News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1850 competitive tyranids  (Read 1600 times)

Offline BoyWonder

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
1850 competitive tyranids
« on: January 25, 2013, 01:32:33 PM »
2 hive tyrants w/wings/2 brainleech devourers/leech essence/paroxsym/:520
10 ymgarl genestealers:230
3 hive gaurd:150
3 tervigons w/adrenal glands/toxin sacs/catalyst/:585
3x13 termagants :195
5 raveners w/rendering claws/:175

This list is 5 point over, but hey i will remove 1 gant.  This list does not look super large, but i am sure it will pack quite a punch.  I am not 100 percent sure how to play this considering I am a chaos space marines player, but I figured since that list is set I will test my skills somewhere else.  Please give me your feedback.

Offline SeriousCallersOnly

• Brother Sergeant
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • This is not a Space Marine
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Tyranids
Re: 1850 competitive tyranids
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 04:37:16 PM »
You might want to think about the size of the ymgarl brood. With them popping out of terrain, you may find there is not room to place them all, in which case you lose the excess. A wise opponenet can predict where you will nominate and block accordingly.

Offline BoyWonder

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 06:12:55 PM »
ok thank you, I have also been told to remove the raveners because they don't fit the list.

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 07:27:41 PM »
I'm not sure about the raveners. You do have a pair of flyrants to run backup and synapse for them, and 5 of them packing rending claws is some serious heat. However, that could also easily prove their undoing (although there's a lot to be said for their absolutely blistering pace.

I think they need playtesting more than anything else. I also think it's worth testing to see if it's worth going for biomancy on at least one of your tyrants. Iron Arm can turn a flyrant into a seriously tough cookie, and can potentially help reduce the impact of being grounded, as can Endurance, while Warp Speed makes them really scary combat opponents regardless of what weapons they have.

Overall though I think it's a perfectly fine list, although as mentioned the ymgarls might be a little unwieldy. If you drop the raveners I think I'd look at replacing them with another hive guard brood, as right now it's a little too easy for your opponent to neutralise your anti-armour units.

The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*