News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Boss Pole Competition- The Humble Terminator's Entry-WIP  (Read 5839 times)

Offline the_humble_terminator

• Tankbusta Boy
  • Judgement Day is inevitable...See you soon!
Boss Pole Competition- The Humble Terminator's Entry-WIP
« on: August 1, 2011, 10:16:07 PM »
One day, as the ongoing war waged on the planet Armageddon, there was an Ork fleet about to enter the atmosphere of the planet, they wanted a piece of the imperials. Well, a nearby Baneblade operator saw the Space Hulk before it got in range of the other men, and took a chance to stop the Ork fleet before they could reek havoc on the planet that the operator hoped would one day belong to the Imperials once more.

This was no ordinary baneblade, either. This Tank had been created for the sole purpose of demolishing the greenskins as soon as the commander saw them. The baneblade had a special function, as well. It had the ability to charge its blast into a single burst of energy...at the cost of some of the vehicle's power, which would be transferred into a beam of energy, as powerful as a thousand lascannons hitting at the same time... and this commander was frenzied to boot.

The Baneblade powered its Baneblade cannon for a single blast, one that would take all the power from the vehicle, and would leave the Operator vulnerable. As he took the shot, he yelled, “DIE YOU SAVAGE BEASTS!”

The Space hulk was actually under a lot of pressure from entering the atmosphere at the time, weakening the hull of the ship. When the cannon’s shot reached the ship, the Orks had just opened the hatch to let their stormboyz to get out early. When they did this, they immediately saw the missile coming. However, the missile did not reach the inside of the ship, or the gas tanks, or any other flammable substance. What it was aimed to do, was to blast a hole in the front of the ship, from which, the force of the cannon’s shot would throw the crew into space, with the front open, sucking the Orks out, and killing them instantly.

This worked perfectly for the Imperials.

2 years later, when the dead Orks reached a planet’s gravitational field, they were sent reeling into the planet….but due to the blood they had covered themselves in, the blood boiled from the heat, but did not cause the spores from the skin flakes to be destroyed, merely damaged slightly. This gave birth to a new Ork tribe; the tribe of BlooGoffz.

The BlooGoffz are a strange psychological combination of the Goffs, and the Death Skulls. The Goffs’ use of checkered themes, bullheaded Bosspoles, and notoriously large quantities of boyz are combined with the constant blue theme, luck-oriented, and speedy Death Skulls. This combination provides huge quantities of Nobz in wagons and on bikes, and very little numbers of speed-minded boyz, as the boyz often do not live long enough in boyhood for enough money to be horded to buy a trukk. Why get a trukk when you can get a Bike? Or a Kopta?

15 years go by, and the Orks begin to increase their numbers, and establish a hierarchy. In the process of these years passing by, still no Warbosses have been named, and as the fighting grows, more and more Orks question their culture and hope to Gork that they may one day have a leader.

One day, there was a single Nob who was trying to get ready for his brawl with the possible Warboss in training, the undefeated, and biggest Nob of all, Grutnokka. This, much smaller Nob, was named Flazebrunk. Flazebrunk was very determined to win a battle against a fellow Ork, as this would be his first, and if he failed, his last. As he was wrapping his knuckles, he decided he would prove his strength, and fight without a weapon. This was obviously a bad decision, but he knew if he did not do something to make himself stand out, he would probably never be Warboss of the tribe, as he would probably just die later.

The battle horn was sounded. It was time to fight. He ran out of his bunker with his choppa in hand. He would show this Git how it was done. When he got out, he nearly had his neck severed before he would have realized Grutnokka was already coming. Grutnokka was a bigger Nob than he thought. He was already the size of a Warboss, or bigger.

Flazebrunk grabbed Grutnokka’s weapon, and threw it into the crowd. He then grabbed his own, and did the same. Grutnokka bellowed, “Whatcha tink yooz bee doin’?”

Flazebrunk whispered, “We’z gonna finnish ‘dis lyk stron’ and mitey Orks, not some meezlie Gitz!”

