News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: War On The Shore 1st NDGH Ranked 40K Tournament in Northern Ireland on 08.04.12  (Read 1385 times)

Offline Unite All Action

• Ork Boy
  • I have a cultist! Go my minion and do my bidding!
    • Unite All Action My Hobby On The Internet
Hello all and after inspiration from other great local events, we wanted to take the plunge and host our very own 40k tournament in the heart of North down.  For one day only, the usually sleepy seaside town of Bangor, Co. Down (northern Ireland) will be awoken by a 41st Millennium style invasion. NDGH are Proud to invite friend and foe alike, to take part in a 1000pt, 5 round, ranked tournament.

We have created brand new custom designed 4x4 war zones. Terrain will span the furthest reaches of the Imperium, from mud soaked trench lines and shelled out city structures to rolling rivers and steamy jungles. your tables have been crafted with care to enhance your gaming experience.

So declare war and prepare for battle, grab your ticket today so like everything it has to start somewhere so it's up to everyone to support and play there part in it, Get Your Ticket Now!!!

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE YOUR TICKET at http://warontheshore.eventbrite.co.uk/

Bullet Points:

Tickets will be sold on a first come first served basis, so get them while you can.

In the interest of confirming numbers, we would appreciate pre-booking. Payment may be made on the day of the event, but will incurr a £2.50 surcharge (total £12.50). This charge will not be applied to spectator tickets.

Spectators are welcome and if you wish to discuss space for open play please contact us on 07887952294

Rules pack and info can be found athttp://www.northdowngamershub.blogspot.com[/color]

Closing date for list submission Wednesday 4th April 2012

1000pts highlander style games (see rules pack) coming soon

4’x4’ Wooden tabletops

Free tea, coffee and biscuits available all day

Registration from 8.30-9.30am

Round 1 commences 9.30am

1.5 hours per round

Awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place as well as best sportsmanship, best

painted and wooden spoon. Prizes to be confirmed

Having fun will be expected, severe punishments will be inflicted otherwise.

It is our hope that this tournament will be the first of many hosted by NDGH. We want to expand the community, creating a hub for local gamers to mix and slug it out on the battlefield. So whether it is your first or one hundred and first tournament you are more than welcome to join in.
To see more check out my blog

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
Hah! my wife has family in Bangor and she's been talking about going over there before the summer for me to meet them (and so we can take our little man there too). Unfortunately though, it looks like this event is on Easter Sunday... so I doubt there will be a happy coincidence... Will have to see what can be done.

Offline Unite All Action

• Ork Boy
  • I have a cultist! Go my minion and do my bidding!
    • Unite All Action My Hobby On The Internet
Hah! my wife has family in Bangor and she's been talking about going over there before the summer for me to meet them (and so we can take our little man there too). Unfortunately though, it looks like this event is on Easter Sunday... so I doubt there will be a happy coincidence... Will have to see what can be done.
It will be good to see you if you are in bangor this weekend.

So this time in 4 days it will be well underway and things around here are getting very exciting and where has all the time went, as it seems to be going so fast. Just in a few short weeks from relatively nothing to us establishing our very own tournament it has truly been a labour of love, and I would like to thank everyone involved. Already there has been a few late nights and early mornings to get things up and running and were not even finished yet so once again whoever you are whatever part you've played we would like to thank you very much. And all being well we will see everyone in person on the day. :D

So below we have included a few more pictures from are Facebook page of some of the scenery that we have worked on.

just a selection of what we have been working on

some of our river sections

some of our city fight scenery all being well will have 4 tables worth

all 12 4X4 being painted

So number wise is looking very positive but as always if you're free on the day even if you're not planning to take part you're more than welcome to show up and say hello.

As there will be some open play available and it would be good to have people gaming in the background while the tournament is going on, simply just e-mail and say what you plan to bring, as there will be plenty of space. So as always spread the word hopefully will see you there.
To see more check out my blog