News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Tau! Should we help them or kill them?  (Read 14919 times)

Offline The Bladesinger

• Foul-mouthed Monkeigh - BANNED
  • Real eyes realize real lies
    • Project Starfall
Re:The Tau! Should we help them or kill them?
« Reply #20 on: October 4, 2003, 08:00:50 AM »
The Tau would make an excellent ally, easy to manipulate with their extreme naivety.

BANNED for excessive use of foul language.

Offline Little Black Riding Hood

• Wrath of the Tyrant...
« Reply #21 on: October 4, 2003, 08:27:56 AM »
the tau know not of our great psychic ability, all they have is the ability to raise technology fast, they are not an ally, they are a tool, our race will prosper once more and they are the ones that we will use to regain our former strength

yes the Emperor would not need his throne with our spirit matrix, though we would need to build something special, would we allow such a mon-keigh to touch the great works of our kin? no! we make sure he is kept seperate for our own purposes!
feeding off souls is despicable, he is no better than slaanesh!
"The elder among the men looked deep into The fire and spoke loud with pride, tomorrow is a fine day to die" - Bathory
"Forever wilt I bleed for Thee. Forever wilt I praise Thy dreaded name. Forever wilt I serve Thee. Thou shalt forever prevail. Inno a Satana." - Emperor
"Symbolical and sheeting in an eclectic manner, institutional monotheism holds the banner, martial and creed, you think they will provide anything you need?" - Zyklon

Offline Culeagh

• I am.... Menshad Korum
« Reply #22 on: October 4, 2003, 10:25:48 AM »
Do not let your arrogance destroy these aliens without cause!

The Tau have not proven themselves to be Mon-Keigh. No Exodite Worlds have cried out to my ears for deliverence, they do not threaten our trade routes. Indeed they have proven themselves to be most forthcoming and honorable, even if they are naive.
But if ever they do threaten us and what is ours, the Swordwind shall fall upon them and there will be no mercy. This is the fate of all usurpers to the Eldar. Inherent value of any race can not change this necessity.

You will forgive me for being so pragmatic. The Tau hold for us at least two possibilities, both of which provide us with benefits.

First, the Tau can be manipulated like any other race. They are young and impressionable and are awed by farsight and portent. They are a tool in this regard and as useful as any other race.

Secondly and most importantly, in the event of  'setbacks' the Greater Good can provide sanctuary for the Eldar people until such a time as we can stand on our own once more. This is my greatest aspiration for them, that they might save us.

Happy Hunting
You will all die.

Offline Sildani

• Practice is the best teacher. - Publilius Syrus
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #23 on: October 4, 2003, 11:10:40 AM »
Is that a modified version of what Elrond says to Gandalf in the Fellowship, or what?

What. But that scene was going through my head as I wrote that, and I wanted the reader to "be there". I guess I suceeded.  ;D

I think our fates, and those of the Tau, are linked. That is why we have gifted them some of our technology. They are the only other race whose philosophy and goals are even somewhat similar to our own, and who are open-minded enough to possibly accept our guidance. We are sorely pressed by the Imperium, the Necrons, Chaos, and our own twisted kin. We need all the allies we can get.
Those who know how to win are far more numerous than those who know how to make proper use of their victories. - Polybius

What though the field be lost?
All is not lost; th' unconquerable will,
And study of revenge, immortal hate,
And courage never to submit or yield.
- John Milton

• Wrath of the Tyrant...
« Reply #24 on: October 4, 2003, 03:34:06 PM »
a race that takes 3,000 years to achieve what we took 3, 000, 000 without any outside help apart from our own? that is too much of a risk to us, there is something else there, something... sinister
"The elder among the men looked deep into The fire and spoke loud with pride, tomorrow is a fine day to die" - Bathory
"Forever wilt I bleed for Thee. Forever wilt I praise Thy dreaded name. Forever wilt I serve Thee. Thou shalt forever prevail. Inno a Satana." - Emperor
"Symbolical and sheeting in an eclectic manner, institutional monotheism holds the banner, martial and creed, you think they will provide anything you need?" - Zyklon

Offline TheMightyPikachu

• Pi-Ka-Chu!
  • Ancient
  • The Mightiest
« Reply #25 on: October 4, 2003, 05:20:53 PM »
a race that takes 3,000 years to achieve what we took 3, 000, 000 without any outside help apart from our own? that is too much of a risk to us, there is something else there, something... sinister

really, what's so super amazing about tau achievement?

they're still super duper behind the eldar

it's just game balance that they've got nice stuff (like how it's game balance that an ork Big shoota is completely superior to the megaadvanced tau burst cannon :D )
www.andylc.deviantart.com
did you know I can draw?