Flazebrunk grabbed the giant’s neck with his comparatively petite hand, and punched him a single time, in the closest side of Grutnokka’s forehead. Grutnokka fell to the ground, Flazebrunk had hit the Ork so hard he had busted its skull, and the fragments pierced Grutnokka’s brain.

From that day forth, Flazebrunk knew he would be feared, and respected. He acquired a pole from the local scrap yard, and as is normal BlooGoff culture, he found the largest, strongest, most aggressive bull he could find, and wrestled it barehanded. In the same way he defeated Grutnokka, he defeated this behemoth, when he removed the skull for his pole, the busted piece of the skull showed, right in the middle of the forehead.

When Flazebrunk went to battle for the first time as Warboss, he acquired a Space Marine Salamander’s Helmet, and a Space Marine veteran’s helmet, both of which he felt would be better with the head in the helmet still. Later that same battle, on his way from the battlefield, the marines launched a desperation attack on Flazebrunk. Alone, and without a weapon at hand, he laid each and every marine to rest with his unarmed fighting prowess.

The Sergeant, who carried a Power Fist, met him in a dire situation, yet managed to break the jaw from the Bull’s skull in which was on the boss’ admired, and prized possession. The Boss, after he killed the sergeant, decided to take the sergeant‘s shoulder pads, which were more elaborate than the others‘, and bust them through the horns of the bull’s skull, each one connected to a half of the broken jaw that the leader had destroyed. He also acquired the leader's helmet, which served perfectly as both a decoration and a good-luck charm, since it was blue.

Forevermore, the Boss Flazebrunk would be known as ‘Da Ork uv Da Iron Fizt’. For which, a Mekboy under his command crafted a Metal fist to fit his new title, free of charge.

One day, in the blackest of night, a young Ork, who marveled the style that Flazebrunk had brought to the tribe, decided he wanted to learn some of the ways known to Flazebrunk about killing those who stood before him. He thought that the idea to not bring a choppa, slugga, or even just a lowly shoota to battle was preposterous, and idiotic to the extreme. From an Ork, this meant something.

This young lad walked up to the hut with a sign titled, "Flazebrunk, Hoo ar yoo?" and knocked on the door, in the nicest way he knew how. (Which actually means he battered the door until he figured someone would answer him, then banged harder) Eventually, the warboss answered the door. He looked around, and didn't see anyone. Just before he went back inside, a voice yelled, " Down here, boss!"

Flazebrunk looked down, and saw the boy he had seen many years ago, the day he defeated Grutnokka. He remembered it as if there was no time in between this day, and that. This lad was the boy that had caught Grutnokka's Big Choppa when he threw it to the crowd. He asked the lad, "Watcha want yoo runt? I'ze sleepin' too minitz ago! Hoo ar yoo, and waddaya need frum mi?"

The boy replied, "I was hoping you could teach me your fighting style."

Flazebrunk was marveled at this. Not that he wanted to learn, but that this lad spoke the was that the boys in blue did. He didn't like this, at first. However, to learn more about it he decided to bring the lad into his hut, and start training right away. As he brought him in, he looked suspiciously to the darkest parts of the camp. He knew something was wrong.

This is a model I acquired before starting Orks, of which, I happened to have taken a picture of his BP since it was too cool to not do so. It did not include the actual model, as it was unpainted at the time, and the Pole was the only stand-out part of it.

« Last Edit: August 6, 2011, 04:10:39 PM by the_humble_terminator »
IfThe Terminator Series' Skynet would realize something.....

If they send Terminators back in time every time they are about to lose....but instead...they send them to the point at which judgement day occurred...and each time after, send to about 3 months after the time they last received a terminator...The resistance would lose a lot quicker. As the technology would actually be improving too fast for the resistance to react.....The Terminator series would end...and Skynet would have won.

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
Re: Boss Pole Competition- The Humble Terminator's Entry
« Reply #1 on: August 2, 2011, 10:28:46 AM »
I like it...  So, does you warboss fight unarmed still? lol

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #2 on: August 2, 2011, 11:02:55 AM »
Good Stuff, I like how he accidentally killed his opponent with one blow to the head, lol. This will definitly lead to some more stories.

Good work and keep up the good stuff.

