News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Justifying the wraith knight  (Read 5234 times)

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
  • Armies: Tyranids, Lamenters (BA), Eldar (Iyanden), 1k Sons
Re: Justifying the wraith knight
« Reply #20 on: May 3, 2016, 09:27:40 AM »
also, there's some kind of formation for marines, in which you build up to a battle company, and get all your dedicated transports for free. That might be something for you to look into, because 385 points extra on models is quite powerful, or so I've been told. And you stick to your old play style too!
check out my Iyanden painting blog.

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Re: Justifying the wraith knight
« Reply #21 on: May 4, 2016, 07:26:48 AM »
Also set up games with your buds, without LoW. Most of the time I play with my Wraithknight (heck almost every game since 6th dropped), yet the past 6 games I've left him at home and its been great fun! People ask me all the time, bring this, don't bring that and its really no worries.

A whole bunch of the guys at my store like to play no LoW, no Formations which is totally fine. I love unrestricted play against opponents who are up for the challenge, but when their model collection doesn't allow them to compete in those types of games, or they just don't want to play that way its seriously no big deal.

Like I said initially the Wraithknight is not abig deal at all in competitive games. Yet for people who are unprepared for him or not used to playing in such games he can be a nightmare. Seriously just ask your gaming buds to play a toned down game, they might even find they like it.
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/