News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2012 40KOnline UK Tournament!!!  (Read 96790 times)

Offline Killing Time

• Infinity Circuit | I put out on the first date | Tarrin's Sullied Cunning Stunt Double
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita
Re: 2012 40KOnline UK Tournament!!!
« Reply #40 on: March 8, 2012, 10:57:42 AM »
Having done a little forward planning I'd like to say that my preferred date is now also the 19th.
I could possibly squeeze in the others but that's definitely the best one.

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
« Reply #41 on: March 8, 2012, 12:14:35 PM »
It's looking like the 19th will be a likely date... I just need g00gle5 to confirm some final bits with me (after all, we will need him to carry out his hap-hazard organisation on the day!)

I'll post the secured and finalised date as soon as I have it.

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
« Reply #42 on: March 8, 2012, 12:36:03 PM »
It's looking like the 19th will be a likely date... I just need g00gle5 to confirm some final bits with me (after all, we will need him to carry out his hap-hazard organisation on the day!)

I'll post the secured and finalised date as soon as I have it.

Hope that it is soon cause my boss is pushing for my summer holiday application.

PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline popsical

• BANNED: Now I can't pretend to ragequit
  • Mass debating: a filthy group affair!
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2012, 02:30:01 PM »
Its gone rather quiet on this thread, do we have a date now?
Ive got holidays to book from work, and dates to tell the wife which i am or am not available.
Sorry to hassle but its becoming more urgent as the weeks slip by.
These are my thoughts and opinions.
I am no more right or wrong than you or any other.
I reserve the right to agree/disagree with anything i please, as do you.
Forums are an arena to exchange ideas, not brow beat and shout down others.
Miss-interpretation of posts is common.

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2012, 03:24:07 PM »
Okay, I'm just awaiting confirmation from THW... if it is approved then the date will be Sunday the 19th August.

It's a pretty safe bet it'll be okay, but as said though - I need final confirmation from them before I'll post the set date in the first post.

EDIT: updated first post with confirmed date and price.

book your time off now!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 12:14:31 PM by O:nk »

Offline popsical

« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2012, 02:46:32 PM »
When and who do we start paying?
Very quiet on the thread this year.

Offline Shas'Oink

• Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2012, 04:54:27 PM »
Payments will be made directly to THW once its all been finalised. I'm waiting on Chris who has been working on some stuff he seem very excited about. I'll need to adjust the tournament pack based on what he's coming up with. Unfortunately we're both quite busy so there's not a great amount of other time to keep you updated.

Nevertheless, you'll be told as soon as tickets are ready to go on sale.

Offline Plastikente

• Back Online!
  • Armies: Craftworld Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tau
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2012, 02:21:36 PM »
I would like to register my interest, although we'll have to see how money is looking when it's time to pay up - we just bought a house, and it's swallowing all of my hobby cash for the time being.

Being a tournament newbie, I have a few (possibly stupid) questions:

1) Do armies have to be painted?
2) I take it that we bring one list and play all games with that - no chopping and changing miniatures (or even armies!) between games?
3) Do we have to declare which forces we're going to bring in advance?  My preference would be to bring my Tau (current hobby obsession) if I have the time / money to build them up to 1750 pts before August.  Otherwise it will be Eldar / DE and I would be inclined to bring along whichever is least represented, if it's known in advance.
4) Do we have to declare our lists in advance / on the day?

Hmmm... can't think of anything else right now.

Offline Killing Time

• Infinity Circuit | I put out on the first date | Tarrin's Sullied Cunning Stunt Double
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2012, 04:10:04 PM »
Hi there. :)
FYI, a lot of these questions are answered in amongst all the blurb in the first post...

1) Do armies have to be painted?

No, but there will be extra tournament points available for the amount of painting giving people an incentive to play with fully painted armies.

2) I take it that we bring one list and play all games with that - no chopping and changing miniatures (or even armies!) between games?

One list to rule them all.

3) Do we have to declare which forces we're going to bring in advance?  My preference would be to bring my Tau (current hobby obsession) if I have the time / money to build them up to 1750 pts before August.  Otherwise it will be Eldar / DE and I would be inclined to bring along whichever is least represented, if it's known in advance.

This tournamant tends to be pretty relaxed about declaring lists in advance.
Just bring the army and the list on the day and it will be checked for legality over the course of the event by one of the organisers (probably g00gle5, probably under the influence of a hangover...)

4) Do we have to declare our lists in advance / on the day?

As above.

Hope you can make it.
It's always good to see new faces at the event.

Offline Shas'Oink

• Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2012, 05:02:27 PM »
Good to have you aboard!