"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

• Tankbusta Boy
« Reply #3 on: August 2, 2011, 03:21:20 PM »
I like it...  So, does you warboss fight unarmed still? lol

Adam

Actually, The bosspole is the only part I don't have from the original model. I did not play Orks at the time I aquired this, so the bosspole was not of use. The Warboss part was fitted with two "Power Klaws" which are customized fists from Marneus Calgar's model. I got the idea to make him look like that from this pic online:

My own camera broke a couple of months ago, so I can't get a picture up. Basically, It was made from a Warboss with big Choppa-The GW model. Imagine That model, with the said Bosspole, and The fists from The new Marneus, without the gun on the left arm. I am not up to the painting aspect, so I have not attempted that, yet. what I did extra to the Calgar hands, was that I took four spikes from my chaos, and fitted two onto each side on the back of each hand. They look like he's a wannabe wolverine from 40k....Suits my liking, as I am very interested in the comic era.

If they send Terminators back in time every time they are about to lose....but instead...they send them to the point at which judgement day occurred...and each time after, send to about 3 months after the time they last received a terminator...The resistance would lose a lot quicker. As the technology would actually be improving too fast for the resistance to react.....The Terminator series would end...and Skynet would have won.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #4 on: August 2, 2011, 06:57:00 PM »
There's a couple of things that don't work all that well from the story. A Baneblade isn't an orbital defence weapon. Its shot wouldn't make it to near orbit and the tank wouldn't be able to accurately target an orbital re-entry at that. You also mix and match cannon shot with missile in there as well. Since the vessel was in re-entry when the shot hit the Orks spilled out are too far into the gravity well to spend two years falling back into it. They'd just be toast right there and then. Think Columbia. If the vessel was low enough to get the Storm Boyz out then the other Orks are way to close to do much other than fall/burn/die.

As easy way to fix it is just have a defence laser/torpedo hit the ship which scattered its contents across the area. Far less convoluted with the same net result. You still get your spores germinating along the way.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Mithami

« Reply #5 on: August 2, 2011, 11:10:27 PM »
Cool tale about Flazebrunk, inspires me a little, good work ;D.

• Tankbusta Boy
« Reply #6 on: August 6, 2011, 02:18:11 PM »
There's a couple of things that don't work all that well from the story. A Baneblade isn't an orbital defence weapon. Its shot wouldn't make it to near orbit and the tank wouldn't be able to accurately target an orbital re-entry at that. You also mix and match cannon shot with missile in there as well. Since the vessel was in re-entry when the shot hit the Orks spilled out are too far into the gravity well to spend two years falling back into it. They'd just be toast right there and then. Think Columbia. If the vessel was low enough to get the Storm Boyz out then the other Orks are way to close to do much other than fall/burn/die.

As easy way to fix it is just have a defence laser/torpedo hit the ship which scattered its contents across the area. Far less convoluted with the same net result. You still get your spores germinating along the way.

I can only imagine how big a space hulk is.....being reeled backwards, its length might actually reach to the outward side of the gravitational pull of planet Armageddon...just a thought.....Plus, I thought it would ad more emotion to the story from the beginning....I think it adds more to it than the suggested. I see your point though, however my intentions for writing it thee way I did outweigh the importance of changing it.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2011, 02:38:15 PM by the_humble_terminator »

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
Re: Boss Pole Competition- The Humble Terminator's Entry-WIP
« Reply #7 on: August 6, 2011, 03:15:45 PM »
Your story, you don't have to change anything you don't wish to.

