News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ravenwing battle force  (Read 926 times)

Offline Ends_Mouth

• By using the steaming piles of their own dead...
Ravenwing battle force
« on: January 4, 2010, 03:38:19 AM »
I think i'm posting in the right place, if not could someone please redirect me?

Anyways, i was wondering about the Ravenwing battle force kid, do the bikes and riders come with the option NOT to use the Dark Angels bits, like the winged gubbinz and the monk riders?

Offline SeriousCallersOnly

• Brother Sergeant
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • This is not a Space Marine
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Tyranids
Re: Ravenwing battle force
« Reply #1 on: January 4, 2010, 06:34:18 AM »
No, you would need to get hold of the regular handlebar-cowling bit. The RW box only has the winged ones. Everything else is just stick on though.

Offline uriël1978

• Time for a beer
« Reply #2 on: January 4, 2010, 07:40:42 AM »
That is not correct. You do not have to use the DA bits at all. All the components to make regular bikes, a regular attackbike and a normal landspeeder are included in the set. All the DA/RW specific bits like the wings, the angels, winged sword emblems and robed bodies are included on seperate DA upgrade sprues leaving you with the choice to either use them or not. You can make all the bikes, the attack bike and the speeder without having to use a single DA thing.
Click on the eggs and hatchlings

Offline Ends_Mouth

« Reply #3 on: January 5, 2010, 04:33:09 AM »
I hope so, because i'm soon going to find out! It'll make building this White Scars army much cheaper. $69au for 3 bikes is rediculous, but hey if this box works out, i'm getting an attack bike and a landspeeder for free.

Offline GoofyCommy

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 01:35:36 PM »
It does work out well indeed.  I have bought the box sets and it is 7 bike sprues, 1 attack bike sidecar sprue, 2 landspeeder sprues (to make 1 speeder) and 3 dark angels ravenwing sprues.  I love the robed riders - they make great sergeants that stand out from the squad.  "Which one's the sergeant?  The robed one."

Offline Ends_Mouth

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 08:03:20 AM »
Wicked. A definate buy then. And maybe i can figure something out with the ravenwing sprue.