News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Hellhammer and Assassins, How to fill in the gaps - 1850  (Read 1665 times)

Offline Halollet

• My halo grew a mullet...
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Guard, Sisters, Tau, & Tyranids
Hellhammer and Assassins, How to fill in the gaps - 1850
« on: June 24, 2015, 01:50:37 AM »
I had a game with Spectral Arbor the other day and we were tossing ideas around for the guard.

Talked about what I had and told him how cool assassins are and he came up with a guard army that's after all that oil.  Operation desert storm!

All 4 assassin in the executioner formation, hellhammer, and 2 deathstrikes.  Just long range death and assassins to kill the man on top.  Mind you,  that's 1480 points and I usually play 1850 so only having 370 points for an hq and 2 troops is cutting it a little tight.

So I'm trying to figure out the best way to fill in the gaps.  Whether to take 2, or 1, or 0 deathstikes and how to play the rest of the guard army.  I unfortunately don't have any other tanks available to me, so I'll just be running infantry.

The best idea that I've had thus far is MSU running around claiming objectives.  The assassins and hellhammer will do most of the work and the guard just has to pick of the stragglers and still have something left alive in the right spot at the end of the game.

I'm open to other ideas though! :)
One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside of his experience as being impossible.