News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Community Regiment  (Read 4789 times)

Offline Dark Falz teh 2nd

• My intangibility prevents me from my goal: pie...
Re:Community Regiment
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2003, 08:24:19 AM »
Hey! This sounds like a great idea! I'd be up for throwing my regiment into a hodge-podge army of sorts. I have just started putting together my army...mostly drop troops with a good helping of Colonal Shaffer! (The 13th legion has joined the 750th Omega drop Corps to fulfill yet another suicide mission no doubt!) ;D
KMFDM...a world of obscurity, change and reflection.

Join the Fear Factory Online Squad! http://ut.netmusicpromotions.com/dn5a181021azh.html

Offline Uzzy

• Long Fang | I argue as no-one cares
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Major Badass
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2003, 01:46:10 PM »
Woohoo thanks Commissar Kommandant Chew, some one who's up for it.

I personally think that a crusade against the Tau would be a good starting point for our community regiment. We could even have the Ordos Xenos in it.

Offline Corax

• Commissar, Best Painted Guardsmen
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Political Emissary
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2003, 07:44:47 PM »
Right so whats the deal with the crusade i need a bit of clarification?

if your talking about combining forces under grim, then how is that different to the armies section of his site?
Is the difference that it will actually do something? if so how will that work. Are we to beat up on the tau/ork/nid etc boards?

This doesn’t make much sense to me, as far as i'm aware a fair few regiments from this board are combined in the EoT campaign (although i'm not) so how do you explain the movements of so many regiments? especially if the EoT is the make or Break sector of the galaxy?

so many questions need clarification
But anyway it intrigues me and i'll be up for it.
My Traitor Guard Blog

Recedite, plebes! Gero rem Imperialem!

tsalonich

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2003, 02:28:30 PM »
This was just a suggestion.  If people are not interested in creating a Community Crusading Force, then no one is forcing you to.  

One reason I think it is a good idea, is for creating a community beyond just the internet.  Imagine if you will several memebers of the community going to games day with similarly painted armies or with a crusade badge on their figs from the same army.  I think that would be very interesting.

It also gives us a chance to add detail and fluff to armies that might interest other players to start collecting IG.  If I've heard it once, I've heard it too many times "Why don't more people play guard?"  Here is your opportunity to showcase your abilities and maybe draw more people into the IG fold.  

Offline Field Marshall Duke Umarth Morte

• I love the smell of roasting Bugs in the morning!
  • Armies: Imperial Guard and Chaos Space Marines
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2003, 02:36:25 PM »
What about resurecting the 40th corps? For those who don't know, that was us in EOT hence the reason for my big title, as commander of The Mechanized forces, Gribb was my XO if I remember correctly.......
What is the terror of death? That we die with our work incomplete. What is the joy of life? To die knowing our task is complete!!

We are the future the 21st century
Dyslexic, glue sniffing cyber sluts
With homicidal minds and handguns

Offline Insidious Heresy

• General, Hero of Medusa V
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2003, 06:41:12 PM »
Starting up the 40th Korps would be the best starting... already has about 25+ armies on the force org. chart and already has some fluff around it with which to expand for this purpose.  I will dig through my computer and try and find the org. chart that we had worked out for it. (strange thing is I was going through some old papers around the computer a couple days ago and I found the original army chart for the Corps.... only had 10 people on it....)

Offline Karl Eller

• OMG Laserguns!, Colonel-Commissar
  • Ancient
  • This is madness?! THIS IS LINUX!!!
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2003, 06:47:17 PM »
Which ever way you do it, you can count the 5th Descott Guard in.

Will we be having a badge for this regiment? something easy to paint? I'm currently  without an army badge on my guardsmen, so I have  the space to put the  regiment badge in.
"Explain how bad this turbulence will be"
"Oh god! Oh god! We're going to die"
"*over the intercom* Uh, this is your captain speaking, we're going to experience a few minor bumps, then uh... crash!"

tsalonich

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2003, 06:58:06 PM »
We could always design a badge and have water slide transfers made.  There are several companies online that sell the material to create your own water transfers.  

Once the army is up and running, we could probably take up a collection to have these printed up and sent out.  It would probably only be a couple of dollars each to print up enough transfers for everyones regiment.  We would then just have to mail them out to all the members of the army.

Offline TheCol.

• Princess Patricias Light Canadian Infantry
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2003, 07:04:03 PM »
I pledge the First Orios to the crusade.

Praise the Emperor
First they came for the Jew's,
but I did not speak up because i was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Protestants,
but I did not speak up because i was not a protestant.

Then they came for me,
and there was no one left to speak up for me.

Offline Cutlass442

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • American Muscle
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2003, 07:04:15 PM »
and we would pay of course!

but make sure that is isn't so personalized

like don't say "community regiment" or something

because i would like to put it on more than one of my regiments...

Offline Karl Eller

• Ancient
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2003, 07:10:26 PM »
I don't really like transfers as they are alot of hassle, and get scratched off easily, unless you put protective stuff on 'em, which often makes that sholder look really glossy while the rest of the model isn't.
"*over the intercom* Uh, this is your captain speaking, we're going to experience a few minor bumps, then uh... crash!"