I think Killing Time got all the questions answered... but on the note of armies, what are people thinking of bringing along with them??

I'm torn between a number of mine. Space Marines (becuse I have never fielded them at this tourney) or the Tau! (shock horror!)

And of course, I'm not even sure if I'll be fighting it out this year anyway!!!

So, what are you guys thinking of bringing?

Offline Killing Time

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2012, 05:20:31 PM »
If I get my chaos marines painted up to standard in time then I'll be bringing those, otherwise it'll be the Eldar as per usual.
So almost definitely Eldar  :P

Offline MortVader83

• There's no reason for it. It's just our policy
  • Armies: Grey Knights 5th Brotherhood, CSM, Nids, DA, SM.
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2012, 05:26:18 PM »
 Just curious, but has there ever been discussion on a North American  40konline tournament?
"Ofcourse it's safe to smoke! I'm just loading Class-A fireworks, nothing dangerous."

Offline Shas'Oink

• Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2012, 05:59:05 PM »
Just curious, but has there ever been discussion on a North American  40konline tournament?

WE're just a group of gamers who just happen to speak on 40KOnline. It only takes one or two to be able to bring the whole thing together so tehre's very little reason why you couldn't set up a North American tournament! The biggest issue you face is distance I suppose!

I remember the very first tournament we done... there were like, only 6 of us. And its grown more and more over time. Last time we had 30 people. and this year there is scope for even more! We've moved all about the south of england, the first 8 or so were called the "london" tournament, but its been held in a number of locations since then!

I suggest you find out how many people on the forums live in and around your area so you can work out the potential for a tournament near you. Or, alternatively, you could come to the UK on holiday!

Offline Tarrin the Space Marine

• Sullied Smug
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • It's ok to be scared...
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2012, 06:56:40 PM »
I will bring something suitably bizarre and rarely seen.

However, everything about Tarrin is unfair and should be sanctioned with extreme prejudice.

The Globals have issued a 2:1 ruling that yes, yes everything about Tarrin is indeed unfair. We have also been sullied merely by contemplating this.

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2012, 06:59:49 PM »
Hmm torn between 13th company, chaos mutated guard or my Tyrants Legion :)

PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline SeriousCallersOnly

• Brother Sergeant
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • This is not a Space Marine
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Tyranids
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2012, 07:35:17 PM »
I will bring either the leviathan tyranids from last year, with some minor changes, or pure deathwing. Both are pretty much fully painted, just a couple of minis left on each, depends on how much I want to to get my ass kicked.

I've been playing the tyranid list almost unchanged for a few years, so might be nice to play something different. Reminds me, Is my converted fex-to-tervigon from last year still acceptable, or do I need to invest in the new model?

Offline Shas'Oink

• Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2012, 08:00:04 PM »
Its game. This is not a GW event so we won't even expect you to have citadel only models... as long as its clear to people what is what then there's no major concern!

Of course, the new tervigon kit looks absolutely awesome, so I'm surprised you wouldn't want to get it anyway!

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2012, 08:47:44 AM »
Which army to use brings up a question.

I've got a Daemons army which is mounted on square bases so I can use it in both fantasy and 40k (a descision I've regreted since 8th came along ::)). Would I be able to use it in this event? It's a bit more random and fun than my BA army so I would prefer to bring it.

I've opened this discussion on the boards in the past and the general conscensious was that as the models came with the bases it was legal in a GW sense and that they don't really give an advantage/disadvantage either way.
I've used them in a tournament setting before and had no problems.

If not the daemons then I'll be cracking out the Blood Angels or maybe the Orks or Grey knights if I could paint them in time but 6 months doesn't seem long enough at my painting speed.

Offline g00gle5

• Organisers Never Prosper
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • I would.
    • Promethean Games
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Necrons, Dark Eldar
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2012, 09:52:30 AM »
Afternoon all!

Hungover on the day?Wellll, who knows....

Squared-based daemons are fine. I only ask that you are very courteous to your opponents and if there are situations where a few mms extra from round bases would make the difference, that you let your opponent have it.

I think all the other questions have been answered already?

I will definitely be organising only this year as I have many plans in the works to make this the best tournament yet. That means if you have come before and you had a blast, then come again and have an even better time! If you haven't come yet, then come find out why this tournament is going to be absolutely-freaking amazing. And if you are coming this year, then tell all your gaming buddies to come join you!

All will be revealed soon...

Battle Reports | Wargaming Articles | Shop

Offline popsical

« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2012, 02:33:34 PM »
Tau this year, with a due sense of trepidation.