Offline Rev. George

• Armies: Eldar
« Reply #26 on: October 4, 2003, 08:25:26 PM »

unfortunately the truth of the matter is that most of our great technology was perfected during the time before the fall, when we grew without limit. Since that time, we have only gained a few technologies.

Lost are many of the histories of how we became what we are now. We too may have gained our level of power in 3 thousand years. and if not, that's still not a fair comparison, for our situations were not the same. they, at an ealy stage in thier culture waged war upon one another, and that feeds technological advance.

-+G

Offline blood

• Fetch me a drink peasant!
« Reply #27 on: October 5, 2003, 03:59:29 AM »
The greater good is an ideology not a C'tan, a god, a supreme being or anything like that. It's like a patriotism to the tau empire (much like the patriotism you might have for your country).

The Tau and the Eldar could live in harmony in the one empire. remember the Eldar and the Tau are not xenophobic like the Imperium apparently. seriosly what's the problem with an empire that has both Tau and Eldar?

Anyone ever seen Star Trek? Humans and aliens live in harmony there.

War is my meat. Terror is my wine.

Offline Russian Ninja

• I don't want to hurt you, I just want to kill you
« Reply #28 on: October 5, 2003, 04:24:00 AM »
Well put it this way. Would you rather shoot the Tau, or would you rather have them shoot your enemies. We've already got so many enemies, an ally or at the very least, a meat shield, wouldn't hurt.

The Key to victory is to use cheep tactics, unfair units and attack in overwhelming numbers at your enemy's weakest point.

Whenever in doubt, destroy everything.

• Wrath of the Tyrant...
« Reply #29 on: October 5, 2003, 05:28:11 AM »
very well, these puppets may serve us well, we could give them a greater good... our own! let them see how we are in our ways and let us... trade technologies, though those kroot creatures will not be so hard to ally with, being mercenaries perhaps they can be used to accompany the rangers and give them targets.
Yme-Loc craftworld has reported that the tau spend time fighting orks, we have no business with the orks, they do not have what it takes to defeat us, we have much more dangerous challenges to take on, if we defeat the orks and show the tau we fight for a cause as good as theirs, they want to unite races, so let us unite, though i will not be second to an blue faced alien

Offline Shadowmancer

• The Shadow hides all secrets...
« Reply #30 on: October 5, 2003, 06:03:02 AM »
Yeah.... exept for the fact that the orks are one of the most common exodite killers... thousands been have wiped from the matirial plain into the hord embrace of slaanesh without care by the tides of orks that plauge the universe.

If the Tau can wipe out the orks, then that's one less threat to the exodites, from which we shall be reborn...
Aaack! Get that ordanence marker away from my banshees!!!

Excesive sensuality can erode the mind almost as fast as excesive drinking can. It's not as hard on your liver, though.

Shadow is not good or evil. It is a tool, and the way it is wielded is up to the one using it.

• Wrath of the Tyrant...
« Reply #31 on: October 5, 2003, 08:46:14 AM »
the exodites are those also in need on enlightenment, they are not far from mon-keigh standards, they would have no problems if they were in a craftworld, do we pity our dark kin for inflicting pain upon themselves?

Offline Rev. George

• Armies: Eldar
« Reply #32 on: October 5, 2003, 12:01:00 PM »
thousands been have wiped from the matirial plain into the hord embrace of slaanesh without care by the tides of orks that plauge the universe.

Not quite. As you should be aware, the souls of the exodites join with the world spirit of thier planet.

