News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: United Undivided  (Read 39186 times)

Offline khornack the bloody

• I Love the chaos god khorne
Re: United Undivided
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2010, 07:15:47 AM »
i can see why people favour chaos undivided over a mono god army but tbh i think undivided weakens the csm's and for that reason i use a khorne army that has features of a world eaters army and the basic fluff for my army is that they were the 3rd 4th and 5th company of a legion called the diciples of destruction and when they was sent to fight against tyranids on a far flung world they finally turned to khorne to destroy the nids but then their own brothers turned on them so they destroyed the rest of the chapter and fled to the eye or terror where they now raid other legions bases and slaughter thousands of other csm's but they also slaughter every other race except daemons of khorne

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2010, 07:50:52 AM »
So, are they a renegade force dedicated to Khorne?  If so, why did they end up being devoted to Khorne, rather than another Chaos God?  How did they end up turning to Chaos?  Your very short background entry is very light on detail, and does not seem that convincing as a result I'm afraid.

It just seems as though they went to fight Tyranids, somebody flicked a switch, and they turned to Chaos.  This is not how Marines turn to Chaos at all, so I think that you would benefit from explaining what happened in more depth if you want to create a more profound back story for your renegade force.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Full Metal Geneticist

• Sir Quotesaplenty | No new bastardy suits.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Defender of the Text Wall
    • FMG's Angry Rantings
« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2010, 10:53:50 AM »
It requires more than a bunch of tyranids to turn a legion to chaos. The usual way is a long term corruption that is covered up, or a particularly hierarchical legion making a mistake and fleeing (eg. The Thousand Sons who only embraced chaos after they were left with no choice)

A good example would be the marines either being forced back until they find a shrine that they pray to that gives them the might of the emperor which allows them to butcher the nids. This however turns out to be less the emperor and more Khorne. Or some tainted water (thank you warcraft 3...) Go wild here!

It is pernicious nonsense that feeds into a rising wave of irrationality which threatens to overwhelm the hard-won gains of the Enlightenment and the scientific method. We risk as a society slipping back into a state of magical thinking when made-up science passes for rational discourse. I would compare it to witchcraft but honestly that's insulting to witches.

Offline Ringo

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
  • Armies: Chaos Space Marines and Eldar
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2013, 09:16:45 AM »
Hello there fellow chaos warlords. I guess you can say I am the new kid on the block, building up from 2 Dark Vengence sets worth of chaos to build my army dedicated to the Red Corsairs (and trying to stay with the army theme from Lexicanum based off the current red corsairs fluff and information). So I guess you can add one more tally to the Red Corsairs players.

Failure can be positive, it teaches you what not to do.

Offline Ironhide

• To survive war, you've got to become war.
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Chaos Marines
« Reply #104 on: January 9, 2014, 11:49:59 AM »
I started my Chaos Marine army when GW changed their paints range  and modelled up some Fallen using some Dark Angels Veterans pieces kit bashed with a box of basic Chaos Marines, just so I could compare the new paint range to the previous paints that I had been using and also, for some modelling fun.

Although this was never intended as the start of an army, it has developed that way and I have now got 15 Chaos Marines, 4 bikers, a Terminator Lord and a Sorcerer painted up as Fallen Dark Angels.

To give myself a break from painting Green Power Armour all the time (2 Dark Angels armies?...) I have turned my Chaos army into a Black Crusade of different Chapters/Gods and now also have 12 Khorne Berzerkers, 5 Raptors (in World Eater colours), 10 Cultists and have also started on some Slaaneshi Marines of my own Chapter in my Crusade.

I have noticed that it is lacking in the Heavy Support department, I did buy some Obliterators in the summer, but found that they are a pain to try to transport around as I found the weapons on their arms keep falling off, so I don't bother with them. I do love the Defiler model, so may go for that or a Forgefiend to deal with some HS.

I've only played a couple of games with this army, my bikers get Mark of Khorne, my DA Marines, have used Mark of Nurgle, though I shall be trying all Marks before I settle on one for them.

Kill For Gain Or Shoot To Maim, We Don't Need A Reason. Iron Maiden "2 Minutes To Midnight"

Offline scruffydog

• Newest
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2015, 04:52:39 AM »
So after a 2-3 year break (I'd barely started tbh) I finally returned to 40k and started putting my Word Bearer army together.

And then I look over the Codex and discover that Chaos Undivided doesn't seem to exist anymore...

What's the deal?

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2015, 05:15:59 AM »
It does exist, you just don't have a Mark of Chaos Undivided any more.  Just avoid giving Marks of Chaos to your squads if want to have purely undivided force.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente