News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: clubs/gaming groups in Reading  (Read 1734 times)

Offline ZarathustraSuicuine

clubs/gaming groups in Reading
« on: August 21, 2011, 05:45:07 AM »
Any gaming groups/club in reading? I just got into Reading university to study archeology, and am wondering about clubs there, especially ones where people play BFG (no one plays it where I livepresently)
Iyanden Eldar, Thousand sons. Yes I use Swooping Hawks, I find they work for me and I love the models.

Offline Rathstar

• Rathstar's 40k Ramblings
  • Armies: Dark Eldar, Necrons, Tau, Space Wolves
Re: clubs/gaming groups in Reading
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 05:35:31 PM »
Hi,

I take it you mean Reading, UK.  If so you are blessed with a great club (well I would say that as it's my local).  Below is a link to the club's website:

http://www.spikyclub.com/e107/index.php

I'd suggest joining the forum and introducing yourself.  Normally if you make it down the club for when it opens you'll be able to get a game without pre-arranging.  If you make yourslef known on the forum I'm sure that the player reps with make sure you have an opponent when you pop down the club.

Rathstar
___________________ _________________

View my 40k Blog at: Rathstar's Ramblings

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 05:59:04 AM »
thanks, can't sign up atm as my email is on the blink (it says it's virgin media is dwn for maintanence) is BFG played there?and how much does it cost each time?
Iyanden Eldar, Thousand sons. Yes I use Swooping Hawks, I find they work for me and I love the models.

Offline Rathstar

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 10:37:39 AM »
Hi,

I've definietly seen BFG played at the club before, I'm just not sure whether anyone plays it at the moment.

The club is not on today, due to Reading Festival, but will be open as usual next thursday.  Hopefully your e-mail is working soon.  If it's still down I suggest making another e-mail adress with either hotmail, google or yahoo.

Do you play any other games ?  I could say whether I've seen them being played.  Most games are 40k or WFB, but there is regular games of Warmachine/Hordes and Flames or War.  On top of this there are people who play board games and roleplay.

Rathstar

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 10:58:31 AM »
BFG, 40K and fantasy, but I am interested in other systems

Offline Rathstar

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 12:07:28 PM »
Hi,

For 40k & Fantasy you could turn up on the night (once you're there for the start) and have an excellent chance of getting a game.  To make sure (once you e-mail is working) I'd make yourself known on the club forum and I'm sure one of the committee members will ensure you get a game.

For other games such as BFG I'd try to arrange a game on the forum beforehand.

Rathstar

Offline HORDE

• Infinity Circuit
    • Horde's Deathwing Blog
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 06:23:08 AM »
Bit of a necro, but only by a couple of months and it's relevant.

Zarathus, if you're looking for a fix there are also 2 clubs in basingstoke, which is about 30 minutes on the train from reading. The Sad Muppets Society (google their website) and the Bastion club.

The Bastion crowd is a bit younger, around 18-25. There's a fair few oldies in the sad muppets, but it's a great club.

Muppets and Spiky also hold tournaments which i've heard only good things about.
If you roll enough dice - everything dies eventually.
My Deathwing Blog