News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Scions - Getting Started  (Read 3037 times)

Offline Neo-Buzzard

• I tire of these games....
  • Armies: Deathguard w/ Demons, & Space Wolves w/ Skitarri
Scions - Getting Started
« on: July 31, 2017, 10:04:36 PM »
So a buddy of mine just started building Scions, he has a tempestor prime/command squad, 3x5 man scion squads, and a taurox prime. He doesn't really know where to go from there. I've been thinking about getting him a leman russ, but I don't really have a lot of knowledge when it comes to guard, so where should he go from there.
Quote - YuenglingDragon:  Kharn is an unholy ass-kicker.  Makes perfect sense to me.  Blood for the Blood God and anti-grav engines for his awesome flying throne.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Scions - Getting Started
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 10:58:38 PM »
So a buddy of mine just started building Scions, he has a tempestor prime/command squad, 3x5 man scion squads, and a taurox prime. He doesn't really know where to go from there. I've been thinking about getting him a leman russ, but I don't really have a lot of knowledge when it comes to guard, so where should he go from there.

I'd just go with more scions and Taruox Primes. Both are really good in this edition. You'll want enough non-scion units so that they can all deepstrike. Conscripts with a Commissar is a pretty safe bet; hard to dislodged, cheap and can put out a lot of shots.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: August 1, 2017, 07:21:12 PM »
Depends what he's into.

I'd definitely suggest more Taurox and some more bodies.

I personally run a 1500pt list with 18 units...A handful of Tempestor Primes and Command squads backed up by six squads of Scions, Taurox, and even one of each of the Imperial Assassins.

A nice trick is putting two min units of Scions in one Taurox (Unless you want to deep strike all the dudes).

Offline Raging tempestor

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: June 6, 2018, 08:46:30 AM »
As a scion player myself, 1000pts, i find that two Valkyries jam-packed with melee bullgryns works a treat. i normally put this with some scions and tempestor primes and it does work in most cases, the only down side is there is no heavy armour.