News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: kroot Mercs Question  (Read 330 times)

Offline Legacy40k

• I'm a llama!
kroot Mercs Question
« on: April 12, 2003, 11:45:21 PM »
Allrighty, I know I cant go asking for rules and such here so I wont. But I can get people to check if I am right.

I allready have a bunch of Kroot mercs built but I lost the White Dwarf that has them in it!

Could somebody tell me which WD it is and whats on the cover?

Ive been through all my white dwarfs and cant seem to find it! Arg!!!! so annoying.

I realize that Chapter approved 2003 also has them in it.. but my local store sold the 1 copy they had before I had a change to buy it.. arg again!

Anyways.   Just to double check so I can make up some possible lists.   Kroot Carnivores are 8pts per model and come in squads of 5-10 and must have a shaper for +21 pts?  

I dont plan on using the shaper to upgrade their armour or give him a better weapon.

If somebody could just tell me if I am right, or whats wrong, that would be great so I can make some lists in the mean time.. till I can either find my WD or buy the book with them.

Legacy40k

Seer Questel

Re:kroot Mercs Question
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2003, 12:31:14 AM »
Aussie WD 266,
had a silver helm on the cover.

10 is the min squad size though..........

Offline pathfinder

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • army funded with lotto winnings since 1996
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2003, 07:01:45 AM »
chapter approved 2003  ;D

Offline Koonitz

• Ignorance is your greatest enemy
  • Ancient
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2003, 08:02:37 AM »
Legacy, don't post rules like that (You posted points costs and squad size stats for the Kroot).
"I like to think of this lovely place as my home. Now you wouldn't even think about upsetting me in my home, would you? Of course you wouldn't. So do what I say, when I say, and I won't get upset. I do bad things when I'm upset."
-Drill Instructor, MechWarrior 2

"It is not my responsibility to prove you are wrong. It is your responsibility to prove you are right."
-Koonitz

"The next time you decide to stab me in the back, have the guts to do it to my face."
- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Legacy40k

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2003, 10:15:59 AM »
I wasnt posting any rules, nor was I asking for any!

Now if I was asking for or stating the equipment options or kroot special rules, then sure, I could see you being upset, or even stat lines.

But posting squad sizes and points per model? Comon!  First off, I was wrong on the squad size.  Secondly, its not as if its a huge deal,  most of the races in 40k have their points per model and unit sizes in the rule book, and in most cases, only special rules and equipment changed for the Codex.

Next.  Every time anybody posts an army list for review, it has squad sizes and points costs.  So based on what you said,  that should stop, because not only it gives those "rules" but many more including upgrades.

Anyways, my intent is not to start a flame war, so lets leave it at that.