News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Another NooB needing help with a new list.  (Read 574 times)

Offline "T"

Another NooB needing help with a new list.
« on: September 14, 2005, 06:48:45 AM »
Hey all, another Noob needing help with a Nid list. I'll be encountering misc species in tournaments and just want to not get slaughtered. SO it's a 1000 pointer army with a mix.

HQ
Hive Tyrant c/w Venom Cannon,sything talons,adrenal glands (I), toxin sacs, Psychic scream, enhanced sences.
Tyrant guard

Heavy support
Carnifex c/w venom cannon, sything talons, extended carpace,

Zoanthrope c/w warp Blast, psychic scream.

Elites
Warriors all, c/w enhanced sences, adrenal glands, toxin sacs
Warrior #1 sything talons, barbed strangler
Warrior #2 sything talons, death spitter
Warrior #3 sything talons, rending claws

Troops
3 ripper swarms (Vanilla)
16 hormagaunts (no extras)
26 Termegaunts (fleshborers)
8 genestealers

I wanted to be more on the shooty side since my buddies don't like to move but just pummel at a distance. Mostly SM players need i say more. is there anything i should dump? or pick up..

Thanks in advance

Offline CreepyCrawly

• The user formerly known as Guard 53
Re: Another NooB needing help with a new list.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 05:30:44 PM »
in this small of points, I would take out the tyrant and fex and go for more mid size crearutes like raveners and broodlord for hq
also, the rippers are a lot slower then the rest of the creatures, so they lag behind. I suggest you take 'em off
"Kill fifty guants, or one carnifex, or else we can't go back to camp, this'll be hard."

"No it wont, there's one right there"

"He, this'll be easy, it one has one eye...."

Join the 40konline campaign, Siege of Quatros
http://www.40konline.com/mos/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=714&topic=107616.0;topicseen

Offline Teskos

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Another NooB needing help with a new list.
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 04:31:30 PM »
I agree with taking the Rippers out.

If you decide to keep the tyrant and the carnifex, give them both a second ranged weapon.  As Monstrous Creatures, they may fire two ranged weapons during the shooting phase.  Besides, considering you'll fight a large number of "shooter" SMurfs, your carnifex will never make it into CC.  Also, if you give these two a second ranged weapon, you can drop the Zoanthrope.  While the Zoanthrope's ranged attacks might be more tempting, remember they have a much shorter range; so drop it and use the points for additional weapons--specifically for Barbed Stranglers.

Your Warriors: I'd drop the either the rending claws or scything talons in favor of another Deathspitter (best option imho) or another ranged weapon.  This will give your Warriors more punch as they make there way toward the enemy.

Troops:  So far, if you drop the Scything Talons off your fex, tyrant, and warrior, drop the Zoanthrope and the Rippers, you have gained 115 points.  If you pick up the Barbed Strangler for your tyrant & carnifex, Deathspitter for the warrior, you've spent 50 points, leaving you with 65 more points of gaunts to play with.  I think 1 brood of Stealers is nice, but i'd spend any additional points on more gaunts; you have the potential to get many more models on the board, and I suggest you do so.   

Your Carnifex:  You may find the the extra wound from Reinforced Chitin pays off more than Extended Carapace.  Considering the low point total (1000), I'm not sure how many AP2 and AP3 weapons you'll face.  If you face alot of AP2 weapons, then Extended Carapace is useless, so pick up the extra wound and spend the extra 10 points on Gaunts.  If you don't think you'll face many AP2's then it might be worth it.  I personally would take Reinforced Chitin regardless, but that's just personal preference.

Anyhow, hope this helps.  Good luck.