News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Mega battle shennanigans! 2000pts of... ummm... Imperial... stuff...  (Read 2292 times)

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
At the end of June my gaming group is getting together at one guy's house for a mega battle where we all bring 2000pts and just obliterate each other for hours on end.  Initially, I was going to bring my standard 1850 Harlequins list with an additional Culexus Assassin.  That is until I started reading the comments people were leaving on what kind of armies they were bringing...

Here's an idea of some of the madness:

So the closest I could get to match that level of bullamphetamine parrotery is to come up with this awesome piece of army crafting!

Imperial Knights - Baronial Court Formation
Knight Crusader:  Battle Cannon, Stormspear Rocket Pod.  470pts
Knight Errant370pts
Knight Paladin375pts

Dark Angels Allied Detachment
Librarian:  Mastery Level 2, Bike, Shroud of Heroes.  120pts
5 Tactical Marines:  Lascannon.  90pts

Assassinorum Execution Force
Callidus145pts
Culexus140pts
Eversor135pts
Vindicare150pts

Total Points:  2000
Model Count:  13

For the Librarian, I am probably going to roll him up on Technomancy and keep him near the knights.

All in all, there will be much blood, death, merriment, booze, and trash talking!  I am really looking forward to it!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 06:35:28 PM by Grand Master Lomandalis »
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
That sounds like it will be an awesome day.

You could still take the Harlies, chance with that many super heavies on the board, they will be far too busy shooting at each other, leaving the Harlies free to swoop in and leave a bloody mess :)

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Re: Mega battle shennanigans! 2000pts of... ummm... Imperial... stuff...
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 06:03:46 PM »
Well there were some definite shenanigans that went on in that game.

You know how I posted the image joking about Bill taking Adam's Reaver.  Yeah, didn't need to.  The beslubberer had one of his own!

Anyways, we agreed to have all of the armour start off the table in reserves because we wanted to give the two guys that brought actual armies a chance to not die on turn one.  Turns out, that idea really backfired.  The Reaver was on the opposing side and it came in on turn 2, where as I didn't get my Errant or Paladin until turn 3.  They were only able to move onto the board before the Reaver fired and hit them both with D weapons and proceeded to roll a 6 for both, removing them from the table.  I brought my Crusader onto the board at the other end of the table and he got one round of shooting off before the Reaver turned Turbolaser at him.  96" range on the gun, we measured it and the knight was at 94".  *Sigh*  He fired, and thankfully didn't roll a 6 on the D-table.  I just failed two saves and he rolled 6 hullpoints for the damage.

I did have a laugh at a team mates expense though.  He brought a unit of marines in a Drop Pod with the Librarius Conclave and planned to cast Electrodisplacement to swap places with a unit of Assault Centurions so they could assault a Baneblade.  Except when he brought them in, he placed them right beside the Culexus Assassin.  Man, I tell you, the look on his face as the realization came over him what just happened... priceless!
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...