News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Starting Exodites  (Read 3386 times)

Offline Slytherin

• And tonight I unleash Hell!
    • http://lexosnightmare.blogspot.com/
Starting Exodites
« on: July 1, 2010, 04:22:35 PM »
Hi guys,
been looking into playing eldar for while and thought first at saim hann.

But felt that they were over played so loooked into a unique style of playing using the

eldar codex for my exodites having:

jetbikes- dark elves cold ones

grav tanks- high elf dragon

lot of conversion work.
 would like to know if people would be happy enough to play against this?

also if anyone has good conversions for exodites using the eldar codex

thanks look forward to your replies
Welcome to the apocalypse
CD-W32/L6/D3
BA-W12/L1/D0

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: Starting Exodites
« Reply #1 on: July 2, 2010, 01:37:24 AM »
That sound pretty much like what we see when people do Exodites; lots of imagination, lots of conversions and lots of elf modesl from FB. It usually turns out looking really good too. I have also seen treemen as wraithlords and dryads as wraithguards, incidentally.
The Exodite-army I am selling also has Eldar riders on pterodactyl (from Lizardmen) and Tricerpatops with heavy weapon howdahs as falcons.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Aoitora

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #2 on: July 2, 2010, 03:39:29 AM »
Ive caught this guys youtube channel a few times he's got a pretty flash looking exodite force have a look around his blog for some ideas perhaps?

http://pathoftheexodite.blogspot.com/

Offline Omegabob

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 06:56:39 PM »
Here are some formulas I'm using (I use only plastic parts) if you want to use some of them.  As a preface I believe in the Exodites having guns.  Also you will need to ebay to find some bits dealers instead of buying tons of full kits for just a few parts.

Dire Avengers: Eldar Dire Avenger legs and arms with the gun flare along the barrel sanded down, Dark Elf Corsair torsos (cape included) and High Elf White Lion heads.  The Exarch uses the Dark Elf Corsair helmeted head that has the sea serpent on the top and the two Dire Avenger Exarch rifles.

Guardians: Old Dark Eldar legs, arms and guns, with Wood Elf Glade Guard heads and Dark Elf Warrior torsos.  Weapons platform as it is

Fire Dragons: High Elf spearman legs, with Silver Helm torsos, High Elf Chariot driver helmet heads with the tassel stuff on top and Old Dark Eldar Splinter Cannon arm and gun sets.  Trim off the barrels of the Old Splinter Cannons and put the large dragon like head from the Chaos cannon barrels.

Dark Reapers: Eldar Guardian legs with Dark Elf Knight torsos and heads.  For the reaper launcher use the missile launcher from the Guardian weapon platform.  Use the Dark Elf Warriors arms.  Trimming off the spear bits except for the handle gives you a hand holding a handle to attach to the missile launcher and the shield arm is just sort of there (or you may have better luck than I have had getting both arms to touch the missile launcher).

Striking Scorpions: Eldar Guardian legs with Old Dark Eldar Warrior torsos.  For the arms use the ones from the Dark Elf Corsairs (right arms have swords and most left arms have a mini crossbow).  I trimmed down the mini crossbows and attached Old splinter pistols there while keeping the Dark Elf Corsair firing hand (when you see the parts it will come to you).  For the mandiblasters I used the targeting things that get glued on the the Guardian shoulders.  And for the heads I used the bare heads from the Dark Elf Corsair set (some green stuff is needed to make a neck for them).

Autarch: The High Elf Prince/Noble on foot works for this almost as is.  I went with the High Elf Lord on Dragon helmet head with the Dragon and wings because it had a better spread and the sword arm and shield arm from the same set with a shuriken pistol from the Dire Avenger glued on.

Warlocks/Farseer: The High Elf Phoenix Guard work for these roles almost as is as well.  Most of the regular units are armed with Singing Spears already and there ate parts to do Witchblades and shuriken pistols as well when you add the shuriken pistols from the Dire Avenger set.  Plus the commander model from this unit makes for a great Farseer.

Swooping Hawks: I haven't entirely figured out how I'm going to do these yet but I know they will use the legs from the Dark Elf Corsairs and the wings from the Tyranids Gargoyles.

Wraithguard: Still working out some details with this unit but I was thinking of using the Lizardmen Temple Guard bodies and heads as a base to work from.  To explain them fluff-wise, since they are a primitive reptilian race they become confussed on the modern battle field (Wraithsight) so they need a Warlock to lead them to prevent that.  And using Lizard people ties into the hole dinosaur/dragon thing.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 12:30:15 AM by Omegabob »