Still, if the Hulk is as large as you're presuming in the above then it couldn't re-enter in the first place without destroying itself and a single shot isn't going to do much of anything to it at all. A bug into my windscreen doesn't make my car explode as an example.
Drink
Knights Tippler

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Gornon

• Emperor's Quill | I... I just don't want to talk about it
  • Ancient
« Reply #8 on: August 6, 2011, 03:51:21 PM »
Couple things.  First, why does no other Imperial notice a gigantic space hulk coming at Armageddon and not do a thing about it?  The Imperials have a massive war-fleet around the planet.  I'm sure they would have done something.  Second, a Baneblade uses solid munitions for its primary gun, so there is no charging it up.  Perhaps you were thinking of the Shadowblade?

being reeled backwards, its length might actually reach to the outward side of the gravitational pull of planet Armageddon

Umm.  Allow me to put it like this, 400 KM above the Earth, the gravity effects the astronaughts get is 90% of Earth Standard.  The Moon is within Earth's gravity pull, that's 382, 260 KM away.  Space Hulks are big, but they are not that big.  Assuming that Armageddon is about Earth's gravity, we'll assume the hulk 400 KM so we can assume it's butt is out of the full strength of Armageddon's gravity and thus, the dead orks can float about a bit in space.  So, you have a 400 KM long space ship slamming into a planet.  Now then, what would a ship like that do so a planet?  Well, in real life, the space object that may have ended the dinosaurs is thought to be about 10 KM long.  In 40k, we have a hijacked factory ship slamming into a planet and altering the landscape of the majority of a whole continent.

Plus, I thought it would ad more emotion to the story from the beginning

I'm sorry it does not.  We don't know who the tank's commander is, we don't know what he looks like, his personality, or even his name.  We only know it's a guy because you used the pronoun 'he'.  I'm sorry, but no one will be invested in that character, and since no one is invested, there is no tension or emotion added by said nameless tank driver.
"Lift not my head from bloody ground,
Bear not my body home,
For all the earth is Roman earth
And I shall die in Rome."
-G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad Of The White Horse

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-Carl von Clausewitz, Prussian Military Theorist

Background Board Poster of the Year, '09

• Tankbusta Boy
« Reply #9 on: August 6, 2011, 04:05:13 PM »
Your story, you don't have to change anything you don't wish to.

Thank you for realizing that!

Also, congrats to those who try to add logic to a futuristic, science FICTION game....

May I ask a few questions though?

If there was a race of humanoids who spawned from the spores on their skin, then how do they bleed? they are basically fungus..right?

Also, if a tank the size of a baneblade wanted to shoot its cannon into the front of an incoming space ship...whose thrusters are in the rear...the shot would actually have more of an impact due to basic physics....much like when a person is running, and if they lean too far forwards, gravity will make them fall, face first, into the ground. So, if you reverse the trajectory of the "Gravity" in the running scenario, and call it a HUGE CANNON, wouldn't it act the  same? Just a thought.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2011, 04:11:27 PM by the_humble_terminator »

Offline Gornon

• Ancient
« Reply #10 on: August 6, 2011, 04:13:53 PM »
Also, congrats to those who try to add logic to a futuristic, science FICTION game....

Also, if a tank the size of a baneblade wanted to shoot its cannon into the front of an incoming space ship...whose thrusters are in the rear...the shot would actually have more of an impact due to basic physics....

In one part of your post you state that logic has no point in Sci-Fi (which I disagree with, but that's besides the point), but the next part of your post you try to use (flawed) logic to justify a somewhat larger than normal tank cannon taking out a 400 KM space ship with one shot.  What's it going to be?  Logic or no logic?  You can't dismiss logic and then promptly use it to justify your own claims.

But then why bother to post if you don't want people to try to help you?  Just post and then lock the thread.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2011, 04:15:45 PM by Gornon »
Bear not my body home,

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-Carl von Clausewitz, Prussian Military Theorist

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 6, 2011, 04:53:23 PM »

Yet we're still able to offer advice to correct your story to something that flows. That's how it works.  ;)

So, if you reverse the trajectory of the "Gravity" in the running scenario, and call it a HUGE CANNON, wouldn't it act the same?

Honestly - no. There's a sense of scale and magnitude you appear to be missing.  Ever watched people with even a basic scientific background keel over laughing at Independence Day and Armageddon? This is like that. There's suspension of disbelief and there's also just plain wrong that doesn't allow any suspension.
Drink
Knights Tippler

Offline Gornon

• Ancient
« Reply #12 on: August 6, 2011, 06:15:55 PM »
Rummy has it right.  Yeah, 40k has all sorts of wacky stuff, but it is set in the Milky Way.  We like to assume natural laws and other science are still intact and make sense.  In other words, that 2+2 will equal 4 until some rent in reality says otherwise. 

