News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Any IG players using Skype?  (Read 2173 times)

Offline RandomGuardsman

• Kampfgruppe RipperJacks!
Any IG players using Skype?
« on: December 31, 2011, 02:17:44 AM »
  I was wondering if any of you IG players are using Skype. I know there used to be an option to flag it under contact info a long time ago but it is no longer there so I figured I would take a shot in the dark and ask. :P
Mercenaries never die! They go to hell to regroup!

Offline Unleash Mayhem

• - In Vulkan's Name -
  • Armies: Salamanders 1st and 2nd Company, Imperial Guard
Re: Any IG players using Skype?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 07:52:48 AM »
I'm a fairly rookie IG player, but I use skype :) tristan_edwards is my username

Offline crew4man

• I say, would anyone care for a scone?
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 10:18:15 AM »
I have a Skype...but I don't really want to share it with strangers...Eh, it's pretty much stranger proof. You'll love my skype name RandomGuardsman, I'll PM you.
Victory- a delicious recipe of timing, confidence, audacity, intelligence... and having more warm bodies than the other guy.

Offline RandomGuardsman

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 01:30:34 PM »
  I was told by a moderator that it was not used much way back when it was implamented on the forum. But it might be implamented as a contact info again if it was to catch on. I probably should have made this a forum wide question other than just IG. You have to start somewhere though.

I have a Skype...but I don't really want to share it with strangers...Eh, it's pretty much stranger proof. You'll love my skype name RandomGuardsman, I'll PM you.

I understand, PM is fine if you still want to use skype.  I go by Brian11e3, if that does not work you could search by E-mail through my MSN contact info in my profile.

Offline croggy

• Loota
  • ...to burn or not to burn...
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 05:02:48 PM »
ofcourse i use skype

Offline DeadDuck1015

• Armies: Imperial Guard, Vampire Counts
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 06:40:10 PM »
I have Skype, but while I'm often on it, I rarely actually use it. My screen name is (predictably) DeadDuck1015.
"Our end is come, but what an end! We have been given the most precious gift: a chance to roar our defiance into the foe that overwhelms us with their numbers. Let the Emperor Himself hear our final battle cry! Forward, warriors of the Guard, and die like the heroes you are!"

Offline crew4man

« Reply #6 on: January 2, 2012, 11:56:08 PM »
RandomGuardsman and I had a chat while I was doing something. Nothing much, but it's pretty new for me to talk to people about 40k (It's really just Me, myself, and I doing it)- it's interesting. Fun.

I suggest everyone who can, grab a skype. Soon, with a network of IG players, we will grow- unstoppable.
Victory- a delicious recipe of timing, confidence, audacity, intelligence... and having more warm bodies than the other guy.

Offline croggy

• Loota
  • ...to burn or not to burn...
« Reply #7 on: January 6, 2012, 07:55:39 PM »
RandomGuardsman and I had a chat while I was doing something. Nothing much, but it's pretty new for me to talk to people about 40k (It's really just Me, myself, and I doing it)- it's interesting. Fun.

I suggest everyone who can, grab a skype. Soon, with a network of IG players, we will grow- unstoppable.

Or un date -able

Offline crew4man

« Reply #8 on: January 6, 2012, 07:59:57 PM »

Or un date -able

Well played.

Offline RandomGuardsman

« Reply #9 on: January 7, 2012, 12:55:34 AM »
LOL!   Anyways, it is kind of nice to be able to chat with someone instead of waiting for a thread update. Granted the forum is still the better place to post pics and army lists. :P  I will probably get my webcam going and see how well it does at showing off my models. :P

Offline SwampyTurtle

• Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • "Death is no respite from War"
    • Behind the lines gaming blog
  • Armies: Tau (Jar'kai Sept);Tanith 1st;Phantine Skyborne IG
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 02:19:54 PM »
if anyone is still doing this, PM me ( id love to talk some 40k)  ;) :D

Record:                                    W/L/D
Jar'kia Sept:                                  5/6/3
Tanith 1st:                                    2/0/2