News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: BattleTech  (Read 11504 times)

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
Re: BattleTech
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2018, 01:52:26 PM »
Panzyr was a pain in the arse as the APCs are ridiculously fast and armoured. It wasn't till I realised you could block the two gates with a standing mech that the mission turned out to be a doddle.

Captured Highlanders later on only have an AC 10, lostech and all that.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2018, 02:43:06 PM »
I sacrificed the wounded because I was running all heavy / assault and had no way to make it there in the two turns after they dropped while also defending the main objective.

As for later highlanders not having gauss, that's fine.  Just slap an AC20 on them instead lol
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2018, 03:20:00 PM »
I have. That's what made the last mission such fun. Three AC-20+++ and a Gauss Rifle along with copious LRM 20+++ makes short work of must things. Add precision aim and the evil villainess was dead before she'd finished her monologuing.
Drink
Knights Tippler

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2018, 10:05:12 PM »
This game is such a beslubbering tease lol.

"Our scans indicate a very heavy mech at this planet.  It's going to be a trap, but let's see what happens!"

Arrive at the primary mission objective, and it is an 80t PPC carrier. *Facepalm* lol

What I'm still trying to wrap my head around is how is something like that 80t, when it is about the size of a mech's foot and they are only 60t.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2018, 11:05:11 PM »
Happens a lot. Disgustingly easy to kill and then mop up the support lance(s). Think of it as easy money.
Drink
Knights Tippler

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2018, 11:53:52 PM »
I don't want easy money.  I want good mechs to salvage lol
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2018, 11:30:20 AM »
Then you need the assassination missions. Usually a heavy/assault mech involved with those once you've got some of your own. Border worlds have a few of them pop up. Hang around the Fed Suns and you'll snag a Victor easily enough. A "we don't have a claim on this world but the nobles have requested help" mission had a poorly supported King Crab begging to be kneecapped.
Drink
Knights Tippler

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2018, 07:42:46 PM »
Some DLC coming down the pipe later in the year. New mission types, chained missions, and new mechs - Hatchetman and Cyclops.
Drink
Knights Tippler

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2018, 04:42:18 PM »
I still haven't gotten around to buying this game yet, feels bad :P. Buuut, I think I will be picking it up if there is a bundle for the vanilla game and the Flashpoint DLC. I think the idea of Jungle biome is pretty interesting for a Mech-Oriented game to visit, so I'm keen to try it out.

I've a friend who loves Battletech and we looked over a couple of the Mech Designs. I think the King Crab looks incredibly awesome, along with the Atlas too.

So how the Light Class mechs in this game? Are they still viable in the later game or must you abandon them for higher tonnage mechs to survive?
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2018, 04:53:33 PM »
You only ever get four mechs for each mission so you have to maintain your weight/power advantage. Taking a light mech in the later stages means you're sacrificing durability and return firepower. The AI isn't superb but it will score enough hits on your light mech to take it out rather swiftly.
Drink
Knights Tippler

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2018, 05:17:37 PM »
The only light mech I ever really considered running in the late game was the Firestarter (I think that's the name).  Anyways, you load it down with 6 flame throwers and have it just burn up the enemy!  It actually scored a kill against a Heavy mech for me in one game.
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: December 2, 2018, 09:26:50 PM »
First DLC does a lot of rebalancing. They've rejiggered the skill set and cover actually does something now. Some skill and standing in trees can mean 60% damage reduction. Mechs are more survivable and moving around cover means more than a hit modifier.
Drink
Knights Tippler

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #72 on: December 2, 2018, 09:39:50 PM »
I've been looking at the laundry list of games that I intended to finish or play, but never did. Battletech, Dishonored 2, DOOM, and a host of PS4 games are now on my list lol. I think I'll pick up Battletech in the steam winter sale.

How is the sandbox mode and new jungle environments?
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: December 2, 2018, 10:39:08 PM »
Dishonored 2 is a whole lot of fun. I haven't played the DLC yet. Haven't done sandbox with BT so far, started a new campaign instead to dip the toes in.
Drink
Knights Tippler