News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: running a campaign need help!  (Read 390 times)

Offline Gornak

running a campaign need help!
« on: May 24, 2009, 06:32:54 PM »
Hi, all first time trying to organise a campaign. I want to use the new Planet strike but I'll have to wait till july but thats fine gives me time to set up. I was thinking of having it set up as two sides good vs bad etc... with the good players and bad players choosing a team captain. 

The games will be running at 500-1500 pts each non major game giving a point towards your teams total score ( limit 1 game per person per week i.e. not playing the same opponent every game and just stacking your points). For major battles each captain will be given 3 random mission objectives other than the main objectives.

Example missions

Main Objs:
Defender:  defend the palace, evacuate supplies/civillians/soldiers, route the enemy.
Attacker: take the spaceport, destroy/capture the palace, route the defenders
Mission Objs:
Defender: The Emperor is with us! Sacred relics, No mercy for the coward.
Attackers: Shootas R fer Shootin!, defiling relics, Spread the terror!

The Emperor is with us!: The Chaplains/Commissars have been fueling the fire within the Imperial troops turning them into mindless zealots! The Imperial players gain 1 extra point for each combat that they win where they charged first.
Sacred Relics: with the siege commencing the PDF's were unable to safely secure the relics of the Martry Saint Lucian, without any defenders the relics will be defiled by the enemy if such a thing were happen will scorn your military records! For each relic you hold at the end of the game you will be awarded 2 points towards the your total score.
No mercy for the coward!: (this is getting wordy going to be short here) For every non fleeing unit at the end of the game you get .5 points (infantry only)
Shootas R' fer shootin!: For every unit you totally wipe out in the shooting phase you gain 1 point
Defiling the relics: for every relic you hold at the end of the game you gain 2 points
Spread the terror!: for every unit you cause to flee you gain .5 points

I want this to last a couple of weeks, having every player play a couple of normal games during the week and all of them getting together for 1 major game at the end of the week. Team Captains may issue the mission objectives to the other players or complete them themselves. Major battles will give 10 pts +mission objs. First team to reach 100pts wins. Please give me your suggestions on either if I should shorten it or whatever.

Offline Bert_the_Turtle

• Major
  • Rule #1: Pillage THEN burn.
Re: running a campaign need help!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 09:15:43 PM »
What's the team Captain supposed to do exactly?

Depending on the answer to that, there are some ways you might make it more "fair" by passing the leadership hat around.

"You know the other team is f'd when we're using military hand signals to communicate  :P" -My Buddy Himitsu

Offline Gornak

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 10:11:58 PM »
yea im thinking of just dropping the idea altogether to make things go more smoother i just thought i would throw that in and see what yall thought about it. I was gonna have the captains give out missions either before or during a major battle.

Offline Bert_the_Turtle

• Major
  • Rule #1: Pillage THEN burn.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 10:13:49 PM »
I was going to say, you could give people different areas of command. Player X is in charge of Amphibious Landings. Player Y is in charge of Cities. Player Z is in charge of Mountains. Etc.

"You know the other team is f'd when we're using military hand signals to communicate  :P" -My Buddy Himitsu