News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Coliseum (Game-Thread)  (Read 6277 times)

Offline skoops6

• Armies: those pointy eared dudes with the ninja star guns
Re: The Coliseum (Game-Thread)
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2013, 07:30:41 PM »
Lithe walked over to the thin human called Skippy. "I need some throwing knives. 5 of them, in a shoulder brace. Some armour too, but that isn't urgent. something light and flexible, if possible." after that, she walked over to the mordian. "do you still wish to prove yourself as a valuable ally? if so, prove to me your skill with a blade, duel me. I need to keep my reflexes sharp. come find me when you are ready." With that, Lithe walked over to the ranged training area, picked up some throwing knives and started practicing in the moving target section.
You mean a gaming and miniatures company has devised a way to encourage you to buy more of their product? The FIENDS!

Offline bsucbe

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2013, 06:07:19 AM »
Flavius was glad to see the wych had seen the benefit of working together, understanding each other would be useful should team combat arise. However combat training was not the top of his to do list, on organising his sleeping space he headed to the mess to take on a decent male, then went for a long run. Then after a short rest period carried out the basic sword drills from the academy. These exercises loosened up the muscles from combat. Then he headed to his bunk to sleep, tomorrow he would take up the Dark Eldar's offer and face her in a training match.

Offline bsucbe

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2013, 11:14:22 AM »
Flavius had sepnt the morning going through his own exercise regimes, to warm up the muscles of his body, he then washed and placed new fatigues on and went to find Lithe. He found the eldar in the training yard, he approached her
"I am prepared for  a training match if you are, may i suggest we use blunted weapons to prevent injury, both our incomes depend on being fighting fit."

Offline skoops6

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2013, 04:51:52 PM »
"Yes, I am growing tired of fighting practice dummies" she walked to the armoury, grabbed 2 blunted daggers and made her way over the training area, a sandy area littered with training dummies.
You mean a gaming and miniatures company has devised a way to encourage you to buy more of their product? The FIENDS!

Offline bsucbe

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2013, 04:44:22 AM »
Flavius grinned, the eldar was clearly frustrated by the restraint of this place. He stepped into the training area. Took up a low guard with the blunted blade pointing forward. He had seen her fight, he knew of her speed and savagery. So he planned to combat this with his own meticulous fighting style. He would knock the first blade aside with the flat of his blade the roll the direction the attack came from and bring the cutting edge of his sword to bare.
"Ladies first, I insist"

Offline skoops6

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2013, 05:54:49 AM »
"How sweet" Lithe said with a sneer as she lowered into a combat stance. she leaped forward, fienting with a slash towards his forearm, hoping to draw his sword away from his chest, followed by a stab with the other dagger into his solar plexus, which would wind him and give Lithe an advantage. (OOC: the problem with blunted daggers is that they do not have much weight behind them, and therefore are less useful when being swung or slashed with. Such is a downside to my choice of weapon I guess)

Offline bsucbe

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2013, 06:16:02 AM »
Flavius had indeed deflected the first blow, however the stab had knocked the air out of his lungs and forced him to take a knee.
"Well played! I will not underestimate you again, that convict gave me a poor view of opponents in this place in general. Anyway, we won't earn fights by talking. My turn!"
Flavius got back up and went straight into an attack from high to force the eldar to bring both daggers up to block, while the eldar was looking up at the obvious threat Flavius planted a boot in his opponents midriff, equalling the score with regards to the winding. 

Offline CaptainJSparrow

• Today is the day you will always remember...line!
  • Armies: Chaos, Space Wolves, Vampire Counts, Empire etc...
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2013, 07:09:50 AM »
Regullus listened intently, showing a care and even compassion most astartes lacked, and nodded to the Guardsman’s questions, “It is simple, you will find your first payment will enter your accounts on the morrow. Points will be earned through training and the occasional practice bout our master holds for friends.” The marine’s deep voice echoed around the courtyard. The recruits then made their way on to different activities, though the astartes noted the Eldar with annoyance, “Always so arrogant, he seems to have forgotten who won the war, it is by the grace of the Emperor he yet draws breath.” With a snort he headed for the training grounds himself; perhaps he’d show them a thing or two, after all the current Champion of the arena was his first pupil.

Skippy snorted in derision at the recruits, his prejudices obvious as he inclined his head to the Guardsman, “I’ll put you on a line of credit and you can pay it off as you go, it’ll come to a combined total of five hundred credits, only fifty for the pistol, the fatigues will be a little harder to find.” He then turned a lip up at the Ork, “I’m afraid such items are beyond my reach, chances are they’ve been re-attached, amazing how far the medicae have come these days.” He snorted again, flipping the Eldar a rather rude hand gesture, “You’ll take what you’re bloody well given xeno scum.” He taunted. His jaw dropped at the sight of the beautiful Lithe however, as prejudiced a man can be he can still fall prey to the beauty and wiles of femininity. “Of course ma’am shouldn’t be hard to come by, three hundred credits should be enough to cover it, and I’ll start your line of credit as well.”

