News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2nd Stab at the Nighthaunt  (Read 1160 times)

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
2nd Stab at the Nighthaunt
« on: October 10, 2018, 04:52:03 PM »
LEADERS

Kurdoss Valentian, the Craven King
- General
Reikenor the Grimhailer
- Lore of the Underworlds : Lifestealer
Guardian of Souls with Nightmare Lantern
- Judgement Maul
- Lore of the Underworlds : Spectral Tether
- Infernal Lantern (Artefact) : Beacon of Nagashizzar

UNITS
2 x Chainghasts
8 x Glaivewraith Stalkers
20 x Bladegheist Revenants
20 x Grimghast Reapers
20 x Grimghast Reapers
20 x Grimghast Reapers

Endless Spells:

Chronomantic Cogs
Soulsnare Shackles
Quicksilver Swords

TOTAL: 2000

I think the really fun part about this list (and perhaps nighthaunt in general) is going to be the unique combinations of HQs that you can fit into a list. I took lifestealer on Reikenor, so that when he deals a mortal wound to himself for extra buff to his casting roll, he can cast lifestealer after about a turn or so and potentially regain all of those wounds back. The Guardian of Souls comes with the Spectral Lure to bring back models from the grave, and I believe spectral tether is a different spell (S.Tether heals less than S.Lure), so I grabbed that for him too. Beacon of Nagashizzar should give me extra resurrections on both of those spells. I included Kurdoss because he can dish out a lot of pain to higher priority targets really quickly, that and he can steal some command points too, which ought to be fun.

No Shroudguard this time, but did include the chainghasts to grant hit re-rolls to the Revenants. The unit of 12 Glaivewraith stalkers is for slipping behind enemy lines and bogging down softer targets, like archers, artillery, or even trying to contest objectives. Finally, 60 Reapers spread across three units, the backbone of the list. I've contemplated trying to bump them up to 30, but meh, kind of feels like spamming at that point lol.

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 10:10:37 PM by Myen'Tal »
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: 2nd Stab at the Nighthaunt
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 09:39:03 PM »
Looks solid.

Grimghast reapers are scary powerful, and will pull most of the weight in this list. I'd almost try to find a way to sneak in the chromatic cogs, just to try and proc their extra charge attack with the longer charge.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 10:15:15 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, Squid :). I've made a few changes to the list. I bumped the Glaivewraiths down from 12 to 8 to add Chronomatic Cogs, Quicksilver Swords, and Soulsnare Shackles into the list.

What do you think about the Revenants? Do you think that a full unit is worth the points? They seem quite decent once you add in some Chainghasts / Spirit Torment. Wouldn't mind a second opinion on them though :).
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 09:50:47 AM »
Shackles and swords are two of my favourite spells, they'll be good tools for the toolbox.

I do like the Revenants, they have a lot of solid attacks. I think the only reasons they are overlooked in favour of Grimghast Reapers, is they are only range 1, and not battleline.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria