News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Stacking Bonuses a.k.a. Scorpion Overkill  (Read 1327 times)

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
Stacking Bonuses a.k.a. Scorpion Overkill
« on: October 29, 2017, 10:34:09 PM »
So I saw this in the Eldar Dex and it got me wondering.

If I have multiple different rules that generate extra attacks on a roll of a 6, do they stack?

Karandras has a 6" bubble that allows for extra generation of attacks. There is a stratagem (Supreme disdain) that does the exact same thing.

As a fun Combo, hitting a unit in cover, and with Enhance active will see those attacks triggering on a 4+. Get them in range of a warlord with the Ambush of Blades traits (will trigger also now on a 4+ to have an AP mod) and holy cow.

But can both Karandras and the Stratagem work at the same time? I can't see any reason why not
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
Re: Stacking Bonuses a.k.a. Scorpion Overkill
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 10:14:18 AM »
I don't see a reason for them not to stack, but maybe I'm missing something.
You still need at least Karandras and a warlock as warlord(or say an autarch warlord to re-roll 1's and a warlock) and then both cast enhance and assault a unit in cover and use a stratagem.

That is a lot that needs to happen simultaneously, and it's only as powerful as the psytronome of Iyanden, (because it roughly doubles your number of attacks) albeit there is no mortal wounds suffered from it.

As far as I can tell the Exarch power and Karandras power does stack too right?
So the exarch could then trigger 3 rules at ones, that all grants an extra attack each.
However only one of those extra attacks get the better AP as I interpret it.

While on the subject scorpions, could the blazing star of vaul be fitted onto a scorpions claw?
Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.

Offline admironheart

• later
  • Armies: Eldar,Exodites,Harlequins.Squats,Dark Eldar&BA
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 12:05:55 AM »
So try this to make your opponent choke on his drink.

Cast Doom on the target.
Have Autarch within 6"
Place 1 unit of 24 Ulthwe Storm Guardians all with Chainswords.
Have a Warlock or Conclave cast Enhance on the Storm Guardians.

Charge and Fight and use 1 CP for the Disdain and 1CP for Black Guardians.

You now have 24 models that cost 168 points.
You roll 48 dice to attack. Hitting on 2+ and rerolling 1's
You generate an extra attack on 4+.

Originally you net 40 hits and 24 EXTRA attack dice. Then you reroll the 8 misses and get 4 more EXTRA attack dice and lets say 6 hits. So 46 from the original 48.
Those 28 EXTRA attack dice net you 23 hits and 5 one's WHICH are then rerolled netting another 4 hits.
End result is 73 hits from the Storm Guardians.

Vs T3 opponents you will wound 36 times. DOOM gives you another 18 for a total of 54 saving throws.
Vs T4/T5 opponents you will wound 24 times. DOOM gives you another 16 for a total of 40 saving throws.
Vs T6+ opponents you will wound 12 times. Doom gives you another 10 for a total of 22 saving throws.

Not bad for a 168 point unit that is properly supported.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 12:15:32 AM by admironheart »
"Battles are decided by slaughter and maneuver.  The greater the general, the more he contributes in manuever, the less he demands in slaughter"...Winston Churchill

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 12:08:39 AM »
Unless there is something that says they do not stack, then they will both apply.  GW has even come out and said as much in cases of FNP-esque rules allowing multiple chances at ignoring wounds.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...