The new day dawned and the training grounds were full of Unorian gladiators, at the far end the best the House had to offer trained amongst themselves in a tight knit group, the reigning champion Titus stood above the rest, fending off blow after blow as each fighter charged to test themselves, as one particularly brawny Eldar bounced off his shield the Astartes laughed good humouredly, “Well done Stranos, but watch your foot work, a season off has dulled your senses!” the Eldar in question grinned and flipped a rude hand gesture at the Champion.

“Emperor knows it’s the only reason you’re Champ!” he laughed in return, the assembled group, clearly old friends, all laughed good naturedly before continuing their training. Old man Unor observed from a balcony, Regulus beside him.

“Well old friend, what do you think of the new comers?” he asked.

“They have promise, but attitudes will have to change and fighting styles will have to be polished, and I think I have just the man for the job.” The Astartes pondered, “With your permission master?” the old man nodded.

“Of course Regulus.” He motioned with a hand and the marine faded away.

“LINE UP YOU USELESS LITTLE GROX TURDS!” The drillmaster of house Unor ordered. Regulus bawled and spluttered in a manner typical of any military trainer, “Now I’m sure you all think yourselves quite heroic and strong, I have news for you, those wins of yours meant nothing, it’s now time you learnt what a real fighter is, Titus!” he called and the Champion fell in beside his mentor, “Who among you thinks they can mix it up with my star pupil?” the veteran asked as the marine in question rolled his shoulders in his padded training armour, his blunted sword and round shield hung loosely in an easy grip, a slightly cocky grin plastered across his face. “I’ll even make it worth your while, two points will go to anyone who can last a minute with him.”
Space Marine + Pirate = Red Corsair.

Offline bsucbe

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2013, 08:35:13 AM »
Flavius thanked Skippy for the offer and took him up on it straight away, being in the equipment he had been trained to fight in would do him the world of good.
On the drill instructors shout he snapped to attention in front of him, it was pretty much involuntary by this stage. Then the offer had come, to face an astartes blooded in the unification of the universe and now the arena, it was a task which seemed impossible, however those two points were vital so Flavius stepped forward. He thought through the areas where he could best the marine.
Speed....no
Agility....no
Strength....not a chance
These marines were said to be the equivalent of 100 guardsmen. So the objective was not victory but purely to last a minute. So the tactic he would employ, try to avoid being face to face with the marine, and if a blow came, use its force to roll off of it. So Flavius stood there, waiting for an inevitable defeat it was just a matter of when that defeat came. However he couldn't wait to receive the training from such a legendary warrior. 

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
  • Armies: Deffskullz
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2013, 01:26:03 PM »
The Ork did not realize he was being called to attention. But he did see something was happening, and rushed to find out what it was. Then there was an offer for a fight, a good fight. Like any Ork, that was enough to make up his mind on the matter. It did not matter that he couldn’t win, he was incapable of such thought processes.

Ungkard raised his hand in the air and jumped up and down “me, me! Let me do da fightin!” There was an eagerness on his face, a sheer glee. If only the bystanders could know what it was to be an Ork.

Offline skoops6

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2013, 05:05:19 PM »
"This is clearly not a fair fight" lithe said with her trademark sneer."the grand champion against, what was the term you used? A grox turd? The grand champion against 3 grox turds? Well, those odds I like better." (OOC: this allows all of us to fight at once, as wellas test our team work skills)

Offline Killskin

• Wise men wonder while strong men die.
  • Armies: Da Orks
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2013, 10:36:36 PM »
Hyrulen stood with his arms crossed and listening to the offer. Clearly he is the champion because all of those he has fought in the past were imbeciles. Hyrulen stepped forward. "I accept your offer to fight the champion," he said. He looked at the burly human.  He knew he only had to last a minute, but he would drag it out as long as he could. He was faster than any mon-keigh, and he knew he could easily use that to his advantage.
"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."
    +++ Count Vlad von Carstein +++

Offline CaptainJSparrow

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2013, 07:12:28 AM »
Regulus chuckled inwardly, this would be a show, maybe take some of the arrogance out of them, “Well well well, since you’re all so determined to gang up on my friend here let’s make it four minutes, one for each of you, however I’ll up the stakes, make it three points each if you can make it, and if you fail it’s a hundred laps of the yard.” He ordered then turned to the Champion, “Alright Titus, you have my permission, no holding back like you did at the arena, and show them what a real warrior can do.” The Champion was taken aback but recovered quickly and nodded, with a shrug he dropped his shield and accepted an additional sword from an attendant, gripping it in a reverse hold.

“Alright rookies, when you’re ready.” The Champ nodded, taking a ready stance.