Also, to answer your question about what Ork blood is.  It is normal looking blood.  It's a red fluid.  Orks aren't 100% fungus, but 50% animal and 50% fungus.  They still have lungs, teeth, other bones, a brain, ect, and red blood.  Their blood is red because GW bluntly said "Would rather a wounded ork look wounded, or like he dropped his blueberry tart on himself."
Bear not my body home,

Offline Athaga Mor

• Baron von Blueskull
  • Ancient
  • mmm tacos
« Reply #13 on: August 6, 2011, 07:34:14 PM »
i don't have the book on hand but i think the blood is technically green (and foul smelling) - numerous comments in the last Ciaphus Cain novel I read. So "animal with fungus blood"? lol

I'm going to stay out of the rest of this convo - no joy :-X
Athaga Mor
40k - Deathguard CSM, Deathskullz Orks, Daemons, IG Traitors

Current project: painting my new chaos warhound titan

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #14 on: August 7, 2011, 07:32:55 AM »
Also, if a tank the size of a baneblade wanted to shoot its cannon into the front of an incoming space ship...whose thrusters are in the rear...the shot would actually have more of an impact due to basic physics....much like when a person is running, and if they lean too far forwards, gravity will make them fall, face first, into the ground. So, if you reverse the trajectory of the "Gravity" in the running scenario, and call it a HUGE CANNON, wouldn't it act the  same? Just a thought.
Wrong comparison to use there.  Try instead of looking at it this way.  If you stand on railroad tracks with a hunting rifle in your hand.  Let's say a .308 for amphetamine parrots and giggles.  You have a speeding freight train bearing down on you, you fire a bullet at the front of the train.  Do you really think this is going to stop the train?  Remember that space hulks can be about 400 kilometres long.  If you don't know how long that is, it is about 248.55 miles long.

go onto google maps and take a look at just how far that really is.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline khaine

• This happens when I am bored.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Truly Dread
« Reply #15 on: August 7, 2011, 09:21:36 AM »
This is a model I acquired before starting Orks, of which, I happened to have taken a picture of his BP since it was too cool to not do so. It did not include the actual model, as it was unpainted at the time, and the Pole was the only stand-out part of it.

(Image removed from quote.)

Think I've found a pic of the fully painted model for you here, must say I like the paint job.  :)

There's no stopping what can't be stopped, no killing what can't be killed

You can't see the eyes of the demon until him come calling.

This is dread man, truly dread.

"Childhood is when you idolize Batman. Adulthood is when you realize that the Joker makes more sense."

Offline Underhand

• Captain : Godfather of the Hivegangers
« Reply #16 on: August 8, 2011, 06:02:05 AM »
Remember that space hulks can be about 400 kilometres long.  If you don't know how long that is, it is about 248.55 miles long.
Are we sure about this?  I know space hulks are meant to be stupidly big, but that's just ridiculous.  That's a ship the size of Ireland.  An entire planet wouldn't have the resources to build a ship that size.

Offline IainC

• Mad prophet of the Whalepocalypse
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Not Safe For Work
    • Antipwn
  • Armies: Grey Knights
« Reply #17 on: August 8, 2011, 06:06:02 AM »
Remember that in many cases, Space Hulks are many ships accreted together either by the chances of the Warp or by design.
World's first ever Dark Eldar player... Don't be hatin' now.

My wargaming and painting blog

My games industry blog

Offline Underhand

• Captain : Godfather of the Hivegangers
« Reply #18 on: August 8, 2011, 06:13:39 AM »
Yeah, I assume that's most cases - but even so . . . even a hundred ships all stuck together wouldn't be that big.

How many kilometres wide are the largest cities in the world today?  Counting the suburbs, maybe 40 kilometres at the most?  Space ships in 40k might be big, but they aren't on that scale.

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #19 on: August 8, 2011, 08:23:07 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Think I've found a pic of the fully painted model for you here, must say I like the paint job.  :)

Is that your blog Humble Terminator? Its very good.
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014