News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Dark Eldar Painting  (Read 2034 times)

Offline Aislinn

• "If it bleeds, we can kill it"
Dark Eldar Painting
« on: June 28, 2014, 04:56:57 AM »
So going to hopefully be working on my dark elder stuff soon.  been out of the hobby for a long time cause of work... but hopefully in a year or so I will be able to work on stuff again. 
    so, basically I want to throw around paint schemes for these dudes.  I was thinking of either a dark blue, which seems really cliché,  or doing something dark green or red.  what do you guys think?  I think a really deep red sounds cool but I am kind of indecisive so, just want some help. if more info is needed, I will be glad to supply more  😁 thanks for the help.
  "Their song shall die first!"

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
Re: Dark Eldar Painting
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 03:37:38 AM »
This is a good question. What is your armies name? That usually has baring on what I choose. My army or should say wych cult is called AzureDeath ( Blue Death )so I went with blue for mine but also have Black Death for my warrior army and use mainly metallic blacks with bright greens on the weapons. So for instance if you called yours the Crimson _______ then deep reds would be perfect. If they were to be called the Blighted Mercenaries then greens would be a good choice for them. And they're some many options to consider. But ultimately it's your choice. Army builder has a paint program on it that I use sometimes to find combos that work with each other or find an outine of the model and then color with map colors, crayons or even the paints you have at your disposal. Hope this helps.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Aislinn

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 05:53:35 AM »
yeah that does help.  thank you.  i know i had a kabal in mind for the warriors, but i totally forgot which one, but i can easily look that up to help with paint schemes.  i still don't know if i want to stick to it 100%.  but i'll try out some stuff and post photos.

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 08:16:21 AM »
What paints have you got? When I started painting my DE I didn't really know what I wanted so I just collected all my paints together and painted bits of sprue in various colour combinations until I arrived at something I liked.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Aislinn

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 06:53:48 AM »
     Well I do apologize for lack of replying.  I've been moving and trying to figure out a few things for these guys as well.  I regret to inform that I have not been able to paint anything and get any photos prepared; however, once I get settled into my next place I will take photos. 
     I have thought of a few paint schemes.  the main being an iridescent paint for the main troops.  Now, I'm not sure if I should paint all of the models like that for their armor, or if I should save the iridescent paint for the special troops and just paint the regular jo-bros with a off-black color.  any ideas, comments, or whatnot is welcome.

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 07:10:49 AM »
I like the idea of an iridescent colour scheme for the special troops but personally I'm not a fan of using too much black for the Warriors. I think you should stick with your original idea of deep red
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"

Offline Aislinn

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2015, 11:04:18 PM »
     The dark red is an interesting idea.  I'm so torn though.  which kind of dark red? like wine red/burgundy, or like a off-black red, or maybe like a reddish purple.  I have a really cool reddish purple, and I think I will swatch a few colors when I re-open  my painting station.

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2015, 03:30:38 PM »
Personally I like the sound of the reddish purple and if you already have this colour I suppose it makes sense for you to use it.

Offline Aislinn

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 11:42:47 PM »
    Well, then... I think that settled the struggle.  I shall try to get that color.  I am not sure how long it will take to get photos... between moving and other such shenanigans.  However, once I get all settled I shall be sure to post photos. 
    I'm so excited to get back into painting again. Thanks for the help in the decision-making process.

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 10:56:49 AM »
I look forward to seeing your photo's it will be good to see something other than Harlies or Eldar  :)