News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2500pt list advice needed(its the last list for now, dont worry)  (Read 479 times)

Offline lord_guru32

• Life is but a gateway to eternity
ok this list is for a little tourny at my local gaming club, the only points are for your results in the games (which is good for me since i cant paint) and the only list requirments are that you must take a special character so here it is:

HQ:175pts
Shadowsun-175pts

Elites:329pts
4 Stealthsuits-120pts

2 Crisis Suits-126pts
Plasma Rifles
Missile Pods
Multi-trackers

1 Crisis Suit Team Leader Monat (i know it dosnt make sense)-71pts
Fusion Blaster
Flamer
Shield Generator
Targetting Array
HW multi tracker

Troops:836pts
20 Kroot-161pts
Shaper

3x 12 Firewarriors-675pts
Shas'ui
Bonded
Devilfish
Decoy Launchers

Fast Attack:580pts
3 Piranhas-210pts
Fusion Blasters
Decoy Launchers

8 Pathfinders-204pts
Photon Grenades
Devilfish
multi-tracker (to fill up points partly)
decoy launchers
targetting array (see above)

9 Vespids+StrainLeader-166pts

Heavy Support:580pts
2x Hammerhead-340pts
Railgun
Decoy Launchers
BSF
Burst Cannons
Multi Tracker

3 Sniper Drone Teams-240pts

I believe some of my math is a little off here since ive just done it with no calculator, pen and paper at 2am so i can remove a little if neccisary (if im over consider one sniper drone team removed)
the plan is for the sniper drones quite far back and kroot in forest,which i know will be there, to make a small, invisible firebase. the stealths will infiltrate, preferably somewhere near the kroot and the deep striking monat will anihilate any major threat i see with the aid of the pathfinders marker beacon (flamer+fusion blaster means anything from the toughest tank to the weakest ripper is in danger). shadowsun will opperate near the front line near the other 2 crisis suits launching attacks on threatening enemys that show their face. the kroot will be a pillbox and if neccisary will charge the enemy to prevent them reaching my other forces. the sniper drones will pin any fast moving targets they can and occasionally (if possible and needed) pin a big and tough (read chaos lord and retinue) unit for an extra turn of rapid firing FoF while shadowsun and her gang arrive. the hammerheads will do what railguns were build to do and blow up tanks and the piranhas will skin around the flanks with the vespids picking off isolated squads (and in the case of piranhas, vehiicles). the firewarriors are there to apply extra pressure on whatever target needs it but mainly on lighter infantry.

Pros of list (imo):
Highly mobile
decent amount of firepower
multiple units for each type of target i should face
sturdy vehicles
decent nightfight potential

Cons of list (again imo):
Plan could fall apart in seconds
certain units could get isolated rather easily
very low on number for the armys points
quite likely to be outgunned by shooty armies
only one enemy squad will recieve a reasonable amount of markerlight hits per turn
alot more i cant think of

so that about covers my thoughts for now and any help would be appreciated (advice on the list or tactics would be a good help)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 12:39:35 PM by lord_guru32 »
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with countless aeons even death may die"

Ninja Kirby (>'')>* * * *

Offline The_Outcast

• Infinity Circuit
  • I am the only one who left willingly.
Re: 2500pt list advice needed(its the last list for now, dont worry)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 12:29:12 PM »
Okay for one in your paragraph you stated what your were going to do with the kroot and said two different things. So which is it. I'm not to sure about taking shadowsun, I woul noramlly take a Shas'o with a plasma rifle, missile pod, shieldgenerator, and a HW multitracker, he is cheaper and if you take stimulant injectors and he would still be cheaper. But you could optionally take both.

BSF on stealths worthless dude with an 18" range and a reroll, night fight shouldn't be a problem. for the monat I would take TW fusion blasters or a targeting array because you don't want him to miss.

I refuse to use kroot so I won't comment on them. Not to sure about the piranhas if they are going to fly along with the vcespids I would give them burstcannons over fusion blasters. If you use them with the vespids the vespids can take armoured things short of termanators but will be lacking against nids, or orks, or evern IG. basically any horde.

Seems a little thin on troops over all. I can't think of way to fix this.

The_Outcast

Offline lord_guru32

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 12:38:04 PM »
i'll use the kroot differently depending on enemy, i realised im a little short on troops but i did the troops last and by the time i got to them i didnt want to remove anything else. i'll knock the BSF's off the stealths and give the monat a targetting array, the piranhas are there to assist the vespids agains particularly tough targets and for extra anti tank (its at 2500pts and all i have is 2 rails, 1 unreliable deepstriker, shadowsun and her short range, 2 quite weak missile pods and the piranhas so id prefer to keep them. i said at the start of the list i had to take a special character so im stuck with her for now.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with countless aeons even death may die"

Offline The_Outcast

• Infinity Circuit
  • I am the only one who left willingly.
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 01:52:35 PM »
i said at the start of the list i had to take a special character so im stuck with her for now.

Sorry I must have missed that.Try adding some more seeker missiles. I would two of devil fishes on the FW to free up some points. Fill out the stealth team and take at least one fusion blaster in the stealth team. I would put 2 seekers on the two hammerheads. Give three pathfinders railrifles. and give the FW shas'uis without devil fishes markelights.

The_Outcast

Offline lord_guru32

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 01:57:34 PM »
my snipers give me enough rail rifles, i like to keep it that whoever my pathfinders light up are going to hurt alot. i cant drop 2 fish as i want to stay mostly mobile although i'll drop one now that you mention it. i might add in a few seekers and fill out the stealth team so thanks for the help (cant do it now though, g2g)