Offline Cutlass442

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • American Muscle
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2003, 08:15:08 PM »
this is off topic, but Karl, why do you always have a picture of a different gun and a short discription of it?

Offline Karl Eller

• Ancient
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2003, 08:22:14 PM »
this is off topic, but Karl, why do you always have a picture of a different gun and a short discription of it?
I am educating the nerds on the correct use and history of various fire arms.

Offline Cutlass442

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • American Muscle
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2003, 08:28:34 PM »
hmm that is nice

i do see alot of smart-asses passing themselves off as gun gurus (not me)

frankly, i don't care much about guns, besides

the M16-A2-203, or the M-40-A1

my favorites, becuase they both have a unique history and live up to their reputation

Offline Narvlen

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2003, 08:34:18 PM »
First off , I don't like the Idea of a Community Regiment ,
Though I do like Gribs Idea of Having each member Take a Picture of there Army (Shrink it) and put them all to gather .

Secondly , the Desert eagle is not that rare of a gun nor unknown by many it is infamous and synonymous with names like Cougar Magnum , ...
Keller do a Thing on the M .60 , ;)
Arguing Online like competing in the special Olympics

Member of League of 18 Tactician- Mechanized

" We Will let the Dice Decide "

Member of the prestigious 40k.ca commissariate

4K Cadian 33rd Ranger Division
4k Ork Army "wu-tang Clan"
2k Witchhunter

http://commissar.proboards22.com/index.cgi

Offline Karl Eller

• Ancient
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2003, 08:44:04 PM »
hmm that is nice

my favorites, becuase they both have a unique history and live up to their reputation
Damn man, you need to lighten up a bit. I was just mucking around. Besides, the HK G36 is a better assault rifle than the M16 ;) But, I won't get into a big fight with you over it.
I just like guns, and I decided to put a pic of a gun and a short description every coulple of days or so. I didn't know it would offend anyone.

Narvlen, as for the M-60... it's a possiblity...
Edit: On second thoughts, I won't. I don't like crappy un-reliable guns that break all the time :P (and yes, the M-60 is a crappy unreliable gun that breaks all the time)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2003, 08:48:46 PM by Karl Eller »

Offline Narvlen

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2003, 08:52:30 PM »
Explain ,  :P

It a Current United States Military Issue Gun ,
126 Rounds Per Min (not to mention they leave a apple
size hole in anything)  
Arguing Online like competing in the special Olympics

Member of League of 18 Tactician- Mechanized

" We Will let the Dice Decide "

Member of the prestigious 40k.ca commissariate

4K Cadian 33rd Ranger Division
4k Ork Army "wu-tang Clan"
2k Witchhunter

http://commissar.proboards22.com/index.cgi

Offline Cutlass442

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • American Muscle
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2003, 09:00:13 PM »
hmm that is nice

Damn man, you need to lighten up a bit. I was just mucking around. Besides, the HK G36 is a better assault rifle than the M16 ;) But, I won't get into a big fight with you over it.
I just like guns, and I decided to put a pic of a gun and a short description every coulple of days or so. I didn't know it would offend anyone.

Narvlen, as for the M-60... it's a possiblity...
Edit: On second thoughts, I won't. I don't like crappy un-reliable guns that break all the time :P (and yes, the M-60 is a crappy unreliable gun that breaks all the time)

yo man, i never said how "Good" the M-16 is
i just like the gun and the controversy it faced in vietnam, and how it is still effective to this day

then again the one in vietnam had full auto, and i think it used ball powder, no?  and i think it was the A-1

i agree, M-60 is nearing the chopping block

Offline Karl Eller

• Ancient
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2003, 09:01:15 PM »
M60 was barely adequate to its intended mission, and has some drawbacks: the bipods and the gas chamber were permanently attached to the barrel, so qiuick replacement of the hot barrel in the battle conditions was 'tricky' at least, and required the shooter to wear heat-protecting gloves. The barrel should be changed after 200 rounds of the rapid fire. Another drawback (at least, it is known from my sources) was fragility of many of the parts in the operating group. Key among these, and inherent in the design, was the firing pin, which seemed almost guaranteed to break right behind the forward shoulder. The total acceptance troops of the M60 was not too good.

But it turned even worse when new, lightened variant of the M60, called M60E3, was introduced. The only positive thing that could be said about M60E3 is that it has non-removable gas chamber that beared the non-removavle bipods, and the new barrel had the carrying handle that also was used to replace the barrel. The "lightening" of the construction dramaticlay decreased the reliability of the gun. The new, light barrel was capable of no more than 100 rounds in rapid fire. 200-300 rounds of the rapid fire without replacing the barrel could simply destroy the barrel. The reliability of the M60E3, used by US MC, was even worse than of original M60, and one of the main reasons the US MC adopted FM MAGs as M240D was wery poor acceptance of the M60E3's among the troops.

Basically a shortened version of that: The triggar breaks easily, you have to replace the barrel after every couple of hundred rounds or so, which is very hard, and in order to do that you have to wear heat-resistand gloves.

Offline Cutlass442

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • American Muscle
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2003, 09:07:35 PM »
2 things

1. the picture you got of the helo minigun, is that a huey from the u.s. navy seawolves?  i had an uncle who worked at their base in vietnam.

2. do you work for H&K?  you seem to like their models alot, as i am not so familiar with them