-+G

Offline Colonel Tangerine

• Proliferate Capitalism
    • The Weekly
« Reply #33 on: October 5, 2003, 05:12:42 PM »
the exodites are those also in need on enlightenment, they are not far from mon-keigh standards, they would have no problems if they were in a craftworld, do we pity our dark kin for inflicting pain upon themselves?

The exodites fully understand the technology we use, they simply choose a simpler existince, remembering that an overabundance of ease lead to our downfall

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

I miss EO.

• Wrath of the Tyrant...
« Reply #34 on: October 5, 2003, 05:17:41 PM »
thats not the point!  :P

Offline Shadowmancer

• The Shadow hides all secrets...
« Reply #35 on: October 5, 2003, 09:01:27 PM »
On the Exodites World Spirit, the wraithbone conducts that give entry/exit to the spirtis of the dead have to be rejuvinated farely often (I think it's about one year) or else the borders will weaken and Slaanesh will be able to assault and enter the Worldspirit, feasting on the helpless sould that riside in there. Besides, if they're all dead, who'll be their to put the spirit stones into the worldspirt?
Aaack! Get that ordanence marker away from my banshees!!!

Excesive sensuality can erode the mind almost as fast as excesive drinking can. It's not as hard on your liver, though.

Shadow is not good or evil. It is a tool, and the way it is wielded is up to the one using it.

Offline Witch King

• Another day, Another body...
« Reply #36 on: October 6, 2003, 02:03:03 AM »
 Besides, if they're all dead, who'll be their to put the spirit stones into the worldspirt?
Good Point.
About the Tau,
Voice of the warrior - "Eradicate Them!"
Voice of the Seer - "Since the Fall countless upstart races of risen trying to take control of what is rightfully ours, the Galaxy. Humans bring destruction to worlds, wiping out whole Craftworlds and Exodite worlds in their "Right to Rule", the Orks plague the galaxy, they are lke vermin and like vermin should be destroyed.
The servants of the dark gods are vomited from the hell we created intent on destroying and inslaving all that is outside, fortunantly they are mostly interested in the destruction of the Empire biult by the weak seer the humans worship.
The C'tan have risen and are once more wishing to destroy us.
The Tau however are young and naive, they do not understand the peril they are now in. What is disturbing is that they have mastered technology in some cases surpassing our own. I'f they would be allowed to evolve further they may grow so powerful that they may start to defy our will and conquer our Maiden worlds.
We must destroy them now while we are still stronger, or we will perish."

"We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."

Malekith, The Witch King of Naggaroth

Offline The__Farseer

• There is no saftey in numbers.....
« Reply #37 on: October 6, 2003, 04:20:43 AM »
As a Beil Tann player I say: touch my exodite worlds
                                           Ill touch your neck
                                           WITH A CHAIN SWORD!!!

Kill the blue freaks

As the noble exarch lord says "Kill the blue freeks", and coz i rep the Eldar on aftermath doesnt mean that i want them around FOREVER!

Offline Faithruir

• I'm suposed to say the Avatar isn't my own work.
« Reply #38 on: October 6, 2003, 07:20:20 AM »
Well, well, quite the little conversation we've got going here... far better than the arguments over Conceal...

I ahve to say I'm impressed with the knowledge we all seem to have on the subject of the Exodites, but as a Biel-Tan player, I should point out, unequivically, that the Exodites are nothing like the foul mon-keigh.
An Eldar is an Eldar, and the Tau's callous expansion threatens those Eldar. We cannot allow that, for when the time comes to overthrow the weak Imperium of Man (the words stick in my throat like the flem these creatures hack up when they speak), the Exodite worlds will be the staging points.

Our empire will rise again!
Like Harry Potter? Like writing? Why not check out http://entrhogwarts.suddenlaunch2.com/index.cgi?

Offline The__Farseer

• There is no saftey in numbers.....
« Reply #39 on: October 6, 2003, 11:09:28 AM »
People see my theory about the fate of the Eldar "Ynnead the god of the dead".

As for the Tau- some people say- we can live together, but the mon-keigh contoled an area of space, the Tau wanted it, the mon-keigh would not surrender it and the Tau took it- there not as nice as people think. If they want something theyl take it!

BUT IN THE SHORT TERM THEY WILL MAKE VERY GOOD ALLIES ;D