News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000pts Biel-Tan CITY FIGHT for Orks  (Read 2528 times)

Offline Star.Scream

• The OLD Transformers were the best! - Classic!!!
1000pts Biel-Tan CITY FIGHT for Orks
« on: January 16, 2002, 05:09:58 PM »
>>>>>I feel so good posting a army on the new message board, oh well, give some people a chance to get their posts up (and have you seen Brutal moon[forget his new name] and Jiritual - they're over 30 posts already!! man, i guess ranks matter to them...big deal eh)

Any way...here we go

farseer- RoWit, Fortune,

10 Striking Scorps -
-Exarch - Stealth,. Biting Blade,

5 Striking Scorps (no ^ grades)

10 Swooping hawks
-Exarch, Sustaind assault, web of skuls & SP

10 Warp Spiders
Exarch - Withdraw, Surprise assault, powerblades

warithlord
Shurikien Cannon
flamers on both hands

>>>>>Main plan, get the wraithlord in hth fast - picked a low ap(and pt) weapon b.c its orks, he'll just smash'm up in hth.  Farseer with, farseer will stick with the wraith lord and stay outa hth, he'll just fortune him, make him even harder to kill  ;D
Hawks deepstrike(can they in City fight? I forget)
Spiders warp up the side and work with the hawks
Scorps infiltrate - maybe tango with teh spiders
other scorps (the 5 man [left over pts] swuad) follow the wraith lord and farseer, staying outa shooting range and stuff, darting inbetween buildings.

Its a ruff plan, and its my fist city fight game, and I'm very certain that my friend will pack as many orks into 1000pts as possable
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1011506400 »
"Conquest is made of the ashes of one's enemies." - StarScream

"You can never know everything, and part of what you do know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies on going on anyway."
-al'Lan Mandragoran, p.600 Winters Heart, book nine of the series "The Wheel of Time," by Robert Jordan.

Offline Morsla

• WAU Exodite
Re: 1000pts Biel-Tan CITY FIGHT for Orks
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2002, 08:08:27 PM »
Cityfight, eh?

Okay - one thing I would recommend is taking a squad of Rangers. Free up some points by cutting a model or two from each squad, or using the points from the 5 scorpions. They can infiltrate, improve the already good cover save (3+ cover save at the top of a building... plus grab a tall objective and knock a point off the enemy cover saves). Against orks, they'll buy precious time, by pinning units.

Swooping Hawks - good in a city, but careful landing in those ruins with jump packs...

Warp Spiders - a good unit, more mobility. Hid hard and disappear...

Indirect fire is also handy. Another option instead of the dreadnaught (although he *is* pretty useful) is taking some support platforms. D-cannons or Shadow Weavers will let you fire from out of the Orks range, and out of sight.

With so few squads, you'll have your work cut out for you keeping them co-ordinated - if the orks split you up, you'll lose. Some of those units are very mobile, though - which should help a lot.
In the Grim Darkness of the Forty First Millenium,
there will always be more painting to do...

Offline TopDogma

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2002, 08:43:59 PM »
Rangers are useful in cityfight, but pinning ork squads is very tough to do. you gotta remember that any ork mob with >12 models is essentially fearless, and in cityfight you can expect to see a lot of models...

Offline Star.Scream

• The OLD Transformers were the best! - Classic!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2002, 09:46:42 PM »
>>>>>I was planing on keeping it mobil, and together, I'm hopeing the wraithlord can kinda split the orks in two so that hte warp spiders / striking scorps / hawks can all gang up on one group and take it out.
"Conquest is made of the ashes of one's enemies." - StarScream

"You can never know everything, and part of what you do know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies on going on anyway."
-al'Lan Mandragoran, p.600 Winters Heart, book nine of the series "The Wheel of Time," by Robert Jordan.

Offline Bel

Re:1000pts Biel-Tan CITY FIGHT for Orks
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2002, 08:51:17 AM »
Nice tactic against orks....go the WL....heheh
Colored as a maiden tweaked,
Time was naught when I began;
Through the garden I was sneaked,
I alone am the fall of man.

FarseerofFate

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2002, 11:11:50 AM »
i really have no experiance with orks but i can say if there are any scorchas or nobs with bosses they may give the hawks and scorpians a problem all i really have to say is

if fighting orcs day by day all that can be done is pray, pray, pray

-=Poueblo=-

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2002, 03:47:05 PM »
hmmm, mobility is nice but they might be able to corner you, just have a few starcannons or scatter lasers :)