News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Proxying battle conclaves-suggestions?  (Read 3481 times)

Offline ersatzkommando

• Back from the warp
  • Armies: Sisters of Battle (primary) Dabbling in CSM
Proxying battle conclaves-suggestions?
« on: February 25, 2014, 05:53:08 AM »
Hi,
I got the new digital codex for Adeptas Sororitas and wish there was more new stuff but I will make do with what I have been offered. In the old witch hunter codex I ran pure sisters force.
Now I want to add priests and battle conclaves to mix up and get some close combat potential but I would like the freedom of multipart models.

I saw Halollets idea of using whfb high elves to proxy assassins and crusaders. Wyches have been suggested as assassins and I like that idea. For Arcos I was thinking about using Empire flagellants, they don't have hoods or cybernetics but they look crazy and have flails. What do you think?

Wyches for assassins
Halollets idea of High elf shadow warriors as crusaders. (I was considering chaos warriors but those chaos symbols on the shields are not cool for crudaders..
Empire flagellants for arco-flagellants.

Other ideas?

Offline LoH

• MODEL ALL THE PAINTS!
    • SIUC Strategic Games Society
  • Armies: IG,SW,SoB,Chaos Cultist,ImpFist 5C,INQ
Re: Proxying battle conclaves-suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 11:15:32 PM »
I have a conversion from Dark Elf bits and some custom heads for my Crusaders, and Wyches for DCAs.

I have the DCAs painted, but apparently no photos online atm >.>;
PAINT ALL THE MODELS!

Offline ersatzkommando

• Back from the warp
  • Armies: Sisters of Battle (primary) Dabbling in CSM
« Reply #2 on: March 1, 2014, 08:22:11 PM »
Thanks, nice conversions too.
Do you need alot of miniatures to put them together?

Offline starstrider

• Ork Boy
  • Armies: Sisters of Battle, Order of the Sacred Rose
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 07:29:27 PM »
This is getting a bit old now I guess... I did see someone mix up some high elf models with 40k models to good effect though, although I can't find the link anymore. I think he used mostly the avelorn maidenguard with respect to fantasy. Maybe a little bit of other stuff. I don't recall exactly what was used from 40k, but crusaders etc wouldn't surprise me. The idea was to keep it a female-themed thing, and to have flowing robes as might befit priestly-ish people, while still having solid weaponry and armor.

Offline LoH

• MODEL ALL THE PAINTS!
    • SIUC Strategic Games Society
  • Armies: IG,SW,SoB,Chaos Cultist,ImpFist 5C,INQ
« Reply #4 on: April 4, 2014, 01:45:35 AM »
Thanks, nice conversions too.
Do you need alot of miniatures to put them together?

The Crusader models were composed of:

Dark Elf Infantry body & Legs & Arms

I cut the blade off of the glaive and replaced it with an axehead that came out of the Dark Elf dreadlord kit on a black dragon (I made resin copies of that particular piece because forget trying to source 5 of those!)

The heads had come from MeowMeow Minis, and they closed. You'd just have to sub in whatever heads you think look good.

The shields were off one of the high elf infantry kits, glued straight onto the hand. I GS'd up a crappy fleur.

My DCAs came from the following kits:

Dark Elf Wyches -- the legs/torsos and most of the arms came from this kit.  Heads were (again) MeowMeow Minis.

Because there was a shortage of decent bladed weapons in the Wych kit, I ended up splicing some of the suitable glaives from the dark elf infantry kit onto the pistol grips from the Wyches. A couple got swords from the Dark Elf kit.

One of the reasons I used Dark Elves (From fantasy) as the base of most of these conversions is that I particularly wanted female Crusaders/DCAs for my sororitas. Dark Elves are like the one Fantasy army that has rank-and-file women models. I also had a Dark Elf battalion box lying around from when I was trying to get my wife to actually start an army (she just paints the big models).

Fun fact: Battle Conclaves don't have Shield of Faith (so no improved deny the witch).

I wouldn't bother too much with arco-flagellants. If you must have them, just go find the old metal models. They're good looking and durable enough (too many spindly bits for finecast).

I've seen several conversions from Repentia->Priest w/Eviscerator. Heck, I use the model without any real conversions myself. It probably wouldn't be too difficult to model robes onto the model if you wanted them to look less stripperrific.
PAINT ALL THE MODELS!

Offline Halollet

• My halo grew a mullet...
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Guard, Sisters, Tau, & Tyranids
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 08:54:48 PM »
I was planning to use these

Sisters of Avelorn | Games Workshop Webstore

Use the helms with 2 swords for the assassins, and then the heads with hair for the crusaders.
One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside of his experience as being impossible.