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2013, 12:44:34 PM »
Ungkard did not wait for the Marine to claim he was ready. Without any form of choppa in his hand, he charged at the opponent. His instincts did not force out a war cry, the lack of on lookers made it impossible to get that rush. But he charged the short distance anyways.

The distance grew shorter, in less than a second he was close enough to attack. He leapt up into the air, lending his full weight into his planned strike. It was a tremendous sight to see. The Ork looked like some sort of professional boxer, or glory fighter from eras past. He aimed a single Orkish straight punch at the Marine’s head. The blow could stop an autocar, or cave in a normal human's head if it landed.

Offline bsucbe

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2013, 04:28:18 AM »
Flavius was astonished by the ork's foolish charge, the creature clearly had no fear of the Astartes. However having seen him fight Flavius knew the Orc's strength was going to be needed in taking down the champion. He moved to block the marine's off-hand blade, and if he could take advantage of the marine looking up at the orc, having blocked with the flat of his blade, slide the point up towards the champions throat.
He hoped the Eldar would support this foolhardy move, it was hard to work as a team where previous communication had been minimal.

Offline Killskin

• Wise men wonder while strong men die.
  • Armies: Da Orks
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2013, 07:31:19 PM »
Hyrulen observed the dual charge made by the human and the ork and shook his head. Fools, he thought. Instead of engaging immediately he would wait until the perfect moment to make his move. Besides, if the others lasted long enough to take up most of the alotted time limit, he wouldn't have to last so long himself. An underhanded plan perhaps, but all is fair in love and war.
"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."
    +++ Count Vlad von Carstein +++

Offline skoops6

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2013, 01:29:26 AM »
Lithe readied herself, looking for an opportunity to strike when she felt a tap on her shoulder. It was Skippy, holding a large axe "for the ork, you guys will need all the help you can get". She took it with a nod, called out to Unkard, and threw it near its feet. Then, noticing the spread-legged combat stance of the space marine, ran and slide through his legs, slashing at his knee with her dagger

Offline CaptainJSparrow

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2013, 03:27:43 AM »
The Marine took it all in within half a breath, his blades flicked into ready positions as the new challengers charged. He swayed to the side as the orc swung a fist, coming up under the brutal strike he slashed down on the elbow joint and drove an elbow into the brute’s chin, forcing the orc to back up several paces as stars burst across his vision. The Guardsman was next, showing quick strategy that the champ admired, the attempted strike was deflected with a speed that belied the marine’s great size, smashing the blade with enough force to send it skittering across the stones, the owner soon following as a backhand, reinforced by a sword hilt, crashed into the side of his head.

The Dark Eldar women attempted to take advantage but as soon as she was beneath him, the marine dropped onto one knee, which crushed into her delicate chest, loud cracks echoing around the court yard as his weight bore down on her much slimmer frame, a small trail of blood leaking from the corner of her mouth, the final opponent was the Eldar, the marine flicked his left blade up to grab it by the tip and throwing in a motion that shouldn’t be possible for a blade that size, the pommel stone slammed straight into the cocky Eldar’s forehead, between the eyes. Titus quickly ran to retrieve his weapon rounding on them again.

Regulus, snorted derisively, “Come on you lot, it hasn’t been thirty seconds yet and Titus has only really used his blade twice, there’s four of you, try harder!” the old drill sergeant barked.

Offline bsucbe

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2013, 07:09:38 AM »
Flavius was dazed but his drill instructor had said to get back up, it was moments like this where the nature of the iron guard shone through. His head was spinning, a pain driving itself through his head along the side that had hit the ground. But still he pulled himself to his feet through pure determination to obey the order, his father would have been proud. He walked to where his blade lay on the ground, a notable dint in the edge where the marine had landed his blow, that would need fixing. He raised his head and looked at the situation. "YES SARN'T!" He felt blood trickling out the side of his ear. He then adressed the other gladiators.
"We cannot stand alone, he isn't a champion by fluke, we must work together, alone we will fail and fall so hard we will probably be out of action for days. Together we can soften that blow, maybe even earn the points, so get up, and let's see what we can do."
OOC:I suggest eldar go in first, their speed might bog him down then me and the ork punch in and try and deliver a blow to daze him.

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2013, 10:49:45 AM »
Ungkard was angry, but enjoying himself at the same time. He picked up the choppa from the ground, and saw the Space Marine had his back to him. Even the great Titus must have problems with having things hitting him from behind. He hurled his choppa with magnificent force and velocity and the back of Titus’ head. Even if he tried to avoid it, that might allow one of the elder to get a blow in.

“Oi! I ain’t finished wiv you yet, ya weedy git.” He launched forward, hoping to body slam the Space Marine while he retrieved his sword. If he were able to entangle himself with the astartes, than he could try to overcome him with strength or at least buy a chance for the others to get some blows in.