

Or if you get fed up and want to redo the rest (it'd probably happen to me... ha) at least it's some quick inking and then some highlights, and not a full repaint.  So that's a plus?

Either way, they look great.

Khira'lyth

Offline Robin de Tolens

• Commorragh's Hair Stylist
  • Behold, lessser races, for you face your Doom now!
« Reply #119 on: June 29, 2010, 05:18:10 AM »
@ Blang86

Indeed, that shading looks really nice. If I try inks someday I might test this one =)

As for the difference between warriors, I'd say it's because some have armours that have been made more recently, and that the scheme used in the factory is not the same ^^ Teheh, I already use it to justify the fact that I don't always do the mix of Warlock & Skull quite the same :P (Though that's justifiable fluffily as my Kabal is quite small so painting may be done by the warriors themselves).
The difference is very visible form what I can judge, seeing the picture but I don't think that is much of an issue.
Rapid Fire - You don't need to be a better shot, you just need to fire more splinters!

Slaves? No... your women, your elder, your sons will be slaves! But you... by midnight this day, you will be raped men. - Blooded Rose motto

Kabal of the Blooded Rose (W/D/L) : 2/0/0
Latest slaves : 1 Chaos Terminator & 1 Havoc

Kabal of the Blooded Rose's stories